• $100+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not plan on donating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
The one year anniversary of the site is coming up, and here is what I have in mind. The one year also means the contract expiration of my web hosting.
  • I would like to switch over to dedicated web hosting (meaning, almost no site downtimes, no timeouts, no SQL errors cause of too many connections, and much faster speeds for site AND chat feature).
  • Get rid of MKPortal and use a newer, less cluttered, prettier, and simpler Portal/CMS system.
  • Upgrade to IPB 2.2 and get a full license
Of course, all this will cost money. It will cost about $450 yearly (the dedicated hosting makes up about half the cost). My question is if you will be willing to help me out with the costs? AKA donations to the site. People have been saying this for the past year but I've sort of refused. But with $450 a year, it's going to be a little more difficult on me, and I'd appreciate a little help.

If you feel that none of these upgrades are necessary, please say so in this thread :)

Thanks,
Stavrose

I think the site is fine for what it is used for. I really think doing what you planned is a little over kill, but that's just me.

I'm also shit broke, and since I don't have anymore WoW characters to sell, I'm kind of in a tight budget. :(

You cheap @ss m0therfuck3rs.. Godforbid you help out with 5$ after being on here for over a year posting almost everyday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sranlisian @ Sep 23 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]119808[/snapback][/center]
I don't see a need to switch, but if you did I'd chip in a small amount
[/b]

I agree, don't need to switch, but if you do swich I would fall in the $21 - $50 range. I really appreciate what Stav is doing, but I also don't want him to kill himself over this place either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 23 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]119828[/snapback][/center]
You cheap @ss m0therfuck3rs.. Godforbid you help out with 5$ after being on here for over a year posting almost everyday.
[/b]
OMG Flame bait

/report

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 23 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]119828[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

when you pay my bills you can tell me where I put my money.

Stav, I love the site, but it's not gonna happen for me.

you might want to consider merchandising tho' - I bet people would buy Wanderhomie's T-Shirts or caps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 23 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]119891[/snapback][/center]

you might want to consider merchandising tho' - I bet people would buy Wanderhomie's T-Shirts or caps.
[/b]
I would totally flip if I ever ran into someone wearing a Wanderhomie t-shirt. That's a sweeeeeeet idea

Google ads could bring in some spare change. It wouldn't hurt putting it on the righthand side, it's not like it would kill anyone :p

no way to google ads. no way in hell i'd ever put my SS number over the internet. there's no right or wrong answer. I'm not going to be "bummed out." If most people say no, that means less work and headaches for me. if most people say yes, then i consider it. thats all. Just wanted opinions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 23 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]119891[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
unless I said "Tiv you are a cheap ass motherfucker" stop taking posts PERSONALLY m'kay? All you people sit here day after day getting free entertainment, I am sorry but 5$ for a YEAR of entertainment isn't a lot for him to ask.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 23 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]119918[/snapback][/center]
unless I said "Tiv you are a cheap ass motherfucker" stop taking posts PERSONALLY m'kay? All you people sit here day after day getting free entertainment, I am sorry but 5$ for a YEAR of entertainment isn't a lot for him to ask.
[/b]

Here's some flame-bait.

Drag your bloated ass into the street and get hit by a dump-truck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Sep 24 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]120055[/snapback][/center]
Here's some flame-bait.

Drag your bloated ass into the street and get hit by a dump-truck.
[/b]
Go slit yours wrists you cheap ass emo wanna be

Back