Aqua Teen Hunger Force > Boston

Fluffy

Vote Stewart/Colbert in '08!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/31/boston.bombscare/index.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_on_...picious_devices
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index....06-df5948a34060

The guys at Adult Swim hired guerrilla marketers to help them promote Aqua Teen Hunger Force (I am assuming a movie is being made), well they made these little lite-bright thingys with the mooninites on them flipping people off, they attached batteries to them and placed them in strategic places in ten US cities (Boston being one of them). None of the other ten cities had any problem with it (especially since it was done over two weeks ago), but Boston went Defcon 1 on the situation, closed the city down and started a nice little panic up here.

Needless to say the embarrassment of watching guys in full bomb squad gear being utlra delicate with a picture of Err in his grasp was too much to bear, they went an arrested the artist who made the things, and basically want to heads of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and Turner Broadcasting to be made accountable of it. They paniced everyone till about 5pm EST, forget the fact that almost all of the local TV and radio news sources had this figured out by noon. You know, I love this city, but sometimes this place can be so, unbelievably dumb.

Image of "thingy" that shut a city down:
story.cartoon.adultswim.jpg

Boston Tea Party, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Terrorist Scare....Bostonians are developing a rep for self-induced panic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 1 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]142371[/snapback][/center]
Is not a funny prank.
[/b]

But it wasn't a prank, they were there to advertise not to fool anyone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 1 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]142387[/snapback][/center]
Lol thats crazy
[/b]

Ummmmmm, how did you not know about this yesterday? You live two seconds from the madness!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 1 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]142383[/snapback][/center]
But it wasn't a prank, they were there to advertise not to fool anyone.
[/b]
Not funny advertisement then.

Man that is just freakin great!

Weehooo Man I'm toasted! Let's go while I'm feeling it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 1 2007, 07:05 PM) [snapback]142404[/snapback][/center]
Not funny advertisement then.
[/b]

How so? They did it in 10 cities and only the frickin retards in Boston freaked out over it and thought it was a bomb. FFS they were light brites! And they detonated em! Very damn funny if you ask me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 1 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]142391[/snapback][/center]
Ummmmmm, how did you not know about this yesterday? You live two seconds from the madness!
[/b]
I don't communicate with the livestock, sorry. lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phaded v2.0 @ Feb 1 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]142405[/snapback][/center]
Man that is just freakin great!

Weehooo Man I'm toasted! Let's go while I'm feeling it.
How so? They did it in 10 cities and only the frickin retards in Boston freaked out over it and thought it was a bomb. FFS they were light brites! And they detonated em! Very damn funny if you ask me.
[/b]
What if someone dismisses a device that could kill people? You cannot take lightly something like that. No wait... If you don't care...

Back