Votes: 18 38.3%
  • 10-15 years old

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • 15-20 years old

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Over 20 years old

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
I'm not sure how old I was, but definitely very young.

My dad had brought home a terminal from work, it had a suction cup modem on it, probably 150 baud speed at most. It had no screen, rather it printed everything on a roll of thermal paper, like the old fax machines used. We were in Southern California, and he called some computer in Sunnyvale and we played that Colossal Cave text adventure game. DOS 1.0 FTW!

My mom had a giant CP/M computer she used for her bookkeeping practice, with 8 inch floppy drives. I played ZORK and many other text adventures, tons of Infocom titles.

We had an Intellivision as well, many hours burned on that machine.

I think I was about 12 or so, when I started electronic gaming. Kinda hard to tell, the only electronic gaming that I can recall even existing when I was in elementary school was that Mattel hand-held football game:

Mattel-Football.jpg

I never owned one, so I sucked at it lol.

I'm not sure how old I was, but definitely very young.

My dad had brought home a terminal from work, it had a suction cup modem on it, probably 150 baud speed at most. It had no screen, rather it printed everything on a roll of thermal paper, like the old fax machines used. We were in Southern California, and he called some computer in Sunnyvale and we played that Colossal Cave text adventure game. DOS 1.0 FTW!

My mom had a giant CP/M computer she used for her bookkeeping practice, with 8 inch floppy drives. I played ZORK and many other text adventures, tons of Infocom titles.

We had an Intellivision as well, many hours burned on that machine.

I think I was about 12 or so, when I started electronic gaming. Kinda hard to tell, the only electronic gaming that I can recall even existing when I was in elementary school was that Mattel hand-held football game:

Mattel-Football.jpg

Wow - cool! ^_^

My gaming career started with a Schneider PC and some wannabe consoles.. later Atari 2000, C64, Amiga and so on.. think i started with 9 years or so.. (33 years old meanwhile)

the only electronic gaming that I can recall even existing when I was in elementary school was that Mattel hand-held football game:

Mattel-Football.jpg

God, I *had* one of those and I *still* sucked at it. Button-mashing ftl. :p

I think I was 7 when I got my SNES, but 12 when I started with the computer. First games were SW: Dark Forces and TIE Fighter. pogobug ftw!

I started when I was about 20... Played Defender of the Crown... That was fun
Went to Dune, Diablo + 2, Starcraft... Age of Empire.. Red Alert!
Baldor's gate.. Sacred and SWG

When I tell people about me playing those games I am considered weird.. 'cause they are not girly games

:lol: Like being WEIRD!

I started when I was about 20... Played Defender of the Crown... That was fun
Went to Dune, Diablo + 2, Starcraft... Age of Empire.. Red Alert!
Baldor's gate.. Sacred and SWG

When I tell people about me playing those games I am considered weird.. 'cause they are not girly games

:lol: Like being WEIRD!
Oh oh, I really enjoyed Diablo - played/have all expansions as well. I heard Titan Quest was rather good, a lot like Diablo :)
Weird is great! Who wants to be normal? Everyone else does that so well ^_^ But then again, who is to say what's normal? :rolleyes:

If I, for example, were to tell people at work that I play computer games, play roleplaying games (pen and paper), follow wicca/shamanism and like the medieval - people would certainly raise an eyebrow. I say I play games and like religion... Tho, it all depends on who you are around, what crowds you 'hang with' :)

Last edited:
I played Pong...
No, really.

My sis and I got an Atari 2600 when we were kids. But I wasn't hard-chore. Played ultima II for a while, but the first Summer I ever wasted, I wasted on Super Mario Brothers for the NES. That was my VG "Awakening."

Oh oh, I really enjoyed Diablo - played/have all expansions as well. I heard Titan Quest was rather good, a lot like Diablo :)
Weird is great! Who wants to be normal? Everyone else does that so well ^_^ But then again, who is to say what's normal? :rolleyes:

If I, for example, were to tell people at work that I play computer games, play roleplaying games (pen and paper), follow wicca/shamanism and like the medieval - people would certainly raise an eyebrow. I say I play games and like religion... Tho, it all depends on who you are around, what crowds you 'hang with' :)
Ya should try Sword of the New World. Similar to Diablo, you just get to control three characters instead of one. Ask Mr. Lethos. ^_^

I played PC games and other video games b4 I even turned 10, but I said 10-15, because that's when I actually managed to play games like 8+ hours a day on some days.

And, I still do... when I'm not busy and can find enough good game(s) to play.

Back