Windows Vista

i think Vista looks like it might be pretty cool, but then again, Microsoft's current reputation does preceed them...

true. ill probably buy it too- just to test it out if nothing else.

I'm not gonna bother buying. I don't upgrade my OS until i buy a new computer that comes with it. I was running Windows98 until May of 2004. Upgrading your OS is a waste of money. Should you really pah $100 for a few extra features that probably you won't use? Odds are the majority of the new features are already available as plugins or programs for your current OS.

Why get Vista for IE7 when Firefox does the same stuff and more?
Why get Vista for its Aero GUI when i can just download a theme that gives the same affect?
Why get Vista for the new sidebar when i can simply download a plugin for XP that does the same?
Why get Vista for its "better security" when I've never had any attacks on my firewall nor do i keep sensetive info on my computer?
Is the "sleep" feature worth $100 when i leave my computer on 24/7?

I'm not gonna bother buying. I don't upgrade my OS until i buy a new computer that comes with it. I was running Windows98 until May of 2004. Upgrading your OS is a waste of money. Should you really pah $100 for a few extra features that probably you won't use? Odds are the majority of the new features are already available as plugins or programs for your current OS.

Why get Vista for IE7 when Firefox does the same stuff and more?
Why get Vista for its Aero GUI when i can just download a theme that gives the same affect?
Why get Vista for the new sidebar when i can simply download a plugin for XP that does the same?
Why get Vista for its "better security" when I've never had any attacks on my firewall nor do i keep sensetive info on my computer?
Is the "sleep" feature worth $100 when i leave my computer on 24/7?[/b]
good points in there, surely. I'm also going to buy it because i construct and mod computers frequently, and its always a good thing to have a copy of the os handy for re-installation. i agree with your posts in whole, though, and i'll be the first to admit that i've done most of the things on your list already. (i.e., firefox, windowblinds, objectdock, etc.)

I downloaded the WindowBlinds trial, and it was awesome. And then when i downloaded the cracked version of WB5, and installed it, my entire GUI went nuts and my mouse would move 1cm every 2 minutes. Ended up uninstalling it in Safe mode and sticking to StyleXP.

downloaded the cracked version of WB5, and installed it, my entire GUI went nuts and my mouse would move 1cm every 2 minutes. Ended up uninstalling it in Safe mode and sticking to StyleXP.[/b]
I had this same issue on two different machines. I ended up just buying the full version. Works like a champ, now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Jan 7 2006, 05:38 AM) [snapback]23363[/snapback][/center]
WindowBlinds. Its a program that changes the look of windows.
[/b]

Like a skinner?!

I decided when I get a new OS I'm going to be going back to school and get a student discount, or get a student to buy it at a discount for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Jan 7 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]23516[/snapback][/center]
I decided when I get a new OS I'm going to be going back to school and get a student discount, or get a student to buy it at a discount for me.
[/b]
ROFL, im in the process of getting the full version of Photoshop for $275 bucks (from $600 something) cause my lil brothers is in college!!
College kids discount FTW!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Jan 7 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]23520[/snapback][/center]
ROFL, im in the process of getting the full version of Photoshop for $275 bucks (from $600 something) cause my lil brothers is in college!!
College kids discount FTW!!!!
[/b]
I did that about a year and a half ago with CS (1). Worth the expense, I'd just take a noob intro class on it too while you're at it. There's a good bit that's different from past versions, and without a good introduction to it all, you'll wind up only using 10% of the software.

Back