Which SWG profession was dicked over the most?

Which SWG profession was dicked over the most?

• Smuggler

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Bounty Hunter

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Bio Engineer

• Carbineer

• Musician/Dancer

• Squad Leader

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Commando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Pistoleer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chef

• Image Designer

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
G

Okay there are only 10 slots so I left out profs that obviously got preferential treatment. And for those that are going to whine that profs that obviously got preferential treatment from the start like jedi or rifleman or something like that should be on here, just shut the hell up ;).

Last edited:
BE and CH are now in their own ways back. BE is much more complex and interesting now than it was before. CH did get screwed since BM is more simple than CH in some ways. In others it's kinda cool.

I voted for Image Designer. Why? Every other major profession has had something positive done for it since the NGE. Image Designer hasn't had anything done to it since the CU, and then it was to add silly holograms that no one hardly ever uses. No new graphics have been given to characters in what 3 years now? No real new content in about that time either. To me, they've been screwed the most. They're just quiet about it.

BE is much more complex and interesting now than it was before.

I was watching my friend Jdeere play and he had some crazy pets being made in Incubation tanks. It looked pretty fucking awesome.

But I voted Smuggler. I grinded Master Smuggler twice and never got to smuggle!

Most people say smuggler however i see the damage echinus and sammy did with pistoleer/smuggler, just needed to play it well.

However Commando was just usless unless u was trying to out damage someone on krayts lol

I say ID. Everything else listed got some love, whether anyone loved it or not. ID's been left alone for far too long.

Combatwise I will have to say none altho some specials were broken and needed to be fixed. What most ppl didnt understand about Pre-CU combat system was no single proffession other than Jedi ofcourse was stand alone sufficient. Combat proffessions were mainly seperated into 2 categories being defensive and offensive. The system with 250 skill points allowed ppl to make a template of their own to suit their tastes and combat style and still be quite deadly if they know what they are doing. The FoTM templates are actually an undeniable proof to this. The constant whining becoz ppl wanted an easy I win button and not being able to understand how to work their proffessions finally brought the dramatic end of the SWG we all loved.

I picked rifleman/TKA not becoz it was the best but it suited my style and my nature. When i checked for the first and last time Rifleman forums everyone was whining for something yet it didnt stop me pickling it up and mastering the proffession. Even tho the proffession was thought to be superior how many rifleman you can remember who were deadly, not too many were there. Spyff was the only other rifleman who were at par with me. He was my tutor and i learnt a lot from him. The other good rifleman of the server were not too many aswell, I can count all of them here, same with every other proffession, there were stars who knew their proffessions and the rest whiny crowd who picked proffs just coz some other guy used it well. When Zhorx decided to show how strong swordsman was ppl argued with him and then when he showed what a good swordsman can do, it became an other FoTM template.

When i returned back to play Thehoodedone there was an other smilar argument that jedi was inferior against melee classes which was wrong, it was all about ppl not knowing the system well and then complaining.

CH got boned the most, no doubt, no question.

Followed by Smuggler, than ID, than Commando.

Yeah I realized right after posting that I forgot CH :p.

But as for the comments about smuggler. I like to think I was one of the best combat smugglers. At least I could say I knew how to play it correctly like hakan was talking about. But that profession was just too dicked over from the start. Pretty much everyone you ever hear about who was badass as smuggler, myself included, the people who say that were thinking of the early days before all the nerfs and before composite armor use became widespread. Once uber buffs and really good composite armor became standard wear; I don't care what kind of gun you are using or what attacks you did, you are not killing anyone. Even if for some reason your opponent decides to just stand there and let you attack, after 10 minutes of chisseling down 2000 health at 5 points at a time, they'll just quickly heal themself, laugh at you, and wipe you out in 5 seconds with some kind of armor piercing attack that does like 100 times more damage than yours focusing on the unhealable mind bar. And I say this as someone who played smuggler for 2 years and had some of the best pistols on the server. Smugglers had one thing that made them badass for like the first 3 or 4 months of the game and that is panic shot and low blow; but then of course they nerfed the shit out of that by introducing a timer and limiting you to one knockdown attack per minute.

In the later days of smuggler, the only way that I could ever kill anyone is by stacking mind disease pistols I found. I had found 7 rare geo pistols with >10 mind poison and I always cycled through them all at the beginning of every fight.

RANGER!!!

So much potential. But all we had was a harvesting bonus, a tiny creature 'to hit' bonus, some big camps, 2 traps that didn't work, crap camo kits and a very flawed tracking ability.

Even with all the problems, I thought the coolest thing they could've added would've been a small "ranger hunting shack" that could be placed on the no-build adventure planets.

Ranger could have been badass for hunting jedi's back in the day with a few simple additions. Like ability to check records of shuttleports and who rode them where. Also maybe hunting dogs that could track scents of a specific player at a limited range.

Like I said no single proff was stand alone sufficient. One day when I was still in Elite Samsonyte came, we were hanging around Coronet SP. He first beat Silth who was a rifleman then he beat Reek then to my suprise he beat Spyff, all 3 of them were rifleman and Spyff was not an ordinary rifleman. When I saw he took down all 3 of my guildmates I decided to fight him and I challanged him saying I fight for Faction points. The first fight took like 10 secs for me and Samsonyte told me he was never beaten that fast by anyone. Then he asked me an other fight, this time I used kiting technique and this one took like a min.

I dont know what his exact template was but he was a pistoleer.

I would have voted Creature Handler had it been an option.
Smuggler had it's nerfs and loads of untapped potential.
Teras Kasi was knocked down real bad.
Image designer was a profession I think they just threw in there to give players an in-game character creation wizard and to give the type of people that enjoy that kind of thing something to do.

Back