Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Mets

• San Diego Padres

• St. Louis Cardinals

• Total voters
Sorry. Is this post not about baseball anymore?

Is it now about what obscure sports at which the British may be better?
If so, I completely concede to Soccer, Cricket, Rugby, Archery, Spank the Cat, Twosies, Rumperniffling or whatever. I bow to your dominance in these sports with no questions or references to the contrary.

At the time the term "World Series" was coined, it was a contest between the best baseball teams in the world, mostly because nobody else had a team. Okay, so the world has changed and more countries have teams. But the majority of the world's best baseball players play in the United States. Arguably, the World Series is still the measure of the best baseball club in the world and the definition is correct in that respect.

The World Baseball Classic is another matter. It is a measure of the skill of National teams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Madrigal @ Oct 4 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]123278[/snapback][/center]
Sorry. Is this post not about baseball anymore?

Is it now about what obscure sports at which the British may be better?
If so, I completely concede to Soccer, Cricket, Rugby, Archery, Spank the Cat, Twosies, Rumperniffling or whatever. I bow to your dominance in these sports with no questions or references to the contrary.

At the time the term "World Series" was coined, it was a contest between the best baseball teams in the world, mostly because nobody else had a team. Okay, so the world has changed and more countries have teams. But the majority of the world's best baseball players play in the United States. Arguably, the World Series is still the measure of the best baseball club in the world and the definition is correct in that respect.

The World Baseball Classic is another matter. It is a measure of the skill of National teams.
[/b]

Oh, in no way am I supporting the concept of the "World Series", that is what it was called, that is what the name of the poll is. The typical US/England debate between me and T is completely friendly, not the first time we have butted heads on similar sport matters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 5 2006, 02:50 AM) [snapback]123284[/snapback][/center]
Oh, in no way am I supporting the concept of the "World Series", that is what it was called, that is what the name of the poll is. The typical US/England debate between me and T is completely friendly, not the first time we have butted heads on similar sport matters.
[/b]
Haha! I know, fluffy. That wasn't meant for you :lol:

I'm just razzin T in a friendly manner, anyway. This is Flame Wars after all.
I actually admire the guy, his dedication to his team and the freedom with which he (rightfully) attacks US sports fans and media.

I just couldn't resist jumping into the scrum (ZOMG, is that a rugby reference?).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 5 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]123643[/snapback][/center]
Lol me and fluffy like to argue about uk/us sports :p

Im sure it will happen again :p
[/b]

And I relish every second of it. You love your sports as much as I love my sports, its great to get a different prespective on things.

Back