Another reason not to get the Wii

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Dec 5 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]135736[/snapback][/center]
Cause you can play PC games with the Wiimote as well

This article is yet another reason why PC > Wii
[/b]

A ) What does this article have to do with the apples/oranges debate that is PC/Wii?
B ) So are you giving up the Ps3/Wii argument now? Or just trying a completely different angle?

That's it!! I'm taking my Wii back now.

I hates that I can use my wiimote on my PC!

What a POS!

I love my Wii!! I'm a bowling mastahh. You all want to touch my Wii... I can tell. :blush:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kiah @ Dec 5 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]135759[/snapback][/center]
I love my Wii!! I'm a bowling mastahh. You all want to touch my Wii... I can tell. :blush:
[/b]
:lol:

Well he does has a point. Why buy the Wii if my computer is much better? We are all gamers, we all met on a computer game, so we all know you have a computer that can run a 3d engine. Thus can play mostly any game Wii can come up with. Taking into consideration of their lesser capability compared to the other two consoles.

Get my drift. ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]135762[/snapback][/center]

Well he does has a point. Why buy the Wii if my computer is much better? We are all gamers, we all met on a computer game, so we all know you have a computer that can run a 3d engine. Thus can play mostly any game Wii can come up with. Taking into consideration of their lesser capability compared to the other two consoles.

Get my drift. ^_^
[/b]

Cost of Wii to play Wii games: $250
Cost of PC to play Wii games: $2,500

Get my drift. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Dec 5 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]135763[/snapback][/center]
Cost of Wii to play Wii games: $250
Cost of PC to play Wii games: <strike>$2,500</strike>

Get my drift. ;)
[/b]
You already own a computer silly wookiee. Thus making Wii more expensive. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]135768[/snapback][/center]
You already own a computer silly wookiee. Thus making Wii more expensive. :p
[/b]

Fine then add in the cost of any and all upgrades you do to your PC over the lifetime of the Wii. Or better still can you play multiplayer with the PC system? Or wait you need another computer to play multiplayer, add those costs in too.

Consoles have their place in the gaming world, as do PCs. Comparing the two is still and apple/oranges debate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]135762[/snapback][/center]

Get my drift. ^_^
[/b]
A computer is capable of running anything released for the PS3 or 360, so I guess they're also useless.

If Nintendo published all their franchise games like Mario and Zelda on PC there'd be no reason to buy a Wii; but that will never happen :p.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Dec 5 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]135771[/snapback][/center]
Fine then add in the cost of any and all upgrades you do to your PC over the lifetime of the Wii. Or better still can you play multiplayer with the PC system? Or wait you need another computer to play multiplayer, add those costs in too.

Consoles have their place in the gaming world, as do PCs. Comparing the two is still and apple/oranges debate.
[/b]
PCs with several USB connections can have several game controllers. There are USB thingies that increase your number of USB ports, those are cheap, extra controllers too. Wii graphics quality is bad, if you can run SWG you can easily run Wii games.

And for sure we know everyone here can run SWG. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Dec 5 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]135777[/snapback][/center]
A computer is capable of running anything released for the PS3 or 360, so I guess they're also useless.
[/b]
But for those consoles You DO need upgrades. Graphical at least. *giggle* Video card will cost you around the same as a PS3 or Xbox console (maybe more than Xbox.) :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]135778[/snapback][/center]
If Nintendo published all their franchise games like Mario and Zelda on PC there'd be no reason to buy a Wii; but that will never happen :p.
[/b]
Emulators and Roms ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]135779[/snapback][/center]
Emulators and Roms ^_^
[/b]
Eh, you might be waiting quite a while for that. Last I checked, working emulators for last gens systems that came out 5 years ago were nowhere to be seen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]135781[/snapback][/center]
Eh, you might be waiting quite a while for that. Last I checked, working emulators for last gens systems that came out 5 years ago were nowhere to be seen.
[/b]
Perhaps, but I'm really not excited by Wii's games, so I can wait. *wink*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]135783[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Well some people have weird tastes I guess :p

I personally never got Halo. After hearing so much praise for it; I gave it a try (the PC version) but I thought it sucked and uninstalled it after 2 hours. I still don't understand what people see in that game...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 6 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]135783[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
same here, waiting a few months for somemore games i want to come out on the Wii, then ill pick it up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Dec 5 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]135787[/snapback][/center]
Well some people have weird tastes I guess :p

I personally never got Halo. After hearing so much praise for it; I gave it a try (the PC version) but I thought it sucked and uninstalled it after 2 hours. I still don't understand what people see in that game...
[/b]
It was loved by console gamers, because there were not good FPS games for console thus far. But PC gamers have had good FPS for a while. :p See Gomi's thread, you'll understand. It was fun playing with others, not as fun as other FPS PC Games. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Dec 5 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]135788[/snapback][/center]
same here, waiting a few months for somemore games i want to come out on the Wii, then ill pick it up.
[/b]

I'm waiting until I get a bigger place with room for a nice 42" HDTV. hehe. Then I'll get the Wii first most likely followed by either an XBox or a PS3 depending on who has the games I want to play.

lolhalo.jpg

And I'm glad I bought a wii. It's been a hell of alot of fun. I just finished Zelda TP and am trying to decide what game I want to get next.

Side note: Friday night my 60 yr old parents came over for dinner and wound up playing bowling and golf for a few hours.

I won't be buying a PS3 as there is nothing coming out for it that makes it a must have. And don't tell me about FF or MGS. Both of them suck IMO

Back