Heroes Season 3 - Villains

Another amazing episode! Was surprised by the Adam bit. Can't wait till next week as it has me gripped. :)

Plus I have caught up on the online comics too! :cool:

I remembered that adam was in a dream that angela had, so im guessing hes eiter not dead entirely or hiro is gnna go back and save him.

Also, is like sylar the last real hero atm? considering everyone is either awol, gone nuts, or lost their powers?

I remembered that adam was in a dream that angela had, so im guessing hes eiter not dead entirely or hiro is gnna go back and save him.

Also, is like sylar the last real hero atm? considering everyone is either awol, gone nuts, or lost their powers?
aye im guessing mr p is the big villain for this year and there must be a way to reverse this power stealing thing he has going. id guess eventually somehow the powers get returned to their hosts, whether it will be a bit late for adam or not remains to be seen

It was nice to see that Hiro had not actually killed Ando. Hiro appears to be the great hero.

Mr. P having all of Peter's powers might not be a good thing for him. That means he'll have Sylar's hunger too......

Gabriel seems driven by the hunger. The killing was not to kill. He had a thirst for power. A thirst he could not control. Killing was an effect of him feeding his insatiable thirst for power. However he has shown that he can control it to some degree. After all he didn't immediately go to 'feed' on Daphne. He also freed Peter. The question is how long can you stave off the hunger.

Adam Monroe went in a sad way. I suppose Mr. P needed Adam's power to heal himself, Claire or Peter probably would have done just as well. In a way absorbing Peter's powers might provide the way to defeat him if he also inherits the weaknesses such as the shot in the back of the head. What killed Adam wasn't Mr. P. Keep in mind by this point Adam is several hundred years old. With his power removed his body reverted to its natural state, dust.

The simplest way to defeat Mr. P would be to travel back in time before he absorbed Adam's powers and disconnect his iron lung. He'd then sufficate to death. He possess telepathy though and possibly other mental powers at that point so it is hard to know how well this would work.

I think Peter and Gabriel's powers were perhaps somewhat engineered. They could wander the world collecting powers that their father could absorb. Why Peter didn't try to read his mind I'm not sure. Daphne though is definitely in over her head. She's the typical in the wrong place at the wrong time person. If she's smart she'll run far and wide.

Noah would do far better to find and release Gabriel and accept Sylar as his partner. Sylar is far more effective against other supers than I think Meredith will be. Another choice would be to allow Meredith and Claire to help him.

What I think was important was the guy in Africa spoke of Hiro's thinking more than relying on his powers. Perhaps it is a foreshadowing that Hiro will also lose his powers in the near future. Remember the future Hiro that we saw was very different than the Hiro we've seen so far. However in all futures revealed so far there is no Mr. P.

Two precogs we know of left, the one in Africa and Gabriel.

If any of the folks working for Mr. P want to know what their reward will be, they should consider carefully what he did to Peter. If he'd strip his own son of his powers, he certainly would be willing to take theirs.

It is possible that Mr. P's death could release the powers of those he absorbs back to the original owners. Whether that would turn the dust back into Adam can't be sure.

Dr. Suresh has certainly become a villain in his own right. In a way perhaps for the moment without realizing it he has temporarily saved the world. Imagine Mr. P with Maya's powers......

It's interesting how little Matt uses his powers. He certainly has the power to control Daphne's mind, but chooses not to. Perhaps his restraint is the key to Sylar and Peter's problems and potentially Mr. P's. Unlike the others he seems to rely upon his powers as a last resort, not as a first.

nice. and yeah we know that is how adam died :p i was just wondering if his power can reform him from dust :D

T2 style woo!

You know I was thinking Hiro and Ando remind me a lot of R2-D2 and C-3PO. Hiro is kinda like R2 and Ando like 3PO. Just something I was thinking about. They are really the comedy relief of the show in many respects.

You know I was thinking Hiro and Ando remind me a lot of R2-D2 and C-3PO. Hiro is kinda like R2 and Ando like 3PO. Just something I was thinking about. They are really the comedy relief of the show in many respects.

That's what they are supposed to be, it's the whole point. Hiro was kept in the show because people found him funny.

Season 2 was too serious for him with many people. Which is why he is back to being funnier now. Although I think there's too many times where it's not needed and they are just putting Hiro in for no real reason.

Well Angela doesn't appear helpless, at least not completely. Though her body is paralyzed, her mind isn't. Interesting that Gabriel was able to wake up himself from the coma.

I wonder if the Haitian can subdue Mr. P.

Daphne needs to run far and wide.......

If Peter was injected with Claire's blood I wonder if he'd regain his powers. I'm surprised they didn't think of that, perhaps they should have brought Noah and Meredith with them. I also wonder if really his powers are fully gone, though Gabriel could have as Peter said used his telekinesis to slow Peter's fall just enough to allow Peter to survive it is also possible there is a residue of his powers in him. However it could have been a test on Gabriel's part, to see if Peter was telling the truth about their father taking his powers, by not healing Gabriel should know the truth. Remember also that Gabriel when he took Claire's powers said he couldn't kill her even if he wanted to, that there was something special about her, what if Peter gained that as well whatever it is and possibly Gabriel as well.

Sarresh is extremely stupid. If he completes that formula I think the future will be yet even worse than Peter saw. His love for Molly almost let to her permanent use by the Company, his love for Mara has put him into the hands of Mr. P.

Like I said before all those present should have clearly seen their fate when Mr. P took his own admitted sons powers. Maury is just the first of this group to die. I believe though this event is the reason Daphne feels almost uncontrolled fear near Mr. P. She's afraid of being still. In time Mr. P will kill them all.

One has to wonder where Molly is with Sarresh so changed and Matt away so much.

I don't think Mr. P will immediately remove Elle's powers. Like with Sarresh he'll use the promise of helping her to control them to get her to work for him, that is as long as Gabriel doesn't kill her this time.

I started to watch the animated novels, pretty interesting stuff there fills in a lot of gaps in the show. Though between chapters 75-92 i get the error 'video not found'. Anybody else getting this and know a way around it? :(

I can't even watch the animated ones in this country! :(
You can download the PDF file and read the story. I do that and find it easier then loading the pages online.

The ones between the shows are the best. The recent one with Elle had Claude in it. B)

http://www.variety.com/VR1117995152.html

'Heroes' duo get the ax

Alexander, Loeb fired in shakeup

Big shakeup on the staff of NBC's "Heroes" came down on Sunday with the axing of co-exec producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb.

Both scribe-producers had been with the show since its first season and were known to have led the day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/exec producer Tim Kring.
"Heroes," produced by Universal Media Studios, has struggled in the ratings its third season. It's understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of Peacock execs' frustration with the creative direction of the show. The show is also said to have been grappling with hefty budget overruns this season, that are going well beyond its already sizable $4 million per-seg pricetag. Reps for NBC and UMS declined comment.

The show has taken a darker tone really.

I think that might be affecting its popularity and it could also be suffering for backlash of those angry with NBC over their presidential coverage. With the presidential race behind us perhaps it will pick up again.

The first season was very much about hope.
The second was less about hope.
The third could be said to be about despair.

I think the problem is that folks are disconnected to the show.

The change in personalities has been to much for many folks I think. We've seen changes in personality that should take decades take place in the blink of an eye really.

Folks when they tune into their show expect folks to act a certain way, when they turn it on as they did so far this season you have.

1. Claire acting more like her father Noah trying to capture people.
2. Dr. Saresh has gone off the deep end and has become a lot like Sylar.
3. Sylar has seemingly abandoned the worst parts of himself and is now working for the 'good guys' (Really no real good guys or bad guys everyone is gray in this show).
4. Mr. Petrelli returns from the dead by killing off the lovable rogue, Adam.
5. Hiro apparently kills Ando in one show but its not explained til the next that he didn't really.
6. In order to keep the actress around and since they killed off Nikki last season they concoct a new part of the story where she's now part of tripletts and plays her unknown sister who as one of her first acts kills a reporter.
7. Peter seeminingly trusting his father without using his powers and losing his as a result.

That's the problem with the show right now. There are no real good guys, no one for the viewer to really root for.

Seems I was right about Hiro's predicament. Wonder if Arthur will just take his powers or kill him like he did the precog.

(I think Sylar will ultimately kill Arthur)

random. i did not like the last episode at all. it seemed really rushed and some of the character behaviour seemed really different to usual

I had an interesting thought the other day. In some ways, I feel like this is a similar story to the Wizard of Oz. Some of the characters I don't have just yet squared away, but others I do.

The Cowardly Lion: I don't remember his name, but the guy that grows stronger off of other people's fears.
He feels fear himself.

The Tin Man: Mr. Patrelli
He has a cold heart, and his powers seem to reflect that. He takes in people's powers, which are really a reflection of the self they want to be. He takes their emotional "hearts" so to speak.

The Scarecrow: Syler
"If I only had a brain" says it all.

Glenda the Good Witch: Mrs. Patrelli
She sounds harsh, but she is trying to show the world she's a good person.

The Wizard: Suresh
He's trying to prove himself to the world, while hiding behind his monsterous self.

Dorothy: Hiro
He started on a journey to see a better world, and instead he's realizing he probably should have just stayed home.

Who do you think is who?

It didn't add a lot to this week. It was really to explain about how Arthur was alive.
A lot of stuff gets a bit too much of a coincidence. Meredith causing the train crash Clare goes into. HRG starting Sylar off. They don't need to link everything!

We've never seen Sylar use Trevors power have we? Still I look forward to this every week. :cool:

Back