Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crafting

• RP

• Bug/Glitch free

• Total voters
It isn't just one thing. I look for a combination of good things, and I think that is the problem. MOST people don't just want pvp, pve, crafting, rp or a game to be smooth - they want most of that.

Personally I look for pve, crafting, rp and a good local community.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 6 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]114040[/snapback][/center]
It isn't just one thing. I look for a combination of good things, and I think that is the problem. MOST people don't just want pvp, pve, crafting, rp or a game to be smooth - they want most of that.

Personally I look for pve, crafting, rp and a good local community.
[/b]

yeah im about 70% pvp but i need something to do for a change sometimes.

Can't really vote as it's a multiple of things. I think if a game leans to hard in one direction it's not really fun and out lives it's longetvity.

Key things I look for when I start an MMO...

-Community
-Story background (is the "world" developed, something it can expand on)
-Class developement & usefulness
-Content
-Distractions (i.e. guild development)

Stuff like that.

The main reason i didn't put community on the list is because this is wanderhomies. The entire foundation of this website is that no matter where we go, what we do, there's alot of love in this community (often most easily seen between the most bitter enemies here). I think the community is what keeps almost everyone in game. I just didn't want to see

Community 47
PvP 6
PvE 6
RP 2
write in: community 48 :p

:)

<3 WH :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Sep 6 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]114098[/snapback][/center]
Can't really vote as it's a multiple of things. I think if a game leans to hard in one direction it's not really fun and out lives it's longetvity.

Key things I look for when I start an MMO...

-Community
-Story background (is the "world" developed, something it can expand on)
-Class developement & usefulness
-Content
-Distractions (i.e. guild development)

Stuff like that. [/b]
i basically agree with all of this apart from i dont want to play another fantasy MMO for the rest of my life. thanks wow

-Depth.
-A wide variety of paths to choose from.
-The ability to PVE or PVP or craft or just sit around and chat as I see fit.
-The tools with which to make my own content from day to day (Prepackaged content will NEVER keep me satiated. If I can easily make my own, I'll be a happy bunny and never bored).
-PVP that depends on cunning, not on what kind of food I've eaten.
-Community interdependence.
-Shorter grind with an immersive endgame (my dream).

None of what you listed, my two would be:

-Flexability of character (Do not force me down one path and not allow me to change my skills whenever I want)

-Player run economy (Kill, Loot, Repeat is a child's game next to the economic and social requiements to "succeed" in a game with an open economy)

Leveling up should not be a laborious chore.

Strangely enough, I enjoyed being in grinding groups in SWG more than doing quests in EQ2 and in the NGE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Sep 7 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]114327[/snapback][/center]
Leveling up should not be a laborious chore.

Strangely enough, I enjoyed being in grinding groups in SWG more than doing quests in EQ2 and in the NGE.
[/b]
Grinding groups were fun as a jedi because you knew at any point you could be attacked by a BH, also it was fun to just hang out with your friends while grinding tbh. I really hate level based MMOs and it seems like thats all there is now :\

i look at tits first, then ass, then..
huh?

yeah, i didnt read the whole topic. Why?

oh! Really?

What a dumb topic. sorry for just jumping into the dark like that.

I agree with Shaggz. I look for hot guys that play the game near me. That way when the game starts sucking like SWG, I have potential ass to keep me amused :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 7 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]114479[/snapback][/center]
I agree with Shaggz. I look for hot guys that play the game near me. That way when the game starts sucking like SWG, I have potential ass to keep me amused :lol:
[/b]
:lol:

I look for a combonation of storyline and gameplay.

For storyline I personally usaly prefer sci fi over fantasy games jsut a personal preference but any game with a decent story to it could be cool. If there is no story to it just not as much fun and any RP is kinda thrown out the window.

For gameplay I look for somehtign that is not overly buggy or poorly designed.
I want a game where any PVP is optional and not forced.
I want a game where theres benefits to being in a group but where you can do meaniful things without having to track one down.
I like for there to be elements of the game that does not require combat and goes beyond it such as crafting, player housing etc.

Every MMO seems to have its ups and downs none of them are everything Id hope for.

Back