Votes: 11 23.4%
  • 15-20 years old

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Over 20 years old

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
...when you started playing computer games? :)
(Not when you first tried it out, but when you started playing more 'hard-chore')

And which was your first game that you played a lot?

Last edited:
I think I was about 20 when I started playing a lot, and the first game was Doom ^_^
(I think I was around 20 when I got my first own computer)

i think 5 or 6 when i got a game boy and started playing games like super mario and tetris hehe

got a snes a few years later and it continued from there

Most oldest memory of any game I played was Maniac Mansion for the Nintendo.

Computer games? When I was around 12 years old. I started playing Unreal Tournament and Counter-Strike at the LAN Center that I used to live near.

I was about 4 or 5 when I first tried Pong. From there it was the Atari 2600... can't really say I had a favorite game for it. There were a ton of games and at that age I didn't really care what I was playing, it was just super groovy to play video games at home! Good topic Zana... extremely nostalgic as far as I'm concerned. As much as there is to be said for the super complex gaming of today, there is a little part of me that longs for the days of an eight directional controler with one red button.

Thanks Zana... you made my day! :D

Respectfully,

Mack

I was about 4 or 5 when I first tried Pong. From there it was the Atari 2600... can't really say I had a favorite game for it. There were a ton of games and at that age I didn't really care what I was playing, it was just super groovy to play video games at home! Good topic Zana... extremely nostalgic as far as I'm concerned. As much as there is to be said for the super complex gaming of today, there is a little part of me that longs for the days of an eight directional controler with one red button.

Thanks Zana... you made my day! :D

Respectfully,

Mack
Hehe, yw ^_^
And yes, it is nostalgic! :rolleyes: I remmber sitting all alone in my appartment while my bf at the time worked night shift. I was playing Doom, and I was scared like shit. When I went to go to the bathroom, I had to check behind the drapery...I saw monsters in every shadow, behind everything... :eek::p

I started programming at 5 (LOL I made a little thing that printed my name a few different ways on a Commodore 64) and was playing games probably around 4-5. Don't remember other than my dad saying I was a better programmer than his boss.

I started semi-gaming on the old atari system but I really started gaming when the Intellivision came out (Burger Time FTW) and I haven't looked back since.

SWG is the only game I've ever played "hard-chore", and I only started like 2 years ago...so being the only over 20 ftw!

I must have been about 3 or 4 years old when I started playing "AZTEC" and "DEFENDER" and some other text based RPG on the good ol' apple II C

Ultima.

No roman numerals, just.. Ultima, on a 5.25" floppy in 1980 or '81.

Wizardry (no roman numerals) > Ultima (no roman numerals)

;)

Between that and my dad and I playing hours of Super Breakout on the Atari 2600. /sigh Those were the days.

Prolly around 25-26, with X-wing. I saw the game while visiting a friend. I had a pc at work, they were pretty expensive back then but I bought one to play X-wing heh i even remember buying a seperate sound card as it wasnt fun to play it w/o sound. The first week i think I broke like 3 joysticks. :p

Ultima.

No roman numerals, just.. Ultima, on a 5.25" floppy in 1980 or '81.
Best RPG series of all time.
I still have my copies of 1-9

I was around 7-8 and the first game I ever played hardcore on the computer was Haunted House on a TRS-80 Model III. It was around 79-80

Last edited:
I was 17 when I first played chess against a computer. It was running on a CDC mainframe in a low-energy accelerator lab I was touring as a freshman physics student. :eek:

Needless to say, I couldn't have fit that puppy in my dorm room, or powered it up even if it would have fit, even if I could have afforded to buy it. ^_^

Back