Heroes Season 3 - Villains

Or they just didn't think as hard as you do and just make it interesting :lol:

Peter got his powers taken away. The others had it turned off. Otherwise Hiro would have been normal also.

See that's another thing that disturbs me.

Arthur reduced Hiro's age mentally to 10, however Hiro's powers had not manifested themselves at that age but remained. Why not kill Hiro? It is another inconsistency in the writing. He killed Maury, killed the Precog, but let Hiro live, a person who can manipulate time and space. Why didn't he absorb Hiro's power rather than just removing his memories.

I do believe ultimately Peter's powers will return, Gabriel got his back. I was concerned about another departure. Everytime Sylar has tried to open up Elle's head in the past there has been an EMP pulse. This time nothing.....

I think perhaps you are giving these "trained" soldiers too much credit. These guys are used to bully around helpless villagers, they possibly werent prepared for someone that might actually fight back. :)

As for the hiro thing, as we have seen before theres always a reason for why people do certain things and its usually told in future episodes. I dont know maybe Mr P thinks Hiro is necesity for future events.

okay so that latest ep was the best there has been for a long while. i suppose that answers why arthur didnt kill hiro! even so, why didnt he just get "the light" from hiros mother anyway if he could go back in time? not like she could put up a fight in her condition is it?

also why didn't sylar get rid of the haitian at the end?

also what is with peter getting facial scars all the time lol

Last edited:
See that's more of the inconsistencies.

Apparently after Sylar's call he decided the best time to get the light was the night it was given to Claire. I suppose he knew Hiro's mother died that night so she had to transfer it before her death. Figuring that was the easiest time to go he went to that time.

This however does not explain why he didn't kill Hiro earlier unless of course the Arthur who does that is from some future point, and thus he's not really dead. After all if someone removes the bullet he's likely to come back. (Of course since he took Peter's powers he has Matt's power and that bullet through the head could just be a mental illusion).

There was almost sorrow in Sylar when he burned Elle's remains. It also appears he didn't actually open her head completely only enough to kill her. However not long afterwards he delights in killing the others.

I suspect Sylar didn't take on the Haitian because once Arthur was down the Haitian could easily stop Sylar, he's not yet as powerful as Arthur. It seems Sylar still has some respect for Peter though. Sylar's next target will be Angela I'd think who was also trying to use him.

Test Subject: 2 tour Marine who served in Iraq and saw his friends die around him, who thinks this was a good test subject? I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some psychological problems.

Am i right that there's only 1 week to go where they have to make everything end neatly?

NBC has cast John Glover (Lex Luthor's dad on "Smallville") to play SPOILER in "Heroes."

gloverheroes.jpg

The Tony award winner will turn up towards the end of "Heroes'" forthcoming "Fugitives" chapter.

Meanwhile, Entertainment Weekly also got to talk to Bryan Fuller ("Pushing Daisies"), who's rejoining the show as a consultant. Here's a bit on "Fugitives," which kicks-off on February 2:

Yes. Episodes 14, 15 and 16 are amazing. The whole "Fugitives" arc starts out very strongly, and then it gets a little dense in the middle in terms of the mythology. So I came in right at the point where everybody was realizing, "Oh, we're getting too dense here and we need to put faces on stories because there is no face to a formula; there is no face to saving the world." So it's turning this big ship back into a character stream, and everyone on the writing staff shares that desire. We need to get back into a character place, because that's where this story started: Very clean, superhero metaphors to everyday life. That's the path that we're taking. But it is a big ship so it's going to take a little while to turn it.

I finished watching the last episode of volume 3 and I must say my only gripe about this season was that they didn't have Beverly in it anywhere. Copycat was awesome. :p The speedster is an awesome character. Anyone else notice that the speedster's personality was like that of Mira's from Kotor 2?

beverley? crusher? i dont remember any beverley

i was not too taken by the final ep and thought the going back in time thing with ando and speedy was particularly lame. i rolled my eyes at it anyway. sylar is starting to become interesting again and i still wish someone would kill claire. sick of her now!

Beverly, Micah's cousin who could copy anything that she saw, like kick-boxing, gymnastics, etc.

well i get the impression she might be featuring again, given that there was a photo of micah quite explicitly showing in that folder the president looked at

beverley? crusher? i dont remember any beverley

i was not too taken by the final ep and thought the going back in time thing with ando and speedy was particularly lame. i rolled my eyes at it anyway. sylar is starting to become interesting again and i still wish someone would kill claire. sick of her now!
TBH, I was shocked to see that. I had assumed they took Hiro's power because the writers didn't want to deal with time travel anymore. Reset Peter's, take Hiro's, and kill Arthur. No more time travel. But then they pulled that Daphne stunt.

What I want to understand is how Daphnie can travel in the direction she wants to go through time.

maybe she runs backwards to go backwards in time and forwards to go forwards rofl

it was so far fetched and weak it wouldnt surprise me

Well there are a few things.

Presumably Meredith will survive the fire, we don't know for sure but she seemed resistant to flames.

Sylar though was left on the floor. Now it is possible Angela removed the glass beforehand which would allow him to escape.

(Arthur could survive after all if someone removes the bullet and return him to life)

Now based on what they said before Peter has his original power back. It is probably safe to assume that he does not have all the absorbed powers back like how Sylar lost his original ones as well since he still has the scar after dropping Nathan off. At the time Flint, Nathan, The Haitian, and Dr. Surresh were in the building. So he may well have acquired all their abilities. Coming within range of Sylar would give him most of his others assuming Sylar survived.

Remember the number one rule in comic books, if there's not a body, they aren't dead. They showed Elle's body and Arthur's, but not Sylar's......Even if there is a body they can come back.

Peter will become the terrorist of future Peter it seems. Every future or alternate peter had a face scar which means every one of them had at some point lost Claire's abilities, though in some cases they had regained them later. I bet he seeks out Claude first, perhaps we'll see the Invisible Man again. Of course coming near Claire will restore them.

Wonder what Ando's power would do to Peter's power.....yeah let him copy Ando's power so he can supercharge all his own abilities.....

Hiro has still lost his powers, in most futures HIro was gone. Peter might seek out Hiro and also see if he can find some way to restore Hiro's powers. After all future Peter had them.

Something else bothers me, Sylar mentions that he couldn't kill Claire even if he wanted to. So if that is true and Sylar took her power, and Arthur got her power from Peter, then we may see both again.

Elle I think was Claire's real sister. I do not think Bob was Elle's father.

Also Beverly was not her name, Micah's cousin's name was Monica Dawson.

Oh I forgot Tracy was in the building too, so possibly Peter would have her power.

Nope if you check HEROESwiki it was Monica.

There is another sister to Niki and Tracy who's name is Barbara who has yet to appear on the show except in a picture and a mention by Dr. Zimmerman.

Why not?!?! Beverly was awesome, do you have a link?
No it was ages ago. They wanted to make things simpler and her not being in it cut out a lot of people. Didn't think Beverly sounded right.

Merediths brother said flames couldn't hurt him. Or he didn't care.

Sylar will be back.

I don't think Peter will get all his powers back. Good idea too as he's too powerful.
Sylar is getting a little too powerful for my liking. Claire showed he can be stopped still though.

Nathans change into a "bad" guy was a little too quick and easy for me.

Fugitives looks like it will be pretty good.

Check out the Heroes Destiny webisodes and the new Recruit one coming from the NBC site. :cool:

Keep in mind Peter had been exposed to a lot more powers than he actually used.

It's possible he has all his powers back, but that would be dependent upon him abosorbing them all back from his father. I doubt that's possible but it could be since in reality Arthur is really incapacitated not dead since if you remove the bullet he'd live again. The trouble would be that Peter might not realize it and thus they may not work until he does.

There was Arthur's words to him too "You'll become as I am."

There is a lot of stuff highly contrived on the show. In essence they try to move the story to quickly and do not allow time for a natural progression such as major changes in personality and shifts in loyalty.

There of course is the great paradox too, since Ando got his powers from the formula, how could they destroy it using Ando's powers..... Because if the formula didn't exist, then Ando didn't get his powers. If Ando doesn't get his powers they couldn't go back and rescue Hiro or destroy the formula. (Also Hiro only tears it up into smaller pieces, now a smart person would of used one of the bunson burners and made sure it was destroyed.)

I believe Sylar will return as well :). (I also believe its possible Arthur will return, and that Hiro will regain his powers. ). Future Hiro and Future Peter had to have worked for someone in the beginning, perhaps that someone was Arthur.

Back