Will you play the CU emulator?

Will you play the CU emulator?

• yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Sep 10 2006, 03:58 AM) [snapback]114949[/snapback][/center]
Lol, who was that jedi? He didn't do anything but run away from every fight and steal deathblows :).
[/b]

That was nuka lol, did you see zhorx 2 hit xanle at the end lol

ehh .... wasnt a pre-cu emu coming ? well i voted no anyway... i am done with Lucasarts.. they are just another commercial giant that dont care for gamers intresst.... especially after Empire at War i lost all trust.... what a piece of shit game that was....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Digitalmessiah ATi @ Sep 11 2006, 04:28 AM) [snapback]115054[/snapback][/center]
too bad it's not happening anymore lol. so no CU emu
[/b]

i havent heard anything about it on swgemu, they all said that its coming out.

I'd give it a try, but odds are I wouldn't stay too long. My views on SWG as a whole have been tainted and I doubt I could really like it as much as I used to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Sep 11 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]115066[/snapback][/center]
i havent heard anything about it on swgemu, they all said that its coming out.
[/b]

if it gets released i will play coz i like the CU

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Sep 12 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]115338[/snapback][/center]
Nope to busy with Vanguard and loving every minute of it. I miss Cahnuuk :(
[/b]
What's so damn special about Vanguard? You praised EQ2 and I tried it, turned out to be the CU in fairy land.

Will try it, but wont stay. I left because CU destroyed the commando. Heavy wepons did as much dmg as any other weapon. They were not special anymore. No point in having anything else, but a flame thrower.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Sep 13 2006, 03:58 AM) [snapback]115397[/snapback][/center]
What's so damn special about Vanguard? You praised EQ2 and I tried it, turned out to be the CU in fairy land.
[/b]
Incredible quote.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Sep 12 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]115402[/snapback][/center]
Will try it, but wont stay. I left because CU destroyed the commando. Heavy wepons did as much dmg as any other weapon. They were not special anymore. No point in having anything else, but a flame thrower.
[/b]

commando/smuggler was an invaluable member of any group!

area snares, roots and mezzes kicked ass...you could disable entire groups with that!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Sep 12 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]115530[/snapback][/center]

area snares, roots and mezzes kicked ass...you could disable entire groups with that!
[/b]

It was still a crime that the heavy weapons profession was reduced to "crowd control".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Sep 12 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]115530[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
That is a crime, the commando I remember melt groups into ashes. You could force the enemy to spread thin or they were done for. Crowd control is trash. A Commando was a Damage Dealer. I remember doing 24k damage with the cone to krayts and then the 1k tic with 250 wound. Of course to players was more difficult because of the heat resistances. But then you put 2 or 3 commandos to decimate a group. Rockets did a large amound of dmg, with the CU all the heavy weapons were just flashy weapons just for fireworks. They were not worth their crafting materials and time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Sep 12 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]115550[/snapback][/center]
That is a crime, the commando I remember melt groups into ashes. You could force the enemy to spread thin or they were done for. Crowd control is trash. A Commando was a Damage Dealer. I remember doing 24k damage with the cone to krayts and then the 1k tic with 250 wound. Of course to players was more difficult because of the heat resistances. But then you put 2 or 3 commandos to decimate a group. Rockets did a large amound of dmg, with the CU all the heavy weapons were just flashy weapons just for fireworks. They were not worth their crafting materials and time.
[/b]

I thought commandos were nerfed pre-cu...they dropped like flys cos they had no defence mods or anything. Sure they could do fire dots and decent damage...but just go pikeman and aoe, that way you wouldnt be blocked/dodged or countered and then dropped in 2 seconds. I suppose commando/tk was an alright combo...gaitou used to do well with it but they were much more effective CU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Sep 12 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]115552[/snapback][/center]
I thought commandos were nerfed pre-cu...they dropped like flys cos they had no defence mods or anything. Sure they could do fire dots and decent damage...but just go pikeman and aoe, that way you wouldnt be blocked/dodged or countered and then dropped in 2 seconds. I suppose commando/tk was an alright combo...gaitou used to do well with it but they were much more effective CU.
[/b]
If you know how to play your profession, and have a partner that can cover your weakneses, there is no way in hell that you dropped.

I was a Commando/TKM. By the time a pike, swords, fencer, or TKM were within range they had to start running. Unless they were backed by a Doc. In which cases I had a CM with me.

Yes, we were nerfed, but there were still ways around it. I grouped with a bunch of people that just didn't let you fall. When we were fighting melee stackers, we send our melee stackers, the other commandos and me were just applying 600-800 flame tics. CMs 80m away raining with poisons. Docs nearby taking away enemy poisons.

Someone got the better of you once, you just stand up and play it better next time. Just as any other profession out there. I stick with Commando, during the good times, bad times, dark times, I dropped SWG all together when they turned commando into a clown.

Back