Have a question that needs answering?

BananaMan

As I am doing my masters degree, I like to refresh myself on a regular basis when it comes to my theory and analysis of things relvant to my area of study. So if any of you have any questions about Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilty) or anything else related to those genres, just ask.

Yeah, seriously I am that bored :lol: . Preferably about the gaming industry, but any area of Marketing be it retail or anything else, just ask.

Make them hard, :lol: .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 4 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]123389[/snapback][/center]
As I am doing my masters degree, I like to refresh myself on a regular basis when it comes to my theory and analysis of things relvant to my area of study. So if any of you have any questions about Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilty) or anything else related to those genres, just ask.

Yeah, seriously I am that bored :lol: . Preferably about the gaming industry, but any area of Marketing be it retail or anything else, just ask.

Make them hard, :lol: .
[/b]

Can you accidentally give me a copy of bf:2142? I cant wait for another 2 more weeks. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ColdIce @ Oct 4 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]123390[/snapback][/center]
Can you accidentally give me a copy of bf:2142? I cant wait for another 2 more weeks. <_<
[/b]

Don't work at EA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Oct 4 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]123392[/snapback][/center]
0.99999 = 1

Discuss.
[/b]

Don't be stupid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 4 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]123394[/snapback][/center]
Don't be stupid.
[/b]

You fail.

0.9999 = 1 => talk about caculus and limits :p

Okay, I'll bite.

How can you justify asking customers to pay $600 for a console and then get arrogant (as a company) when folks complain?

:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 4 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]123397[/snapback][/center]
Okay, I'll bite.

How can you justify asking customers to pay $600 for a console and then get arrogant (as a company) when folks complain?

[/b]

A console that has been reported to have overheating issues. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 4 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]123397[/snapback][/center]
Okay, I'll bite.

[/b]

I didn?t really want something related to work, but hey here goes.

Sony can justify the price for many reasons, but I will only outline a few to make my points prevalent. The first main reason for such a hefty price tag is the Hardware inside the console, which is equivalent to twice the speed of the XBOX 360. Secondly we are offering the paying customer a piece of future technology in Blue ray, which is necessary to play next generation games within a tight price bracket. Normally a Blue Ray drive would retail at $400 on its own, so in the overall scheme of things you?re getting a bargin with the games console that?s plays HD games, and the next generation of DVD?s , so it?s a kind of two for 1, but you can?t have one without the other as they both depend on Blue ray.

From my point of view the Playstation 3 is marketed at an audience that appreciates its elegance and quality, and if consumers did their research they would realise the true potential of this new Home Entertainment System.

The second part of the question is quite funny from my point of view, if you as a customer has not done your research about a product, and then complain about it then I would class that as self arrogance or Consumer Ignorance. Sony knows that the Playstation brand is so respected, and oozing in good will that when they launch they will sell every unit. You could say arrogance is a bi product of success, but it is good to be arrogant in a way, it shows that you are willing to stand up for your product, and believe in it.

Just a little dig at Microsoft before I finish, anyone buying the HD DVD drive for the XBOX 360 don?t waste your money its not worth it. The drive connects to the console without HDMI so it?s an analog connection, so therefore you loose quality on sound and image. Also Microsoft has also announced that it will not release any new games which support 1080p i.e. HD, for the XBOX 360 ever.

And obviously Wanderhomies is a very biased group, as you all hate SOE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Oct 4 2006, 10:31 PM) [snapback]123399[/snapback][/center]
A console that has been reported to have overheating issues. :(
[/b]

Don't lay it on its side thats my advice :blush: j/k. I think thats a stupid rumour to be honest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 4 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]123402[/snapback][/center]
I didn?t really want something related to work, but hey here goes.

Sony can justify the price for many reasons, but I will only outline a few to make my points prevalent. The first main reason for such a hefty price tag is the Hardware inside the console, which is equivalent to twice the speed of the XBOX 360. Secondly we are offering the paying customer a piece of future technology in Blue ray, which is necessary to play next generation games within a tight price bracket. Normally a Blue Ray drive would retail at $400 on its own, so in the overall scheme of things you?re getting a bargin with the games console that?s plays HD games, and the next generation of DVD?s , so it?s a kind of two for 1, but you can?t have one without the other as they both depend on Blue ray.

From my point of view the Playstation 3 is marketed at an audience that appreciates its elegance and quality, and if consumers did their research they would realise the true potential of this new Home Entertainment System.

The second part of the question is quite funny from my point of view, if you as a customer has not done your research about a product, and then complain about it then I would class that as self arrogance or Consumer Ignorance. Sony knows that the Playstation brand is so respected, and oozing in good will that when they launch they will sell every unit. You could say arrogance is a bi product of success, but it is good to be arrogant in a way, it shows that you are willing to stand up for your product, and believe in it.

Just a little dig at Microsoft before I finish, anyone buying the HD DVD drive for the XBOX 360 don?t waste your money its not worth it. The drive connects to the console without HDMI so it?s an analog connection, so therefore you loose quality on sound and image. Also Microsoft has also announced that it will not release any new games which support 1080p i.e. HD, for the XBOX 360 ever.

And obviously Wanderhomies is a very biased group, as you all hate SOE.
Don't lay it on its side thats my advice :blush: j/k. I think thats a stupid rumour to be honest.
[/b]
I do hate SOE, but I still want my PS3 :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 4 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]123403[/snapback][/center]
I do hate SOE, but I still want my PS3 :D
[/b]

Well any questions about it PM me :p , Get your Pre order in.

do the controllers still look like batman's little boomerang things? Someone told me they changed em...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Oct 4 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]123408[/snapback][/center]
do the controllers still look like batman's little boomerang things? Someone told me they changed em...
[/b]
They changed them to the original ones. Like the PS2 ones, but they are lighter since they don't have the rumble pack. Or that's what I heard :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 4 2006, 11:20 PM) [snapback]123411[/snapback][/center]
They changed them to the original ones. Like the PS2 ones, but they are lighter since they don't have the rumble pack. Or that's what I heard :p
[/b]

The Dual shock Technology affected the controllers built in slider for flying games.

how convenient. i just got set a group essay task for my marketing module yesterday.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Oct 4 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]123415[/snapback][/center]
how convenient. i just got set a group essay task for my marketing module yesterday.....
[/b]

Hahaha :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 4 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]123405[/snapback][/center]
Well any questions about it PM me :p , Get your Pre order in.
[/b]
Nope, I'll wait for next year. Good games come next year anyway :p

Should I further diversify my portfolio?

j/k :p

In the video game industry, what kind of primary data is used in the marketing process of a video game? What are the typical ways that such data is gathered?

Is your brother really a woman?

Real note... What will be the price of a PS3 a year after its release?

Not that I care though... because Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 4 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]123397[/snapback][/center]
Okay, I'll bite.

How can you justify asking customers to pay $600 for a console [/b]
Because they want to front-end their profit.

You pay the inflated price at a product's launch because you're paying for the research and development of that item. Once they've paid off that cost they can lower the prices and still make a large profit, since the price is much more than the production costs.

Back