FFXII

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rapture @ Nov 22 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]134308[/snapback][/center]
This game was probably the worst Final Fantasy yet (story wise at least). Lemme find my review I made somewhere..

The game just flew by me. The plot is way too linear, nothing even special happens until near the end, and a lot of things are too predictable. This game has probably the worst story lines of any Final Fantasy I have ever played haha. The characters are borderline terrible, this is actually the first FF where the main character doesn't help the plot at all, but rather provide optimism to the group. I was waiting and waiting for something big to become of him... but nay, huge dissappointment. Probably the only things I loved about the game were 1. Balthier (witty pirate), 2. Penelo (cute town gal), and 3. The ending.

What made me happy about the ending was that Nobuo Uematsu (who does all of the FF's music scores) did the ending music, but however did no other portion of the game's music. The ending's music combined with the overall outcome really brought a smile to my face (there was even a point where I almost cried... ALMOST).

I guess I'm supposed to give it a rating or something:

7.8/10. Not my favorite FF but I liked it better than 10 at least

I also finished the game at level 60 I think with random store bought crap, I didn't even know I finished the game until I was AT the end haha. The sidequests just didn't seem worth it after beating the game so I just stopped playing it and let a friend borrow it. I really feel like I should've rented it, damn me for beign an avid FF fan :(
[/b]
Did ya get Altima?

very good game, story was a bit lacking, no real points that left me in awe. you feel no real attachment to any of the characters however i am a balthier fan <333. i agree with rapture that the storyline was very linear however i feel the mass amount of sidequests and optional material makes up for that since alot of it can have direct tie ins to places people and events that happen throughout the story. other then that it doesnt get much better graphical, music and gameplay wise, im roughly level 82 and been stuck at the last few hunts and special encounters but ive already dropped 80+ hours in this game so im taking a break and might finish up loose ends another day. bottom line this game is good if you like dungeon crawlers and side quests. 8.5/10 for the lack of a better storyline.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skeith @ Nov 24 2006, 07:28 AM) [snapback]134563[/snapback][/center]
very good game, story was a bit lacking, no real points that left me in awe. you feel no real attachment to any of the characters however i am a balthier fan <333. i agree with rapture that the storyline was very linear however i feel the mass amount of sidequests and optional material makes up for that since alot of it can have direct tie ins to places people and events that happen throughout the story. other then that it doesnt get much better graphical, music and gameplay wise, im roughly level 82 and been stuck at the last few hunts and special encounters but ive already dropped 80+ hours in this game so im taking a break and might finish up loose ends another day. bottom line this game is good if you like dungeon crawlers and side quests. 8.5/10 for the lack of a better storyline.
[/b]

Same rating id give it, 8.5. Worst main character in all the FF serious, no depth whatsoever. The game play + side quest make up for it though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 24 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]134601[/snapback][/center]
No memorable characters then. Like Terra :D or Locke :D or Mog :D
[/b]

Quote of the day <3

FF6 forever.

And with the sidequests thing, I didn't see much of a point. The game didn't pull me in at all to motivate me enough (which is rare, because every other FF I've basically completed 100%).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rapture @ Nov 24 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]134659[/snapback][/center]
Quote of the day <3

FF6 forever.

And with the sidequests thing, I didn't see much of a point. The game didn't pull me in at all to motivate me enough (which is rare, because every other FF I've basically completed 100%).
[/b]
Because it had a compelling storyline. The four legendary heroes. The chronicles of the crystals. An unknown world. The masterless knight. The job opportunities. The product of a forbidden love. The mako affected boy. The introverted leader. The small thief. The summoner bound by duty. The singer's dream. The hidden hero.

*giggle* Guess which is which now...

Back