who has more players?

who has more players?

• CounterStriker / CounterStriker Source

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World of Warcraft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 5 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]84832[/snapback][/center]
You can't compare an MMO with an FPS. FPS players come and go. But MMOs Stay a while.
[/b]

I would say cs

i would too. i know it sounds preposterous though but i get the impression that any kid can go out and buy CS and play whereas the credit card is needed in a lot of cases for mmos. yeh i know there are game cards but its still pretty expensive to play an mmo for the average kid

and sitting at a computer playing cs for more than 2-3 hours wreaks havoc on your IQ and temper. CS has by FAR more players than WoW, looking at hours played through xfire doesn't mean much when comparing the two. there are over 7000 dedicated servers for CS:S alone, with a good 500 or so always full with huge communities and random passerby's. plus CS:S only costs i think $20 standalone with no monthly fee or intelligence required to play.

7000 servers of 12 users is only 84000... NOWHERE NEAR WOW, which has 6.5 million users.

Even if you leave space for speculation, it may have some more than that. Because of players coming and going. It can have no more than 200k players. There are not that many people that like FPS, that can play online. Even if it's free.

I like FPS games, I can play online, and I don't have CS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Jun 6 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]85157[/snapback][/center]
(...) or intelligence required to play.
[/b]

yes, but those with more intelligence will pwn more while playing.

do you have to have an xfire account in order for it to log your games played? cause i dont have an xfire account and i know alot of people that play cs:s dont have an xfire account. so would it be accounted for? and i think CS:S has more people hand down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 7 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]85459[/snapback][/center]
I like FPS games, I can play online, and I don't have CS.
[/b]
QFE, CS is the SUCK. I'm sorry, but Counter strike has never ever been a good FPS.

Personally, I always liked Urban Terror 2(Quake 3 mod)

Similar to counter strike, but with a few differences....
5)You need skill to play, in CS aim at their feet and you'll hit them in the head.
4)More mature palyer base. Less 1337 dudes running around.
3)hell of a lot harder to hack and cheat in
2)Smoother graphics

And the number 1 reason why UrT is better then CS?

1) Because the gamplay is 10,000 times better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rehhtahn @ Jul 5 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]92493[/snapback][/center]
QFE, CS is the SUCK. I'm sorry, but Counter strike has never ever been a good FPS.
Okay, just ignore the fact that it's the most played FPS game that is currently out, and has been for years.

5)You need skill to play, in CS aim at their feet and you'll hit them in the head.
If you don't think CS takes skill, you must be dumb.

4)More mature palyer base. Less 1337 dudes running around.
Sure, CS has a lot of immature kids, that's why you only play in servers that you know, or just dont pub at all and just scrim only.

3)hell of a lot harder to hack and cheat in
You got me on this one, but VAC2 has cut down on a lot of cheating compared to a long time ago.

2)Smoother graphics
Graphics doesn't make a game, take CSS for instance, graphics are good but the gameplay is nothing like cs1.6

[/b]

And for the person who said CS:S only has 7000 servers dont forget that 70% of the counterstrike population (majority being the people that know how undeveloped CS:S is) still play 1.6 because the hitboxes in CS:S lag...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Jun 6 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]85157[/snapback][/center]
and sitting at a computer playing cs for more than 2-3 hours wreaks havoc on your IQ and temper. CS has by FAR more players than WoW, looking at hours played through xfire doesn't mean much when comparing the two. there are over 7000 dedicated servers for CS:S alone, with a good 500 or so always full with huge communities and random passerby's. plus CS:S only costs i think $20 standalone with no monthly fee or intelligence required to play.
[/b]

passersby

Back