FFXII

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]134028[/snapback][/center]
Wait....motes?
[/b]
Motes are like spells scrolls, you can use a magic spell once. It doesn't matter if you have the license for that spell or not. They are really useful. Use them before you waste your MP on bosses.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 20 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]134034[/snapback][/center]
Motes are like spells scrolls, you can use a magic spell once. It doesn't matter if you have the license for that spell or not. They are really useful. Use them before you waste your MP on bosses.
[/b]

Ah, got it. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]134036[/snapback][/center]
Ah, got it. Thanks.
[/b]
Is more useful once you have the Mists and Summons :p

If you can, Steal stuff from every enemy you encounter. You get rich faster and might get really wicke items from unexpected foes. *giggle*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 20 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]134038[/snapback][/center]
Is more useful once you have the Mists and Summons :p

If you can, Steal stuff from every enemy you encounter. You get rich faster and might get really wicke items from unexpected foes. *giggle*
[/b]

I have been trying that (the stealing part), I never succeed. My guy is probably still too low level. Will spend some time leveling and stuff soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]134040[/snapback][/center]
I have been trying that (the stealing part), I never succeed. My guy is probably still too low level. Will spend some time leveling and stuff soon.
[/b]
Sometimes I have 2 people stealing while one heals :p If they are weaker enemies, just do a chain and you will get an item without stealing :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 20 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]134042[/snapback][/center]
Sometimes I have 2 people stealing while one heals :p If they are weaker enemies, just do a chain and you will get an item without stealing :p
[/b]

<---- before having chains working

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 11:20 PM) [snapback]134069[/snapback][/center]
<---- before having chains working
[/b]

You can chain at really low levels :p

Just kill two things in a row and you get a chain :)

There's one area you can have like 30 chains!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Nov 21 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]134113[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

I need to kill them within a certain amount of time, correct?

Is there so sort of bar or gauge that let's me know how long I have left on a chain or whatever?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 21 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]134116[/snapback][/center]
I need to kill them within a certain amount of time, correct?

Is there so sort of bar or gauge that let's me know how long I have left on a chain or whatever?
[/b]

Nope. You just have to kill two things in a row.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Nov 21 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]134118[/snapback][/center]
Nope. You just have to kill two things in a row.
[/b]

So when and how does the chain reset? Cause I would kill like 5 or 6 creatures all in the same area one after another and I have only seen up to 3 chains.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 21 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]134122[/snapback][/center]
So when and how does the chain reset? Cause I would kill like 5 or 6 creatures all in the same area one after another and I have only seen up to 3 chains.
[/b]

they have to be the same creature.

It resets when you kill a different creature type.

So you kill 5 wolves in a row you get five chains. If you kill 2 wolves then a cactoid - only one chain.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Nov 21 2006, 06:39 AM) [snapback]134113[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Yeah, yeah, I've gotten 392 chains *giggle*

Killing skeletons

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Nov 21 2006, 08:23 AM) [snapback]134124[/snapback][/center]
Oh NOES! CACtoids!

o_O
[/b]
Cactoids are kyoot. ^_^

Yeah Skeletons are nice. And I'll be going back there to get more xp cuz I'm not ready for that one hunting ground thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 21 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]134134[/snapback][/center]
Yeah, yeah, I've gotten 392 chains *giggle*

Killing skeletons
Cactoids are kyoot. ^_^
[/b]

Okay, now I get it, but what do more chains get you? Do critters drop better items or more XP/LP with higher chains, or does it matter at all?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 21 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]134144[/snapback][/center]
Okay, now I get it, but what do more chains get you? Do critters drop better items or more XP/LP with higher chains, or does it matter at all?
[/b]
I think the best thing you can get is at chain #60 and is a HP fill instant item. Your HP goes to full. Most give you generative things. Some give you regen for a few seconds, others money, and others items. The items that you can steal. Stealing and poaching are the best, but can also get them by chains when they are lower level than you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 21 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]134148[/snapback][/center]
I think the best thing you can get is at chain #60 and is a HP fill instant item. Your HP goes to full. Most give you generative things. Some give you regen for a few seconds, others money, and others items. The items that you can steal. Stealing and poaching are the best, but can also get them by chains when they are lower level than you.
[/b]

OOOOOO Chain 60 here i come!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Nov 21 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]134149[/snapback][/center]
OOOOOO Chain 60 here i come!
[/b]
The ones after 60 are just for record purposes. And bragging rights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]134022[/snapback][/center]
I think it is say to safe to keep those. When the item says "you hear mystic shit" or something like that, usually you want to hold on to it, normally means it is used to build/conjure something better later.
[/b]

Ive been selling everything in the LOOT column (except for port stones). The more loot you sell the better the bazaar items you can buy :)

Some of the best weapons in the game can only be bought from the bazaar (with the right combination of loot you sell).

Also if you see any grimoire's up on the bazaar, buy them. They may seem costly at first, but they are very helpful in the long run.

This game was probably the worst Final Fantasy yet (story wise at least). Lemme find my review I made somewhere..

The game just flew by me. The plot is way too linear, nothing even special happens until near the end, and a lot of things are too predictable. This game has probably the worst story lines of any Final Fantasy I have ever played haha. The characters are borderline terrible, this is actually the first FF where the main character doesn't help the plot at all, but rather provide optimism to the group. I was waiting and waiting for something big to become of him... but nay, huge dissappointment. Probably the only things I loved about the game were 1. Balthier (witty pirate), 2. Penelo (cute town gal), and 3. The ending.

What made me happy about the ending was that Nobuo Uematsu (who does all of the FF's music scores) did the ending music, but however did no other portion of the game's music. The ending's music combined with the overall outcome really brought a smile to my face (there was even a point where I almost cried... ALMOST).

I guess I'm supposed to give it a rating or something:

7.8/10. Not my favorite FF but I liked it better than 10 at least

I also finished the game at level 60 I think with random store bought crap, I didn't even know I finished the game until I was AT the end haha. The sidequests just didn't seem worth it after beating the game so I just stopped playing it and let a friend borrow it. I really feel like I should've rented it, damn me for beign an avid FF fan :(

Back