Why?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Apr 26 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]74429[/snapback][/center]
There it is. :lol:
[/b]
Sorry had to put that up there as the first vote..........because it was there. I must have missed the other poll so I will go look for it now.

Have a nice day :D

Actually I thought it was funny, that's why I put it there. I would've picked it too if anyone else did the same poll :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Apr 26 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]74432[/snapback][/center]
Actually I thought it was funny, that's why I put it there. I would've picked it too if anyone else did the same poll :)
[/b]
Just for the record though...........I actually enjoyed reading some of the comics that you have posted. The one where you were hunting El-D was hilarious. Keep it up.

I might do some more, but like a dipshit I went and asked Lucasfilm if I could publish it online. I didn't mention it was a parody and they have me thinking that they'll be mad if I keep working on them.

But I sent them snail mail with copies of my comics making sure to say they were parodies, just to see if they still feel like telling me to stop working on it.

Would you consider my comics parodies? Because I think they probably count as that, but if it is unclear then I could get in trouble for it. If it's clear as day a parody then I can post it even if Lucasfilm hates it. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Apr 26 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]74441[/snapback][/center]
I might do some more, but like a dipshit I went and asked Lucasfilm if I could publish it online. I didn't mention it was a parody and they have me thinking that they'll be mad if I keep working on them.

But I sent them snail mail with copies of my comics making sure to say they were parodies, just to see if they still feel like telling me to stop working on it.

Would you consider my comics parodies? Because I think they probably count as that, but if it is unclear then I could get in trouble for it. If it's clear as day a parody then I can post it even if Lucasfilm hates it. :)
[/b]
Well I would consider the El-D comic a work of fiction paradying the SWG game as a whole. I would lump all of them in there since, from the ones I read anyways, they all seem to be original characters based off of the SW universe. I would go ahead and publish them online I seriously doubt LA would have any kind of problems with them and as you said they are parodies. It isn't like you did what the one girl did (see another post in this forum for information on it) where she re-wrote EP1 in an "alternate" universe. She just plagerized GL's work and tried to pass it off as her own.

Okay, well I was thinking about it some more and I'll probably re-post them on my new website.

I think the ones that weren't in-your-face parodies were necessary to get my point across and advance to where the funnier stuff happens, so it should all be good.

Also, yeah I did use original characters. I don't know why I'd need to use any SW chars anyway, I'm not trying to re-write SW.

Anyway, here's what they sent me:

Devon,

We are aware of your interest in producing comic books for sale. As
you can imagine we get deluge with similar inquiries on a regular basis.
We are unable to pursue additional comic books licenses at this time
partially due to the fact that currently another resource has exclusive
rights to the category.

Lucasfilm Ltd. is the sole and exclusive owner of all the characters and images contained in, or based on, the motion pictures Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith . These motion pictures and the names and characters which appear therein are protected by the copyright and trademark laws of the United States and other nations. Please note that any unauthorized use of these characters or images would be inappropriate.

As a gentle reminder, I must advise you that development of any
products or promotions using the Star Wars, or any other Lucasfilm Ltd.
property, images, likenesses, logo, etc. must cease at this time. Lucasfilm Ltd.
owns all rights to the entire Star Wars franchise and any monetary
venture conducted without a written agreement is strictly prohibited.

Consider this Lucasfilm's formal decline to your Star Wars Internet
distribution proposal.

Thank you for your interest in Star Wars and much success to you in all
your business endeavors.

Best regards,

Casey Collins[/b]

Obviously it's a bit confusing. I don't think they know what they're talking about really, but I sent an e-mail back and they never replied, so that's why I sent the snail mail. But anyway, I read up on parodies on copyright.gov and I think it'll be okay.

I'm wondering what Spaceballs did to get their movie out. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Apr 26 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]74448[/snapback][/center]
Okay, well I was thinking about it some more and I'll probably re-post them on my new website.

I think the ones that weren't in-your-face parodies were necessary to get my point across and advance to where the funnier stuff happens, so it should all be good.

Also, yeah I did use original characters. I don't know why I'd need to use any SW chars anyway, I'm not trying to re-write SW.

Obviously it's a bit confusing. I don't think they know what they're talking about really, but I sent an e-mail back and they never replied, so that's why I sent the snail mail. But anyway, I read up on parodies on copyright.gov and I think it'll be okay.
[/b]
Sounds to me like some flunky in the mail department was ordered to scan the letter to find out what it might pertain to then put the relevant information into (i.e. what it is Book , Comic Book, Movie and whether or not you want to publish it) then sent it to some other flunky in the "We write Form Letters Because We are to Dumb To Do Anything Else" department where the info that flunky 1 gathered is plugged in to said form letter and sent back off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Apr 26 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]74448[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Wow, talk about your typical cease and desist form letter.

You looking to profit from your stories at all? Or are just looking to print stuff on the website and maybe snag a donation or two here and there. If you ain't looking to make a profit by selling your work, then you really don't have anything to fear.

I voted in the afore mentioned poll.

I chose the "WE suck" answer, due to the ADD aspect of this forum
and most of the internet.

OMG Zanax wth is with that avatar? LOL.

Thanks Tiv.

No Fluffy, I'm not going to sell my comics. I'm putting them on my website for everyone to see for free, however I did want to earn some money from advertising to keep the website up and maybe pull in some extra money.

However, the parody comics are just one attraction now, Lightfire will be my main project. I'll also be doing parodies on other games and such now, not just SWG. Hopefully it'll make up for Lightfire being a bit less random and funny as my parodies.

I do think I might publish Lightfire as a book when I have the first part done, but I'm far from that right now, and it's original (obviously with some influences from alot of different movies and games) so I don't have to worry about copyrights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Apr 28 2006, 03:55 AM) [snapback]74636[/snapback][/center]
OMG Zanax wth is with that avatar? LOL.

Thanks Tiv.

No Fluffy, I'm not going to sell my comics. I'm putting them on my website for everyone to see for free, however I did want to earn some money from advertising to keep the website up and maybe pull in some extra money.

However, the parody comics are just one attraction now, Lightfire will be my main project. I'll also be doing parodies on other games and such now, not just SWG. Hopefully it'll make up for Lightfire being a bit less random and funny as my parodies.

I do think I might publish Lightfire as a book when I have the first part done, but I'm far from that right now, and it's original (obviously with some influences from alot of different movies and games) so I don't have to worry about copyrights.
[/b]
I didn't see your parody comics of El-D, I did vote in the other thread but voted newb!!! anyway because I wanted to :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Apr 28 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]75289[/snapback][/center]
where's my choice for "what other poll?"
[/b]

It's there:
"Because I don't have as much free time as Darein to screw around in Polls."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Apr 29 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]75381[/snapback][/center]
curse... wtf, really
[/b]
someones got a herpe infested cupcake!

aka :spam:

Back