Another reason not to get the Wii

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Dec 5 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]135804[/snapback][/center]
And I'm glad I bought a wii. It's been a hell of alot of fun. I just finished Zelda TP and am trying to decide what game I want to get next.

Side note: Friday night my 60 yr old parents came over for dinner and wound up playing bowling and golf for a few hours.

I won't be buying a PS3 as there is nothing coming out for it that makes it a must have. And don't tell me about FF or MGS. Both of them suck IMO
[/b]
Wild Arms and Suikoden?

That's why I don't like PS3. They have all the same type of games that are already done better on PC. (FPS and RPG's) At least Nintendo I think has the market cornered on the genres of games they practically invented and do better than anyone else (action adventure games). And 95% of good games on Nintendo systems are made by Nintendo themselves so you know there will always something great on there if you like that type of game.

On the other hand, SONY pretty much sucks as a game maker. Almost everything worth playing on their systems is made by Square or Capcom or some other company. If not for SONY having deep pockets and buying exclusives, Playstation would be worthless. All the great games could have easily been on every other system and the PC. The FF series and MGS all came onto PC until SONY put a stop to it. Thats how I always though of playstation. It has always offered the exact same type of games and experience as PC, the only difference being particular games that are exclusive to it; while Nintendo systems have at least tried to offer unique games that are unlike anything on the PC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]135817[/snapback][/center]
That's why I don't like PS3. They have all the same type of games that are already done better on PC. (FPS and RPG's) At least Nintendo I think has the market cornered on the genres of games they practically invented and do better than anyone else (action adventure games). And 95% of good games on Nintendo systems are made by Nintendo themselves so you know there will always something great on there if you like that type of game.

On the other hand, SONY pretty much sucks as a game maker. Almost everything worth playing on their systems is made by Square or Capcom or some other company. If not for SONY having deep pockets and buying exclusives, Playstation would be worthless. All the great games could have easily been on every other system and the PC. The FF series and MGS all came onto PC until SONY put a stop to it. Thats how I always though of playstation. It has always offered the exact same type of games and experience as PC, the only difference being particular games that are exclusive to it; while Nintendo systems have at least tried to offer unique games that are unlike anything on the PC.
[/b]
Yeah, I'm a PS junkie, just for those games and series I love. It has a lot of RPGs with great storylines. Most of my PS games are RPGs. I'll name them if ya like when I get home. ^_^

I will let you in on a little secret about the Wii. It sucks. There that is the secret. The graphics are outdated about 5 years+. So what if you can swing your arms around. That is just a poor excuse to not go out of the house and do something. I excercise on my Wii. HA NOOBS. Have fun flailing your arms around like a Kansas City fagot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]135824[/snapback][/center]
Yeah, I'm a PS junkie, just for those games and series I love. It has a lot of RPGs with great storylines. Most of my PS games are RPGs. I'll name them if ya like when I get home. ^_^
[/b]
I know PS had a ton of good RPG's. I've played a couple of them like xenogears and most of the FF series, although for some reason I always tend to prefer non-animeish RPGs like Earthbound, KOTOR, Mario RPG, and Diablo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Maximis @ Dec 5 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]135833[/snapback][/center]
I will let you in on a little secret about the Wii. It sucks. There that is the secret. The graphics are outdated about 5 years+. So what if you can swing your arms around. That is just a poor excuse to not go out of the house and do something. I excercise on my Wii. HA NOOBS. Have fun flailing your arms around like a Kansas City fagot.
[/b]
Wow; who is this idiot? :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]135841[/snapback][/center]
I know PS had a ton of good RPG's. I've played a couple of them like xenogears and most of the FF series, although for some reason I always tend to prefer non-animeish RPGs like Earthbound, KOTOR, Mario RPG, and Diablo.
Wow; who is this idiot? :rolleyes:
[/b]
I dunno the baka. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Maximis @ Dec 5 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]135833[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Who uses the Wii as exercise? It is just a more fun way of controlling a game than hitting buttons or using a mouse. If you think you need to be "flailing your arms around", well then this describes it perfectly:

20061113.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Maximis @ Dec 6 2006, 07:01 AM) [snapback]135833[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Graphics don't mean shit if the games aren't fun. I still play my Atari 2600 with it's stone age graphics because the games are fun.

The graphics are outdated about 5 years+.... Have fun flailing your arms around like a Kansas City fagot.
[/b]

it's people like this that are the result of the gaming industry in its current situation. shitty and short gameplay. and i always have to laugh at someone using an insult and can't even spell the word correctly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Dec 5 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]135868[/snapback][/center]
it's people like this that are the result of the gaming industry in its current situation. shitty and short gameplay. and i always have to laugh at someone using an insult and can't even spell the word correctly.
[/b]
I don't even understand what the big deal is about graphics anymore.

Back on like PS1 and N64; the early attempts at 3D looked horrible. Even in some of the best looking games for that era like Resident Evil and Final Fanasy 7; the graphics were so blocky and jagged that it was distracting. By the time PS2 and Gamecube came around, 3D games looked pretty darn great. The leap between the graphics of FF7-9 to FF10 and 12 is unmistakable. Is the leap between PS2's graphics and PS3 that dramatic? I don't think so. Graphics already look pretty great as it is, and it's only going to be tiny incremental steps from here on out to slightly increase resolutions and textures. We're never going to see another dramatic graphical leap on par with going from FF7's blocky ugly looking Cloud with polygons clipping all over the place to FF12 of today.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]135870[/snapback][/center]
Xenogears was one of the best! :D
[/b]
Yeah; that game was pretty great. Then the Xenosaga games were...alright.

I have to admit PS1 had tons of good RPGs; PS2 not so much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]135879[/snapback][/center]
Yeah; that game was pretty great. Then the Xenosaga games were...alright.

I have to admit PS1 had tons of good RPGs; PS2 not so much.
[/b]
Not true. :p
Let me get home, and I'll convince ya otherwise. *giggle*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]135884[/snapback][/center]
Not true. :p
Let me get home, and I'll convince ya otherwise. *giggle*
[/b]
Hah alright. ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]135887[/snapback][/center]
I go home in 2 hours though :p
[/b]
Oh yeah; you Californians and your goofy Pacific time zone behind the east coast as usual. :p

The last 2 hours are always the worst. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]135890[/snapback][/center]
Oh yeah; you Californians and your goofy Pacific time zone behind the east coast as usual. :p

The last 2 hours are always the worst. <_<
[/b]
And ya have to remind me? :unsure:

Back