Weird dream/nightmare

Darein

Retired SWG Bounty Hunter
I had this weird dream last night. Some skinny black guy lost his chance for a job, like I did (same job went to someone else), and he tried hugging me for comfort. So I held him for a bit, and as I did so... HE STABBED ME in the gut.

I guess that's what I get for being nice. :(

I don't really like hugs much myself, but, well, he was distraught!

If I didn't hug him he might've done something crazy, like stabbing someone... oh wait...

Stab
To dream that you have been stabbed, signifies your struggle with power. You may be experiencing feelings of inadequacy and defensiveness. Alternatively, you may be feeling betrayed as the popular phrase goes, "being stabbed in the back".
To dream that you stab someone, indicates your fear of betrayal and your untrusting nature. You may be too much on the defensive.

Hugging
To dream that you are hugging someone, symbolizes your loving and caring nature. You are holding someone or something close to your heart. Alternatively, it may indicate your need to be more affectionate.

Copied that from this site http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

So either someone you care about will stab you in the back, or you're not wearing the pants in your relationship with your girl/boy friend.

Forgot one key word he typed. Skinny black guy. There is no black guy in the dream dictionary lol but there is thin.

Thin
To dream that something or someone is thin, represents a lack strength or integrity. You feel that you are unable to hold your own or stand up for yourself. Alternatively, the dream suggests flexibility and agility. You are able to adapt in any situation.

So the skinny black guy is a reflection of you who was feeling weak after losing his chance for a job. You tried to cheer yourself up by hugging the skinny black guy but it didn't make you feel better which was illustrated as the skinny black guy stabs you in the gut. ;p

So I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and guess that right now you are in charge of taking care of something or someone. The loss of this job opportunity makes you feel unable to care for whatever it is so you feel weak and inadequate.

Yeah, it's something like that. I do remember also he was shirtless as well as skinny, like a starving African. (I, however, was not shirtless in the dream.) I can't remember what the 3rd party in the dream was like, but I think there was another "presence", not to sound supernatural-ish.

Here's a few more for laughs, relevant to my dream...

Blade
To see a blade in your dream, suggests that you are making some difficult and important decisions. You need to be able to make clear distinctions between your choices. It also indicates that you are walking on a thin line and need to balance aspects of your life carefully.
Knife
To dream that you are carrying a knife, signifies anger, aggression and/or separation. There may be something in your life that you need to cut out and get rid of. Alternatively, the knife may be symbolic of something divisive in your life. You may be attempting to cut ties or sever some relationship.
To see a dull knife in your dream, denotes that your hard work is accompanied by little or no gain.
To dream that you are wounded by a knife, is symbolic of masculine or animalistic aggression.
To see an electric knife in your dream, indicates your power to get down to the truth of a situation quickly.
Guts
To see guts in your dream, represents fortitude, strength, and stamina. Consider the common phrase "you have a lot of guts"
Got some of that, I suppose. Maybe I need some more of it?

Stomach
To see your own stomach in your dream, suggests the beginning of new changes in your life. The dream may highlight your difficulties with accepting these changes. It is also indicative of how you can no longer tolerate or put up with a particular situation, relationship, or person. The stomach is often seen as the center of emotions.
Stabbed in stomach/guts...

Shirt
To dream of a shirt, refers to your emotions or some emotional situation. The shirt you wear reveals your attitude and level of consciousness about a particular situation.
To dream that you are giving a shirt to someone, may be a metaphor or "giving the shirt off your back" and refers to your self-sacrifice and generosity.
To dream that you are shirtless or that you lost your shirt, signifies financial worry, monetary lost or risky endeavor.
So I went with the negative option again, because it was an overall negative dream.

Topless
To dream that you are topless, signifies your way of showing and exhibiting love. You may be inviting love toward your direction.
Another way of saying "shirtless". Which, as I was saying, this dude was. (My secret ring power is heart.)

Violence
To see violence in your dream, indicates unexpressed anger or rage. You need more discipline in your life. If you enjoy the violence, then it points to your aggressive tendencies. The dream may also reflect repressed memories of child abuse. In particular, to dream of violence to yourself, represents self punishment and guilt. You may be feeling helpless or vulnerable in some area of your life. Violence toward others in your dream, suggests that you may be fighting or struggling against aspects of your own Self.
Bolded that last bit, since like most of these "definitions", it's rather ambiguous. Still, amazing how some of it hits home.

Alright, I hope we have all of that out of our system. :p

All of this supposed stabbing myself and hugging myself stuff, is making me think I could have bigger problems...

Last edited:
I only remembered it because I woke up in the middle of it. Most days, I don't remember what I was dreaming about.

Although I vaguely recall last night, I dreamed that my new headphones I bought to replace my old ones also got a weak connection, and were basically throw-aways. And this merely a week or two after I bought them.

But I'm wearing the new pair right now and they are just fine. Naturally this symbolizes my insecurity in buying the same exact model of headphones, because it took over a year for the first pair to have problems, they were decently cheap, and because this set is so darn comfortable. But, I still hated having to replace them.

(If you are interested in the set, they are Cyber Acoustics AC-401, and apparently the volume control shown in the picture in that link isn't completely accurate since on both my headsets it's rounded. Also, the problem I had was with the cable connection where the cable terminates into the headset.)

Last edited:
Back