Wii Contest Goes Wrong

Wow lol thats gotta suck. Wasnt there another person who died from drinking too much water because they wanted to get into a frat house? :p

Yeah I heard about that too, I guess they weren't allowed to haze with alcohol anymore so they used water. :/

Still, this part made me sad...
"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for kids." [/b]

How the hell do you die from water? wow...

Part of me thinks this is a tradegy, part of me wants to nominate her for a darwin award. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Jan 15 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]139462[/snapback][/center]

Part of me thinks this is a tradegy, part of me wants to nominate her for a darwin award. :p
[/b]
Well, YOU are a fish, how can you understand? ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Jan 15 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]139468[/snapback][/center]
Just because I have a 3 second memory as tiv puts it *giggles*

Who are you again? lol
[/b]
:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Jan 15 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]139462[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Consuming to much water dilutes the chemistry of the body and deprives your system of salts and elctrolytes that are needed for numerous processes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Jan 15 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]139471[/snapback][/center]
Consuming to much water dilutes the chemistry of the body and deprives your system of salts and elctrolytes that are needed for numerous processes.
[/b]

Google user :p

But how does one consume that much water? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Jan 15 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]139475[/snapback][/center]
Google user :p

But how does one consume that much water? :p
[/b]

More like Biology 101 in college... but anyway guess it was a contest to see who could drink the most... I dont know I didnt read the article. If the woman would of just stood in line in front of Best Buy like I did on opening day she would have had a Wii and been playing with her kids. :ph34r:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Jan 15 2007, 08:06 AM) [snapback]139419[/snapback][/center]
Don't say the need for a Wii never claimed any lives:

Wii Contest Tragedy
[/b]

Damn I figured it was a Wii player dying from exhaustion playing Wii sports for hours on end. This was almost a disappointment.

They had a poll asking whether people thought the radio station was responsible for her death.

I voted "no", on the rationale that people in the entertainment industry are generally too stupid and ignorant to know any better.

:angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Poldano @ Jan 15 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]139532[/snapback][/center]
They had a poll asking whether people thought the radio station was responsible for her death.

I voted "no", on the rationale that people in the entertainment industry are generally too stupid and ignorant to know any better.

:angry:
[/b]
I give it a 50-50. Let Entercom put her kids through college.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Jan 15 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]139468[/snapback][/center]
Just because I have a 3 second memory as tiv puts it *giggles*

Who are you again? lol
[/b]

jerk jerk jer..

what was I doing?

This same thing became an issue about 8 years ago in the US Army. Privates have always been required to carry 2 quarts of water with them and anytime they complained of anything they would be told to drink water as if that would cure everything. There was one girl who died of water intoxication while I was going through basic training.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Jan 16 2007, 06:00 AM) [snapback]139554[/snapback][/center]
I give it a 50-50. Let Entercom put her kids through college.
[/b]
If the family sues, will they win?

Back