Bump Thread!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Jul 1 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]91488[/snapback][/center]
hej everyone!!!!

Rankin...isn't the TdF all messed up with a huge doping scandal now?

Lost is driving me crazy...!!!!

so is the New jedi Order books...I am so loathing James Lucerno's writing style.

oh yeah and
BUMP
[/b]
This year, as you can imagine after Armstrong's retirement, was anybody's guess really. Two names had risen to the top as favorites: Jan Ullrich (hereafter known as Fat Bastard) - a former winner in '97, and Ivan Basso - the rising Italian star who won Italy's "grand tour" (the Giro d'Italia) this spring. Both of these guys were 'taken out' by Operacion Puerto, the ginormous doping investigation by the Spanish police. All kinds of rumors surround that investigation; basically that there's a 50+ name list of Shit You Don't Wanna Know about riders in the pro peloton.

"Taken out" in quotes, cause its just names on a list at this point. In an effort to protect the rest of their riders from the jackbooted thuggery of hotel-raids by police during the race, the team directors met and collectively decided to pull the named riders from their active teams before the Tour started. Names on a list, no court action. I have no doubt a significant percentage of those named will have a hard time dodging actual suspensions by the sport's governing bodies. That said, I'm just not sure I really buy the whole list. Sure, its easy to say "oh, THOSE guys..." for a bunch of names you've never heard of. You're not invested in them. You find it harder to believe for the guys that have some name-recognition. They should know better, etc.

What will happen in the end? Whoever's guilty will serve their suspensions. Whoever's innocent....? Gets the shaft after having pulled out of the race. So the bigs lose a year. Basso can probably afford it and still maintain hope of winning in the future. Fat Bastard? He's getting on in years for a pro cyclist. Time will tell, I guess.

What'll happen to the race? Well... Armstrong's still retired. Picking a favorite out of who's left becomes even more hard. Should be an exciting three weeks trying to suss it all out.

/bump for being a bike geek

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Damilkman @ Jul 2 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]91698[/snapback][/center]
ahhhh, how do you like it?
[/b]
Well I was born here and been here every since. :lol:
But it is very limiting on opportunites and stuff. We get everything after you yanks. TV, merchandise, all sorts of cool stuff.
Still someday I will take a trip abroad. B)

Long weekend bump! :pompom:

Back