Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCW

• CZW

• other, ncaa, byw blah blah soo many :p

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ May 29 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]82390[/snapback][/center]
I think you guys need to put that great US intellect to work and come up with some more stereotypes...seriously lol
[/b]

i dont get that stereotype anyway, considering most people have a private dentist which you dont have to pay for anything until you 18. I had 2 braces for my teeth, had some teeth i got knocked out in rugby replaced and about 30 checkups and never had to pay a penny.

yeah i never got the teeth thing either to be fair........i could start going on about how all americans are fat but i wont :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ May 28 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]82298[/snapback][/center]
Well it might just me but id rather watch some1 get piledriven through a table from a 5 foot drop which is totally fake lolz...than watch 2 men play with each other for 5 minutes .. crawling about just to watch them get the fight stopped because some1 tapped out from a submission move that you can hardly see.. i dont find that as exciting.. but hey thats just me :huh:

Like isi said its sports entertainment...but only ignorant people call it fake.
[/b]

Exactly, wrestling is sport entertainment, and UFC/Pride (getting more into Pride, thanks Edhina) is an actual sport. That's the major difference, if you get your kicks out of watching the male versions of General Hospitial, that's great, I much prefer to watch a real sport. Thanks.

P.S. American fans? Yeah, cause whenever the WWF did a show over in Europe, the fans their acted soooooooo much more differently than American fans who go to these events do. Right, my bad.

P.P.S. If you actually think that the UFC is all 'gayed' out now with grappling, then you really didn't watch the first UFCs then.

BTW I said ECW. Right after I got hitched, I sat at night with my husband in my parent's house watching ECW...I got hooked.

Sad to say that it is no longer near as cool as it was. I never watch wrestling anymore.

Edited myself for being an idiot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 30 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]82495[/snapback][/center]
Exactly, wrestling is sport entertainment, and UFC/Pride (getting more into Pride, thanks Edhina) is an actual sport. That's the major difference, if you get your kicks out of watching the male versions of General Hospitial, that's great, I much prefer to watch a real sport. Thanks.
P.S. American fans? Yeah, cause whenever the WWF did a show over in Europe, the fans their acted soooooooo much more differently than American fans who go to these events do. Right, my bad.

P.P.S. If you actually think that the UFC is all 'gayed' out now with grappling, then you really didn't watch the first UFCs then.
[/b]

There are things i liked about the old UFC compared to the new UFC.. its alot more controlled now for example the ref can stop the fight. If it wasnt for the changes i doubt that ufc wold still be on tv because it wouldnt be allowed. UFC is classed as a real sport but so is curling lol so that doesnt mean anything to me. I aint gonna sit there and go..

"this is shite but its a real sport so ill feel like a man for watching it" :huh:

Only thing i enjoy about UFC is the takedowns and the knockouts and that all depends on whos fighting.. but the main style of fighting is on the ground grappling and that is really really starting to bore me.

Difference with ECW in particular is that its alot more entertaining to watch and im fully aware that the majority of the time they are able to perfom without injuring each other, this should be appreciated more because i think any person in the world can punch some1 in the face and hurt them. However could you drop some1 on their neck without injuring them.. heh bit harder to do.

When your talking about a professinal wrestler your talking about a prime athlete who works 365 days a year. When they arent on tv they are in the gym working out which is exactly what the UFC participants do, however they only fight once every couple of months. They are also athletes and actors which is a pretty amazing combination to have. The business is a way of life for them and in the end has an effect on your physical well being seeing as these guys are having spinal and knee surgery on a regular basis by the time they hit 40. People who call the business fake, to me obviously have no idea what they are talking about and probably watched hulk hogan wrestle against andre the giant like 30 years ago heh. Once they find out that the matches are pre determined or that they arent really trying to break each others necks (omg how dare they) they think what they are doing is fake lol.. which it blatantly isnt.

In the end it comes down to

1) Do you wanna watch 2 athletes fighting where you know that people are being genually injured and that makes it fun to watch.

or

2) Do you wanna watch 2 athletes fighting with alot more physicality (which is afact) however you know they arent intentially trying to injure each other.

It all depends on your own taste but i choose entertainment in this case,

However i still enjoy the occasional UFC fight...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ May 30 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]82586[/snapback][/center]
There are things i liked about the old UFC compared to the new UFC.. its alot more controlled now for example the ref can stop the fight. If it wasnt for the changes i doubt that ufc wold still be on tv because it wouldnt be allowed. UFC is classed as a real sport but so is curling lol so that doesnt mean anything to me. I aint gonna sit there and go..

"this is shite but its a real sport so ill feel like a man for watching it" :huh:
Only thing i enjoy about UFC is the takedowns and the knockouts and that all depends on whos fighting.. but the main style of fighting is on the ground grappling and that is really really starting to bore me.
Difference with ECW in particular is that its alot more entertaining to watch and im fully aware that the majority of the time they are able to perfom without injuring each other, this should be appreciated more because i think any person in the world can punch some1 in the face and hurt them. However could you drop some1 on their neck without injuring them.. heh bit harder to do.

When your talking about a professinal wrestler your talking about a prime athlete who works 365 days a year. When they arent on tv they are in the gym working out which is exactly what the UFC participants do, however they only fight once every couple of months. They are also athletes and actors which is a pretty amazing combination to have. The business is a way of life for them and in the end has an effect on your physical well being seeing as these guys are having spinal and knee surgery on a regular basis by the time they hit 40. People who call the business fake, to me obviously have no idea what they are talking about and probably watched hulk hogan wrestle against andre the giant like 30 years ago heh. Once they find out that the matches are pre determined or that they arent really trying to break each others necks (omg how dare they) they think what they are doing is fake lol.. which it blatantly isnt.
In the end it comes down to

1) Do you wanna watch 2 athletes fighting where you know that people are being genually injured and that makes it fun to watch.

or

2) Do you wanna watch 2 athletes fighting with alot more physicality (which is afact) however you know they arent intentially trying to injure each other.
It all depends on your own taste but i choose entertainment in this case,
However i still enjoy the occasional UFC fight...
[/b]

Or it comes down to

1) Do you want to watch men perform in a soap opera where the script is already written

2) Do you want to watch men fight for cash where the outcome is not pre-determined.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 30 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]82604[/snapback][/center]
Or it comes down to

1) Do you want to watch men perform in a soap opera where the script is already written

2) Do you want to watch men fight for cash where the outcome is not pre-determined.
[/b]

SOAP OPERA!!!

er...

:blush:

your must be an idiot to even compare UFC to wrestling. wrestling to me is entertainment, i dont watch it anymore but i used to love ecw and the old wwf.

UFC is like martial arts fighting and wrestling is about athletes putting on a show for an audience. basically wrestling lets me see stuff that would be impossible in real life. i mean there is no way in a fight someone would drag someone up a 50ft titantron and throw them off then jump down themselves.

UFC is crap now anyway, cage rage is much more entertaining and i like to see how boxers fair with strike artists in k1 UFC have based their rules around grappling and jujitsu fighters. The fact you cant knee people in the face when your grappling on the floor is enough for me to turn over. In cage rage there arent any rules other than low blows and eye gouging. now that is entertainement!

but really thats like saying "eating" is better than "sleeping"!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ May 28 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]82295[/snapback][/center]
its entertainment, in real life you wouldnt be able to throw sum1 off a 50ft ladder or powerbomb sum1 thru a glass table.

I love UFC and esinoth has pretty much got all of the UFC videos available, but its nowt like wrestling is.
[/b]

Didn't you just compare them right here?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 30 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]82823[/snapback][/center]
Didn't you just compare them right here?
[/b]

what part of wrestling is NOTHING like UFC insinuates a comparison exactly?

they are apples and oranges, and therefore cannot be compared.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ May 30 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]82880[/snapback][/center]
what part of wrestling is NOTHING like UFC insinuates a comparison exactly?

they are apples and oranges, and therefore cannot be compared.
[/b]

You wrote that it is now like wrestling, that it is a comparison, no?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 31 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]83058[/snapback][/center]
You wrote that it is now like wrestling, that it is a comparison, no?
[/b]

no i said nowt, as in nothing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ May 31 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]83064[/snapback][/center]
no i said nowt, as in nothing
[/b]

/bangs head against desk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ May 29 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]82365[/snapback][/center]
yeah, too bad brits don't get hyped up and emotional about going to the dentist...
[/b]

LMAO,
where do you get these Cora?

Oh and if it was an option I would have voted for old-school 1980's NWA. When Ric Flair was in his prime and he wrestled such people as Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Dusty Rhodes. No matches today can compare to those one's

The Ric Flair-Ricky Steamboat rivalry of 1989 is by far the best series of matches in history for Professional Wrestling.

And yeah, I enjoy watching and I know it's fake. I like to watch it for the athleticism.

P.S. a 450 LB wrestler named Vader did a shoot tournament in Japan in the 90's in a promotion similar to UFC, and he beat the crap out of everyone.

I guarantee the Big Show could smack around almost all of the UFC guys in RL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ May 31 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]83172[/snapback][/center]
I guarantee the Big Show could smack around almost all of the UFC guys in RL.
[/b]
Possibly... but there's not enough money or fame in UFC, not to mention the chance of serious injury.

Back