Champions League Final

Champions League Final

• Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barcelona

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ May 2 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]75812[/snapback][/center]
Vote Now
[/b]

Voted Arsenal only because they won 3-0 yesterday. :lol:

So, do we expect Arsenal to shoot for a third 0-0 game in the second leg?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 2 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]75830[/snapback][/center]
Voted Arsenal only because they won 3-0 yesterday. :lol:

So, do we expect Arsenal to shoot for a third 0-0 game in the second leg?
[/b]
the 3-0 was vs Sunderland the worse team in football history
but vs Barca its just a 1 off game

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ May 2 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]75837[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

sunderland > you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ May 2 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]75837[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Eh?

:lol:

I saw that the Arse was playing and just assumed it was the Finals...so, what they play just some random game before playing the final on the 17th?

Fuck me, the Arse plays two more games before their final against Barcelona...why?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/results?...on=2005&cc=5901

lol you cant say sunderland the worst team in the world really, its in relative terms. 3 years back we were in 40mil of debt and going into administration proceedings (as in about to disband) when super mick decided to take the job as manager. Immediately he sold 3 of our good players and got some free signings from youngsters localy.

Te next season he made more massive changes to the team (with hardly any budget) and we finished 3rd in 1st division but lost in the playoffs on penalties. hard lines, but mick not wanting to give up managed to get us promoted by default finishing 2nd in the table.

Now at this point, going into the premiership most magers would like to take on at least 3 or 4 quality players with highend experience. not with sunderland, mick had to sell 4 of our players including our keeper poom :/ who had a beer named after him in sunderland he was that popular.

so not suprisingly we sucked in the premiership, we had an average team age of 20. To appease the fans dissapointment the chairman fired mick who in my opinion brought the club back to the premiership when it was looking like being closed down for good.

so no you cant call them the worst team in the world...they have done alright considering :)

Worst team in premiership history, Fact :p

Fhuzzy you need to learn a little bit about european football. Champions league is the biggest club cup there is but we also play in the premiership which is a national league which we beat sunderland 3-0 yesterday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ May 2 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]75849[/snapback][/center]
Worst team in premiership history, Fact :p

Fhuzzy you need to learn a little bit about european football. Champions league is the biggest club cup there is but we also play in the premiership which is a national league which we beat sunderland 3-0 yesterday.
[/b]

Fhuzzy != Fluffy. I'm fluffy.

Right, I understand the difference between club play and league play, I just didn't know that you played both at the same time.

league match goes on all through autumn/winter/spring and if the team has cup matches they have to play them. middlesborough had 3 cup tournamanrts and had to play league matches on top of that. on one occassion they had 4 matches in one week lol.

i really want arsenal to win but im nto sure they are going to be able to handle ronny to be honest. i think itll be a tight game and probably end up going into extra time but i think barca will just edge it because of their squad size and lack of injuries compared with arse

im going to be gutted for tottenham if arsenal win and spurs finish in 4th though. they deserve their chance at the champions league and i know tluassa wont care as he will hate spurs but it WILL be unfair as far as i am concerned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ May 2 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]75871[/snapback][/center]
league match goes on all through autumn/winter/spring and if the team has cup matches they have to play them. middlesborough had 3 cup tournamanrts and had to play league matches on top of that. on one occassion they had 4 matches in one week lol.
[/b]

No shit...that's insane.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ May 2 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]75879[/snapback][/center]
i really want arsenal to win but im nto sure they are going to be able to handle ronny to be honest. i think itll be a tight game and probably end up going into extra time but i think barca will just edge it because of their squad size and lack of injuries compared with arse

im going to be gutted for tottenham if arsenal win and spurs finish in 4th though. they deserve their chance at the champions league and i know tluassa wont care as he will hate spurs but it WILL be unfair as far as i am concerned
[/b]

Oh and Barcelona is listed as a moderate favorite on the Vegas lines...draw being even money essentially, and the Arse to win as a good sized underdog.

Okay, just for T, I have been trying to read up before the game...found some fun articles to read about the final, liked this one:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...=366404&cc=5901

My question is, is there only one game for the final? Meaning, there is no 2nd leg like the quaters and semis?

Considering mini-camps will only be just starting for real football (;)), and the only sport that will be on during the afternoon that Wednesday is baseball, I might actually catch the game :eek:

yep its a one off encounter at a neutral stadium that is decided before the competition that year actually starts (so technically you could get a side playing on their home ground if they got to the final but this hardly ever happens)

Yeah i fly to paris on the wednesday of the game morning, got a seat 20 rows from the front.

Could be the best final ever, best footballing sides there are. Cant wait.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ May 4 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]76217[/snapback][/center]
Yeah i fly to paris on the wednesday of the game morning, got a seat 20 rows from the front.

Could be the best final ever, 2 out of the 3 best footballing sides there are (the other being leeds). Cant wait. [/b]

fixed :D

it wasnt a gamble at all. it was financial suicide some of the stuff ridsdale did - the stupid bastard

the players for me were the main people to blame though. there is no way that squad in a million years should have gone down had they played even to half their potential. overpaid pricks - if i were getting paid that much for anything i was doing then id be pouring my heart and soul into it and they looked like they couldnt be arsed week in week out

Very true, champions league semi final to 1st division is a disgrace and you can only blame the players.

debatable but i know that rio has never played as consistently well at man united as he did at leeds. he seems like a totally different player now

its probably that ?80k a week or whatever he gets no matter how he performs

Back