E3's Looking Good

BananaMan

Sony:

- Gained Haze as Exclusive
- Gained Unreal Tournament 3 as exclusive
- Hideo Kojima confirming MGS4 for PS3
- Killzone 2 trailer blowing everything at E3 out of the water and looks like the CGI that was at E3 2005
- Showed comprehensive PS Home service
- New and better PSP
- NCSoft Exclusive Linkup

Microsoft:

- Lost It's most important franchise Gears of War
- Assasin's creed freezing on the Xbox360 system
- Talked more about Windows PC then Xbox360
- Special Edition Xbox360 flopped hard
- No new announcement of Rare games
- Halo 3 looks nothing like the Target CGI that was released from past trailers

Nintendo:

- Well they lost their minds, the Wii is an excercise machine now
- Metroid Prime 3 was pretty cool

Last edited:
Sony:

- Gained Haze as Exclusive
- Gained Unreal Tournament 3 as exclusive
- Hideo Kojima confirming MGS4 for PS3
- Killzone 2 trailer blowing everything at E3 out of the water and looks like the CGI that was at E3 2005
- Showed comprehensive PS Home service
- New and better PSP
- NCSoft Exclusive Linkup

Microsoft:

- Lost It's most important franchise Gears of War
- Assasin's creed freezing on the Xbox360 system
- Talked more about Windows PC then Xbox360
- Special Edition Xbox360 flopped hard
- No new announcement of Rare games
- Halo 3 looks nothing like the Target CGI that was released from past trailers

Nintendo:

- Well they lost their minds, the Wii is an excercise machine now
- Metroid Prime 3 was pretty cool

That wasn't completely biased towards Sony at all.

Can someone please post an unbiased account about what has been announced for Wii 'cause I don't feel like looking through all the news and I don't trust Banana. :p

How'd they lose GoW? By announcing that they're releasing it for the PC?
Hehe yeah. I never understood why they'd keep things exclusive on 360 when they could be putting them on both 360 and also "Games for Windows exclusively for Vista only" at the same time to help sales for Vista. It's not competition when they are both your platform.

Anyway, even your recap of PS3's announcements kind of sucks. All I see is MGS4, some lame social networking thing, and a bunch of FPS's that I have no desire to ever play unless it's on a PC (When will people learn that FPS's suck big giant elephant balls on consoles without keyboard + mouse controls!? :p)

Anyway, even your recap of PS3's announcements kind of sucks. All I see is MGS4, some lame social networking thing, and a bunch of FPS's that I have no desire to ever play unless it's on a PC (When will people learn that FPS's suck big giant elephant balls on consoles without keyboard + mouse controls!? :p)

10 year product life cycle!

By the way if anyone wants to check out the "leaked" press site for nintendo at E3
press.nintendo.com/E32007/
username: golin
password: harris

Eh... the gun thing might be cool. But I thought they already had steering wheel attachment thingies bundled with Excite racing and nobody cared about them then. Ehhh for the excercising pad too.

I haven't really seen any kind of new announcements of super big "GTA or Zelda caliber games" for either of the 3 systems except for games that were already known about. Hopefully something big will drop on the other days.

As taken from http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=417

Nintendo E3 Conference Summary
  • - The show begins with a summary of sales statistics from Reggie Fils-Aims. Chief among them are stats of an expanding demographic. Wii sales are stronger amongst women and older gamers than among the consoles concentrating on the traditional 6-24 male demographic. DS now accounts for 25% of all hardware sales in the USA. Reggie notes Wii will pass Xbox 360 in worldwide sales very soon.
  • - The sales trends of the DS and Wii suggest neither are fads, says Reggie but Nintendo ‘would do the same thing' in labeling both systems fads as rivals have.
  • - 100 more Wii games are coming in 2007 (does not include Virtual Console games). 140 more DS games are coming in 2007.
  • - Wii zapper introduced for games like Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. It has the look of a shot gun, formed by proper placement of the Nunchuck and Wii remote in what seems to be plastic framework. The Zapper will be released for $20 and includes software from Nintendo to show off the potential of the device.
  • - American Release Dates: Smash Brothers Brawl - December 3, 2007. Super Mario Galaxy - November 12, 2007. In a separate release these dates were also confirmed - Donkey Kong(R) Barrel Blast (Oct. 8), Battalion Wars(TM) 2 (Oct. 2), Endless Ocean - formerly Forever Blue (Oct. 29) and Fire Emblem (Nov. 5).
  • - Online emphasis is mentioned specifically for: Medal of Honor - which allows up to 32 players, Dragon Quest, DS stats, Virtual Console Stats, Mario Strikers, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Madden, Fifa, and Guitar Hero III.
  • - Coming Soon: Check Mii Out, Wii Ware, Mario Kart (Online) Wii. The last three are scheduled for 2008. A Wii steering wheel will be included with Mario Kart.
  • - Iwata talks about the challenges of attracting new gamers by removing the entry barriers without removing the challenge and rewards of gaming.
  • - Wii Fit is officially announced. The game will have yoga, muscle training, balance, and body mass index tracking, in 40 game types. Included with game will be the Wii Board, which wirelessly transmits data about the mass atop the board (including balance and spread of balance, i.e. posture). The audience receives it well.
  • - The highlights of the event (judging by audience reaction) are video of Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Wii Fit.
  • - More information can be found at: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=500&id=4122, http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803335p1.html .
As of now, the only game announcement for Wii that we didn't know about already is Wii Fit (basically Wii Sports but for exercise)

Sony E3 Conference Summary
  • - Sleeker PSP announced for $199. The device includes a Daxter game and a Family Guy movie.
  • - New Home features are unveiled. For instance, one such feature is that any game can be launched from Home.
  • - PSP game montage - over 140 games coming in the rest of 2007. The new PSP can interact with PCs, as well as TVs and PS3.
  • - Crush like game Echo Chrome revealed for PSP.
  • - Singstar and sports games were featured for more casual audiences.
  • - PS3 and PSP sales are up significantly since the price drops.
  • - Unreal Tournament 3 is exclusive to PS3 this year. Additionally, the game will allow PS3 owners to play on mod levels created on the PC side of the game.
  • - A big montage of PS3 games for 2007 is shown.
  • - Kojima, of Metal Gear fame, arrives. A new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer is shown. The game is "exclusively" for PS3...in early 2008 (likely by March). Graphically, the game is beyond any console game at the show, and the footage is in game according to Kojima. Kojima also notes he will not be making any new Metal Gear Solid games after this - so all the secrets of the franchise will be revealed in the game.
  • - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue coming soon with an online mode.
  • - The conference also saw a Killzone 2 trailer.
  • - Heavenly Sword, Folklore and more Japanese oriented games were only briefly mentioned at the show.
  • - The most hyped games (judging from crowd reactions) were Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Infamous, Haze and a few others.
  • - Little Big Planet was noted to be an ‘evolving' game, meaning that the world will see improvements after the game is released.
  • - Aside from the strange humor of the presenters, the conference went pretty well, completely offsetting the debacle that was Sony's E3 2006 conference.
  • - For more information check out: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803400p1.html, and http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=600&id=4138.

Microsoft did not lose GoW at all, what are you talking about? Sony did have a very impressive line up, I won't lie. Microsoft is looking good they didn't need to announce anything in the future, they are going to rape this holiday season. Nintendo was terrible... WiiFit? give me a fucking break. Lets get some more real games please. The Zapper was cool but the wheel was a joke, who the fuck wants to play Mario Kart with a wheel? Honestly though, your facts are bullshit.
Microsoft:

- Lost It's most important franchise Gears of War No, they did not.
- Assasin's creed freezing on the Xbox360 system It was a minor glitch, and obviously they were the most confident about showing it on the 360
- Talked more about Windows PC then Xbox360 They talked about PC for maybe 10-15 mins
- Special Edition Xbox360 flopped hard Yes, indeed it did
- No new announcement of Rare games Does anyone want more rare games? After Perfect Dark Zero...
- Halo 3 looks nothing like the Target CGI that was released from past trailers Agreed.

Last edited:
Microsoft did not lose GoW at all, what are you talking about? Sony did have a very impressive line up, I won't lie. Microsoft is looking good they didn't need to announce anything in the future, they are going to rape this holiday season. Nintendo was terrible... WiiFit? give me a fucking break. Lets get some more real games please. The Zapper was cool but the wheel was a joke, who the fuck wants to play Mario Kart with a wheel? Honestly though, your facts are bullshit.
Microsoft:

- Lost It's most important franchise Gears of War No, they did not.
- Assasin's creed freezing on the Xbox360 system It was a minor glitch, and obviously they were the most confident about showing it on the 360
- Talked more about Windows PC then Xbox360 They talked about PC for maybe 10-15 mins
- Special Edition Xbox360 flopped hard Yes, indeed it did
- No new announcement of Rare games Does anyone want more rare games? After Perfect Dark Zero...
- Halo 3 looks nothing like the Target CGI that was released from past trailers Agreed.

Better watch out talking to Bananaman like that, he'll come quote your post and say how much your knowledge of the gaming industry is to the size of your penis.

Assassins Creed looked fucking amazing, and yeah, few bugs, but easily fixable.

No matter what, 360 will come out doing good, as always. They haven't needed a price drop yet. ;)

Better watch out talking to Bananaman like that, he'll come quote your post and say how much your knowledge of the gaming industry is to the size of your penis.

Assassins Creed looked fucking amazing, and yeah, few bugs, but easily fixable.

No matter what, 360 will come out doing good, as always. They haven't needed a price drop yet. ;)

I'm not worried then. Also, how hot is Jade Raymond?

Back