Votes: 0 0.0%
  • America

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Europe

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
I know that if one look in each and everyones profile, one can see where people come from, but not everyone (plus it takes time).
I was curious and wanted to put it all together here :)

So...
Which continent are you from?
What country/state?
What is most typical for your country in your opinion? (Peoples personality, food, religion, culture etc)

You can find a map here if you are interested in having a looksy.

Im from Sweden in the northern parts of Europe :)
(A lot of Americans mistake it for Switzerland for some odd reason. I guess it's because they both start with an 'S' :p^_^ )

Last edited:
I'm from Japan.
Kyoto Prefecture in the Kinki Region of Honshu (name of largest island).
Typical... Electronics... even homeless have an mp3 player or a portable USB harddrive :p

Heh, the "American" continent. I would like to see what Farid says about that. :lol:

From Oklahoma......

Not sure about most peoples opinions on a national level but here in OK we are a pretty laid back group of people. A lot of us own firearms and most of us hunt. Lots of farmland and cattle ranches. Country music and rodeo's.

Heh, the "American" continent. I would like to see what Farid says about that. :lol:
What about it? :) America can be devided in North and South America when it comes to continents (and often are), but can also be put up as one. Both are 'correct' ;)
Though, there are actually 7 continents if one split them all up, but I didnt think that we had any Wanderhomies from Antarctic :p
Largest first
-smallest last:
Asia
Africa
North America
South America
Antarctic
Europe
Australia

Some more info can be found here

Last edited:
I am from SW Virginia. There are a bunch of hicks here but I'm not one of them! I don't even have a southern accent. :p

To answer whats typical for Sweden...hmm...
People tend to come out as abit stiff and stale, but as soon as you get to know them they are honest, warm and friendly, and usually helpfull. A Swede tend to be humble and modest, and doesn't brag about things.
(Unless you go to our capital Stockholm :p ).

Something that is typical for Sweden is Midsummer, and our Maypole. The maypole is a fertility symbol from the old times (It's a cock to be upfront about it) that we dance around at Midsummer ;) ^_^

As for food, Id say Swedish meatballs, but 'Jansons frestelse' (=Janson's temptation) and 'surströmming' (=sour harring) is an even more typical tradition for a Swede to eat at special/certain occations.

All I can think of right now :)

Added: We are also known for the Midnight sun. Up in the northern parts of Sweden it is bright 24/7 during the summer. And in teh middle of the summer the sun doesnt go down under the horizon at all. This is a 'fenomena' that many turists come and look at. It's beautiful! Look at this site for some pics down at the bottom :)

More info/trivia about the northern parts of Sweden here

Added: Religion - Sweden is considdered a christian country, but it is nothing that people really talk a lot about. People very rarely go to church. In Sweden people tend to look at you funny if you go to church at other times then Christmas or for a wedding/baptism. Religion is not something that is spoken highly of, nor the other way around really. It is rather accepted to have other beliefs then the 'regular christian', still not something one can say outloud in just any crowd.
Most Swedes are afraid to say that they are proud to be Swedes, because they are so afraid that they will be considdered a razist.

Last edited:
Which continent are you from?
What country/state?
What is most typical for your country in your opinion? (Peoples personality, food, religion, culture etc)

North America
USA/Connecticut

The area overall tends to be over-acheievers working their tails off for little reward. My city is a bit snobbish.

We have a ton of Chinese restaurants and pizza places. Can't go more than five feet without finding another one. We also have a bit of Thai food, which is different than most of the other towns I've lived in. Most of the area is Christian, but sadly people are turning away from Church and God more and more. Culture is a mixed pot. We tend to be over-polite with our pleases and thank yous, yet rude and apathetic when it really comes down to it. Customer Service is almost un-heard of.

I am Turkish in origin, my father was a Turkish Cypriot, my mother turkish. I was born in London so I carry 3 passports. I lived and worked in many places around the world and I had no trouble of making friends wherever I go despite the common belief that everyone hates turks. :p

Now I live in Istanbul but I still have an intention to move to States, I just need to sell some land first that I inherited. Nationalities doesnt make a difference for me, I judge ppl for their actions not where they were born.

I am Turkish in origin, my father was a Turkish Cypriot, my mother turkish. I was born in London so I carry 3 passports. I lived and worked in many places around the world and I had no trouble of making friends wherever I go despite the common belief that everyone hates turks. :p

Now I live in Istanbul but I still have an intention to move to States, I just need to sell some land first that I inherited. Nationalities doesnt make a difference for me, I judge ppl for their actions not where they were born.

Good lcuk getting a Visa.

Lets see.......

Buffalo is in western New York along lake Erie (one of the great lakes) We are very much a blue collar region even though most manufacturing companies left the state (some of the highest taxes in the nation....bad for business) We are well known for our Chicken Wings and Pizza (our pizza is a cross between New York city and Chicago styles) Funy enough in Buffalo we have 3 things on every corner (kinda like tiv) Pizza joints, Bars and churches :p

People are friendly here and we love our sports teams....even though they never have won a Stanley cup or Lombardi trophy.

And before you ask YES it gets cold here and YES we get blizzards but we have some awesome skiing areas and during the summer it is comfortable and warm...not humid and hot.

I have traveled around this country (America) and I have to say I like this area the best...unfortunately there is not much work in this area for professionals so many people my age (generation X) are leaving for greener pastures. I was lucky and landed a good job so I ended up coming back here.

Well thats it i could go on but that would lead to a rant.....I don't feel like ranting......

Lets see.......

Buffalo is in western New York along lake Erie (one of the great lakes) We are very much a blue collar region even though most manufacturing companies left the state (some of the highest taxes in the nation....bad for business) We are well known for our Chicken Wings and Pizza (our pizza is a cross between New York city and Chicago styles) Funy enough in Buffalo we have 3 things on every corner (kinda like tiv) Pizza joints, Bars and churches :p

People are friendly here and we love our sports teams....even though they never have won a Stanley cup or Lombardi trophy.

And before you ask YES it gets cold here and YES we get blizzards but we have some awesome skiing areas and during the summer it is comfortable and warm...not humid and hot.

I have traveled around this country (America) and I have to say I like this area the best...unfortunately there is not much work in this area for professionals so many people my age (generation X) are leaving for greener pastures. I was lucky and landed a good job so I ended up coming back here.

Well thats it i could go on but that would lead to a rant.....I don't feel like ranting......

My experiences in Buffalo had let to think that it is NOT a friendly town! Then again, I was usually wearing a Jets jersey at that the time. :)

Back