What do you do on the National Day for your country?

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
I was just wondering what you all do on the National Day for your country?

"The National Day is a designated date on which celebrations mark the nationhood of a country. Often the National Day will be a national holiday...
...The National Day is often taken as the date on which a state or territory achieved independence.
"

Here you can see when different countries has their day.

Sweden
: has it today, 6th of June. And it's called The Flag Day as well as the National Day. Here is some more info on why it was 'founded' and you can also hear
The Swedish National Anthem

Sadly, people don't celebrate it that much here, there are hardly any traditions. In our capital there are some traditions and the royal house is involved. But the common man dont really do that much. I think this has a background in Swedes being afraid to be called nationalists and rasists. I find this very unfortunate since (imho) there isn't anything wrong about being a nationalist as long as you still respect others and their traditions.

Anyway, I want to start some new traditions of my own, so I thought I might get inspired from you people :) So back to the question, what do you do on your national holiday? :)

Last edited:
Ours is St Georges Day, but we don't get a holiday on it which is ghey.

Some guy who slayed a dragon in the name of the King, blah, blah.

I guess you are reffering to July 4th here in the US (may be wrong but oh well gonna roll with it anyways). Most major cities have fireworks displays followed with the National Anthem, some of us shoot of our own fireworks (as well as watch the fireworks shows), we cook out, drink beer, wave flags, go to baseball games, and basically celebrate our independance. Lots of pageantry.......

anyways here is a little information on the flag, the 4th of July in general and some other stuff. http://www.pbs.org/capitolfourth/flag.html

Last edited:
I guess you are reffering to July 4th here in the US (may be wrong but oh well gonna roll with it anyways). Most major cities have fireworks displays followed with the National Anthem, some of us shoot of our own fireworks (as well as watch the fireworks shows), we cook out, drink beer, wave flags, go to baseball games, and basically celebrate our independance. Lots of pageantry.......

anyways here is a little information on the flag, the 4th of July in general and some other stuff. http://www.pbs.org/capitolfourth/flag.html

Couldn't of said it any better.

nothing says american holiday like getting drunk and blowing shit up

Throw in some BBQ in there and spot on. And by BBQ, I mean the noun, not the verb.

Yeah, We have Bombfire night in the UK, which is like that.
Think he is referring to the Bonfire :) (Just happens to sound like bombfire :p )
Or? :)

didnt even know we had one
:)

Yup :)

Last edited:
Back