• $599 loaded version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, I'm not buying it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
It's just two months away (November 17), so whose gonna buy it now that all the rumors have been squashed and prices have been officially announced (not those $800 price tags that were flowing around months ago).

Wii doesn't support the games I like to play. :p

So yes a PS3, but will wait for next year. When all the good titles will come out :D

Wait until the holidays in 2007. I predict there will be a price reduction to compete with the other consoles during that time.

/stands next to his Wii compadres

I have debated the pros and cons of the PS3 several times already, there isn't even a contest on the matter.

There is Mr. Fluffy. The games. If Wii doesn't have fun games what's the purpose of the console? :D

I'll stick with PS3. All the wicked games are there.

There are 2 games that I like from Xbox, there is non in Wii.

There is at least 53 titles that I'm looking up for in the PS3. :D

Fuck no for me as well, I'm sure its going to be as cheaply made and buggy as the last POS system they put out. Had 2 of those f'ng things go to shit on me in less than 6 months after I bought them. Fuck Sony.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enia_Aititer @ Sep 7 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]114493[/snapback][/center]
Fuck no for me as well, I'm sure its going to be as cheaply made and buggy as the last POS system they put out. Had 2 of those f'ng things go to shit on me in less than 6 months after I bought them. Fuck Sony.
[/b]
Well treat it with care and keep it on for 7 days in a row (I did that a couple of times when I didn't have a memory card.) It lasted me 2 years working perfectly.

But yeah is expensive. :p

What Enia said is true. I worked at SONY repairing those things a few years and I have to say they are very cheaply made. I've had DVD drives on my computer that have lasted for years at much more constant use than a PS2 would ever have, and I've never had one break on me. But with the PS2 you're lucky if it lasts a year. I've never understood why they can't put a good quality disc drive in those things instead of some cheap $25 POS.

Pretty mcuh all electronics are going that way now though. Making a long lasting product is not a concern; you get less return customers that way. Just as long as you can make it laste 'til the warranty runs out.

Back on the original topic though; I see this whole PS3 thing as a bad precedent for the video game industry. They're testing us. Are we really willing to spend $500-$600 to get the latest and greatest games? Because if we are, it's over. We'll never see another <$300 game system ever again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 7 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]114507[/snapback][/center]
Back on the original topic though; I see this whole PS3 thing as a bad precedent for the video game industry. They're testing us. Are we really willing to spend $500-$600 to get the latest and greatest games? Because if we are, it's over. We'll never see another <$300 game system ever again.
[/b]

They'll never stop going up in price either...

Not sure if you realize this, but the further we get into the future, the more money is put into creating a system and a game. Unlike 20 years ago when it cost like $50,000 to make a game, now it averages around $50,000,000. You can't possibly charge the same price for a game. Which is why video game prices have gone up by $10-$20 in the past 10 years. And they'll keep on going up in price, as long as companies spend much more to make a game. The same applies for consoles.

And now with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD capabilities, you have over 3 times the space to work with on one disc, allowing for much more gameplay, and features, and newer technologies to be packed in on one disc. The price of games and game systems will only go up, because there will always be the reace for better technology, more content, more gameplay, and new features. And anything that is new in the technology sector is obviously expensive.

Back