Cant fill the void

Stomis

I know I wasnt very well know pre CU. Hell I wasnt very well knows post CU. But has anyone found that they cant fill that void of entertainment that Pre CU gave them or even post CU SWG?
I keep trying all these games and some are good. Some are great but I feel like nothing I have played since Pre CU has met my MMOG standards. Does anyone else feel like the original SWG set the bar so high they cant find anything else? Or anyone feel that way and finally find something? TELL ME! I'm ready to reactivate my account to start Pre-CU petitions again...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Jan 9 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]24315[/snapback][/center]
I know I wasnt very well know pre CU. Hell I wasnt very well knows post CU. But has anyone found that they cant fill that void of entertainment that Pre CU gave them or even post CU SWG?
I keep trying all these games and some are good. Some are great but I feel like nothing I have played since Pre CU has met my MMOG standards. Does anyone else feel like the original SWG set the bar so high they cant find anything else? Or anyone feel that way and finally find something? TELL ME! I'm ready to reactivate my account to start Pre-CU petitions again...
[/b]
I feel the same way. When I look at new games I'm hoping to find something as good as pre-CU SWG, and I keep getting disappointed.

I remember getting into WoW beta thinking it would be the shit.....a month later I was like ummmm....ok? Ended up giving the account away to a friend. Bought the game when it went live anyways only to sit there going ok ummmmm.....ok?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 10 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]24328[/snapback][/center]
I remember getting into WoW beta thinking it would be the shit.....a month later I was like ummmm....ok? Ended up giving the account away to a friend. Bought the game when it went live anyways only to sit there going ok ummmmm.....ok?
[/b]
Ha. Stupid wow so very stupid. I have a friend that comes up to me and goes dude I sold soemthing for 100gold! And I'm like I DONT EVEN KNOW WTF THAT MEANS! Yet he still tells me. Moron WoW players...

Pre-CU SWG for game of the decade award

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Jan 9 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]24332[/snapback][/center]
Ha. Stupid wow so very stupid. I have a friend that comes up to me and goes dude I sold soemthing for 100gold! And I'm like I DONT EVEN KNOW WTF THAT MEANS! Yet he still tells me. Moron WoW players...

Pre-CU SWG for game of the decade award
[/b]
Game of the decade? Nah...

But for me, for what I like, it was certainly the best thing out there...

I had more fun in Pre-CU SWG then any game I've played. I played it hours on end and just couldn't get enough.

I'm experiencing the same thing, there was something about pre cu swg that no other game has. That's what made the game unique, fun, and worth while.

That is cause your age is above your shoe size. They just don't make mature online games. Just 8 year old no attention span intant gratification games.

Same thing for both Pre and Post CU. Post CU had some good and bad changes but nothing near as bad as NGE.

i had never played a MMO game till SWG- i started playing a month or so after the CU, and i have to say that it really drew me in. i've never had anywhere near as much fun as i did playing my characters- just the depth with which you could customize them in almost any aspect. it was really cool to see a game like that where i could play whatever i wanted, and do whatever i wanted. i miss it.

/sniffle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Jan 10 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]24431[/snapback][/center]
i had never played a MMO game till SWG- i started playing a month or so after the CU, and i have to say that it really drew me in. i've never had anywhere near as much fun as i did playing my characters- just the depth with which you could customize them in almost any aspect. it was really cool to see a game like that where i could play whatever i wanted, and do whatever i wanted. i miss it.

/sniffle
[/b]

Couldn't agree more i started just ove a year ago pre-CU i just got the hang of it the cu hit. I loved the depth of my main character, now she is just the same as another high level jedi except for the roleplay histry which is what WE create not the devs. Not that thats bad or anything but like in the poll forum I enjoyed the hybrid combat class As a tailor/TKM i was self suffiient in my business and got to fight things and when i didn't feel like fighting i could craft and fill my store fronts alot more fun than sitting in, what did you guys call it?....oh yeah noob eisley listening to the 13 and 14 year olds saying let me see your light saber (duel me moron) or you are hot! (*sigh*) funny when i sit in the cantina with rankin i people watch and i think of kill bill when uma therman grabs one of the crazy 88 and spanks him on the ass and saysgo home to your mommie! *sigh* wish i could do that to the upper management of SOE/LA after all devs only do what they are told (stupid tp reports) or some of the tools that walk in there. Hmm I got a new idea for a thread :)

which is what WE create not the devs[/b]
i've had a lot of fun since the NGE- don't get me wrong. Me and a few old friends started a new guild and city in Talus and everything is strictly rolplay. We're only using the game as a medium to get together and roleplay now, and we've been having a blast so far.

Now for my shameless plug- if this sounds interesting to any of you, feel free to click the link in my sig and check out our forums for more info- we're always looking to expand, or just get together to RP with others.

I came because it was Star Wars, I stayed because it was unlike every other MMORPG, hell any RPG, out there.

-Mix and match professions
-No stupid leveling
-More than one way to make cash
-Don't have to fight to have fun
-Social outlets were huge
-Complexity of game drove a mature demographic

Yeah, no other fucking game had that. Miss my wookiee.....

I know with the next couple of updates for COH/COV
We are going to get houses
We are going to get crafting
We are going to get underwater missions
We are going to get space missions

I really like this game and I did not think I would but it is not bad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrewPA @ Jan 11 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]24481[/snapback][/center]
I know with the next couple of updates for COH/COV
We are going to get houses
We are going to get crafting
We are going to get underwater missions
We are going to get space missions

I really like this game and I did not think I would but it is not bad.
[/b]

Seriously? That would be friggin sweet.

no the Cu sucked you only liked it because you killed jedi with |-|4xx! ok the cu wasnt so bad but it would have been better if they had fixed krayts before hand so I could have atleast been up to par with the rest of the jedi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 10 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]24586[/snapback][/center]
no the Cu sucked you only liked it because you killed jedi with |-|4xx! ok the cu wasnt so bad but it would have been better if they had fixed krayts before hand so I could have atleast been up to par with the rest of the jedi
[/b]

But.... even if they had... you never would have been *snicker* /tease curse :p

Back