If you could start you life over

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Aug 15 2006, 08:01 AM) [snapback]106146[/snapback][/center]
That or you would have always been too scared to take that chance and break the rules on occassion. Thus slipping into a life of some dead end job, no future, no advancement due to unwillingness to take risks...just saying y'know.
[/b]

Thank you for describing my life. :(

I wish I could go back, I'm hate regretting what I didn't do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lpb8733 @ Aug 17 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]107034[/snapback][/center]
Thank you for describing my life. :(
I wish I could go back, I'm hate regretting what I didn't do.
[/b]

Eep....sorry. Was trying to egg on Cora, not try to single anyone out.

Hey, look at it this way, it is NEVER too late to change.

I've had regrets, I've chosen to convert them to lessons learned.
My past makes me who I am, my experiences guide my decisions in the present, shaping who I will be in the future.

I would never go back.

ive done alot in my life, ive seen alot, ive fucked up alot, but i dont regret a damn thing. I think the only thing i would do over is not smoke ciggs. everything else i wouldnt change. I hold onto the memories too tightly.

No. Why say no?

Well, let me put it this way, I don't feel like waiting through boring classes I've already been through or being told I'm so smart for skipping grades that I should be a rocket scientist, etc. I don't want to have to wait until I'm 16 again just to drive again.

Although, quite frankly, if I could change some things I probably would. For instance, I'd probably choose to be born later when human life spans are extended and there are special artificial limbs/eyes/etc. for people that match like Luke Skywalker's robotic hand etc. And just have better health - oh and preferrably when space ships are common, we are off of fossil fuels, and poverty is at an all-time minimum if not extinct. Wouldn't hurt to have an economy like in Star Trek either, where everyone has what they need and there is no real need for money.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Aug 10 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]104433[/snapback][/center]
im assuming you would have the knowlege you have now because if you didnt it wouldnt make any difference, i mean how would you know if your not reliving your life again right now...making the same mistakes and triumphs as before.

I think anyone who says they wouldnt relive their life again isnt looking at big picture, besides the obvious things like warning people about 9/11, telling people you know to not go on that car journey etc, the small things would be of infinite amusement.

for example: You would know all the answers to school papers, youd know what football teams will do....dudes thats like 20 years of fun!

As for mistakes and such i have 0 regrets in my life....ive made some mistakes and i have regretted things in the past but they all make me into the person i am now, and im happy so reliving my life wouldnt be to change the way i am mentally/physically/spritually but to have some hella fun!

now! someone invent a time machine!
[/b]

You should watch the movie The Butterfly Effect, it might change your mind. :p

All that said, I would rather just keep living and change my future than worrying about the past. (Assuming of course I am even able to change the future. I guess it depends how you look at it.)

No I wouldn't. Every life is of equal importance. They're all sacred imo and I think they should be seen out to the end, regardless of how bitter that end may be.

i said yes....
those that know me understand what i would probably change
i thought about it and despite the good consequences....i would rather not have the bad ones

also besides the one thing i would change it would be nice to go back and and experience love for the first time even knowing it would end badly
to feel the butterflies at the first kiss, to feel the excitement at the feathery touches

and yeah it would be nice to realize that i could have been more relaxed during my HS years and it would have been nice to have been a kid

but....cant go back and so as things stand now i have great friends, loving and endearing husband, good steady job that while stressful is satisfying enough, going back to grad school......
lol no wonder i cant go back..im too busy moving forward :p

You just like meetings :p
I would do school over again or completely do away with it. School years were the worst of my life so far. :nerd: They are probably the reason that keep me in some of my current circumstances now.

It's right what they say about being your formative years.

If you had asked me this in my early 20's I would probably say yes, I would like to start again, get better grades, not make some of the mistakes I made, etc...but now at the wise old age of 27 :p I would have to say no, I'm happy with all aspects of my life :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Edhina @ Aug 31 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]113019[/snapback][/center]
If you had asked me this in my early 20's I would probably say yes, I would like to start again, get better grades, not make some of the mistakes I made, etc...but now at the wise old age of 27 :p I would have to say no, I'm happy with all aspects of my life :)
[/b]
hehe same here... but but but one thing is for sure... I WOULD NOT PLAY SWG AGAIN TO GET FUCKED UP WITH SOME NGEs AND CUs :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Aug 22 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]109002[/snapback][/center]
No. Why say no?

Well, let me put it this way, I don't feel like waiting through boring classes I've already been through or being told I'm so smart for skipping grades that I should be a rocket scientist, etc. I don't want to have to wait until I'm 16 again just to drive again.

Although, quite frankly, if I could change some things I probably would. For instance, I'd probably choose to be born later when human life spans are extended and there are special artificial limbs/eyes/etc. for people that match like Luke Skywalker's robotic hand etc. And just have better health - oh and preferrably when space ships are common, we are off of fossil fuels, and poverty is at an all-time minimum if not extinct. Wouldn't hurt to have an economy like in Star Trek either, where everyone has what they need and there is no real need for money.
You should watch the movie The Butterfly Effect, it might change your mind. :p
All that said, I would rather just keep living and change my future than worrying about the past. (Assuming of course I am even able to change the future. I guess it depends how you look at it.)
[/b]

seen it, watch the alt ending...everything works out just great :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Sep 1 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]113379[/snapback][/center]
seen it, watch the alt ending...everything works out just great :) [/b]
So its a 50/50 chance and worth the risk?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 2 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]113465[/snapback][/center]
So its a 50/50 chance and worth the risk?
[/b]

well not 50-50 but if my childhood was mnessed up as badly as the guy in butterfly effect was then yeah.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Sep 2 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]113508[/snapback][/center]
well not 50-50 but if my childhood was mnessed up as badly as the guy in butterfly effect was then yeah. [/b]
but thats the thing his childhood wasn't as screwed up as the people around him and his childhood was effected by the fact that his father went back and messed with time... so one thing didn't just effect the fathers life, it rippled down to the son and so on

Back