is Eddie geurero really dead?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ Feb 15 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]46269[/snapback][/center]
Lol, those were the days.

I was always a WWF guy, but my friends down the street were hardcore WCW.

in the end, I wish WCW was still around though because they always brought out the best of each other.
[/b]

me and esinoth were always ECW guys, Rhyno, sabu and RVD ftw!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Feb 15 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]46273[/snapback][/center]
me and esinoth were always ECW guys, Rhyno, sabu and RVD ftw!!!!!
[/b]

Fuck yes! Preach it brother! ECW was heads and shoulders above anything else the other feds were doing.

I've always been a big wrestling mark, I was as a kid, and it's a guilty pleasure I've just never grown out of.

No question the WCW-NWO days were great, turnung Hogan heel was a brilliant move, the last guy anyone thought would turn, I'll never forget the show they did it, the heat was unreal.

WCW forced WWF to raise the bar, and WWF has never been better than it was during that time....then you through ECW into the mix.....great times.

Paul Heyman ftw!!

Any of you guys watch the TNA stuff?
They've got some REALLY good up and coming talent.

Petey Williams and Samoa Joe are great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Magama @ Feb 16 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]46275[/snapback][/center]
So what is your guy's favorite match ever? Mine would definately have to be the TLC match with the Hardy Boyz, the Dudleys, and Edge & Christian. That was such an intense match, I wanted the Hardy Boyz to win tho :(
http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wor.../30445413211313
[/b]

1992 Royal Rumble Match

Ric Flair won it after being #3

It had more stars in one match than any other match in history:

Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
British Bulldog
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Undertaker
Macho Man
Hulk Hogan
Roddy Piper
Sid Vicious

Just to name a few

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Micky Bulvaar @ Feb 16 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]46297[/snapback][/center]
Fuck yes! Preach it brother! ECW was heads and shoulders above anything else the other feds were doing.

I've always been a big wrestling mark, I was as a kid, and it's a guilty pleasure I've just never grown out of.

No question the WCW-NWO days were great, turnung Hogan heel was a brilliant move, the last guy anyone thought would turn, I'll never forget the show they did it, the heat was unreal.

WCW forced WWF to raise the bar, and WWF has never been better than it was during that time....then you through ECW into the mix.....great times.

Paul Heyman ftw!!

Any of you guys watch the TNA stuff?
They've got some REALLY good up and coming talent.

Petey Williams and Samoa Joe are great.
[/b]

Whenever I'm flipping through the channels and I see that TNA is on, I'll sit down and watch

And yeah, that Samoa Joe guy is unreal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ Feb 15 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]46229[/snapback][/center]
He had problems with hard drugs, not steroids if that is what you are thinking.

Also, the federal government tried to put McMahon in jail back in '94 for distribution of steroids but he was acquitted of all charges.
Shawn Michaels + Ric Flair >everyone else on Raw
wow, didn't know Rocco Rock died.

I want to slap myself for forgetting about Mr. Perfect
[/b]

And, just as we were talking about his, his former tag team partner dies:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/021606grungepasses

Johnny Grunge, dead at 39.

my favourate match was probably the royal rumble when stone cold won after beating kane who was in for pretty much the entire match. So many people came back like big show and there was tons of underhandedness...just great to watch. Also the bit where the honkey tonk man came in and played his guitar...turned round and kane nails him with a chair...so funny!

ecw and wwf attitude was wrestling at its best...i dont really watch wwe that much now but back in the day it was uber!

Hehe I'll show my age a bit here, but I was at Wrestlemania III wayyyy back in 1987. There was a match between Ricky 'the Steamboat' Dragon vs. Randy 'Macho Man' Savage. It was easily the best match ever. The athleticism they showed was just ungodly. They were flying all over the place non-stop for like 20 minutes. I don't even remember who won (I think it was Ricky) but man it was awe-inspiring.

And what a blast Wrestlemania III was. That was pretty much the end of my enjoyment for wrestling, and it was good to go off in a bang. That was when Hulk Hogan bodyslammed Andre the Giant. And I was very sad to see that Miss Elizabeth had died, as she was more beautiful in person than she was on the TV.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 18 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]47580[/snapback][/center]
Hehe I'll show my age a bit here, but I was at Wrestlemania III wayyyy back in 1987. There was a match between Ricky 'the Steamboat' Dragon vs. Randy 'Macho Man' Savage. It was easily the best match ever. The athleticism they showed was just ungodly. They were flying all over the place non-stop for like 20 minutes. I don't even remember who won (I think it was Ricky) but man it was awe-inspiring.

And what a blast Wrestlemania III was. That was pretty much the end of my enjoyment for wrestling, and it was good to go off in a bang. That was when Hulk Hogan bodyslammed Andre the Giant. And I was very sad to see that Miss Elizabeth had died, as she was more beautiful in person than she was on the TV.
[/b]

That event is considered probably the biggest PPV in history for Pro Wrestling.

It set an indoor attendance record of 93,000+ that still might be standing today.

And yeah, Ricky Steamboat won. That was a great match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 17 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]47580[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Just to echo Tutoks statements, that is THE "I was there" moment in wrestling history, thats pretty awesome that you were there.

Like the Superbowl didn't become the spectacle we know it until Namaths Jets won it in Superbowl 3, the 3rd Wrestlemania is the one that really cemented the event as the "big one" every year.

I agree by the way about the Savage/Steamboat match, widely acknowledged as one of the finest matches ever, I remember it well.

I really couldn't pick a favorite match, so many are memorable for so many different reasons, that they can't really be compared for me.

Good call 'bout Elizabeth btw, don't get me wrong I like the "divas" in wrestling today but theres a definate skank factor to it all now.
Elizabeth was hot but was also classy, and was treated as such.

Back