Vanaguard ?>

BananaMan

screenshot00035yp1.jpg

screenshot00021hk7.jpg

screenshot00018nh2.jpg

What do you think?

Damn it I need to get to thestria so i can paly with you guys... I'm stuck in Japan Land !!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Jan 8 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]138580[/snapback][/center]
hooray for EQ2 2 :p
[/b]

Deceptive to the eye,

1. No Zonig, All one Big World, Freedom of SWG, 3 Massive Continents
2. Unique Talent / Attribute System.
3. Factional PvP.
4. None Instanced Housing, Guild etc
5. Crafting System so advanced it makes EQ 2's look basic.
6. Flying Mounts
7. Boats
8. Unique Lore, and Story.
9. No Instances
10. No Instances
11. No Instances

Oh and again no stupid Zones

BTw, Its Banana on Maddys PC.

Botom line, it's like me taking SWG, making some improvements to gameplay onnly, and then redistributing it as a game called Battle for the Galaxy. The graphics are identical to EQ2 in Vanguard. I can't play Vanguard and think that I'm playing a different game, when in fact all i see is EQ2, no matter how different it is gameplay wise from eq2

Looks like a pile of shit. It may be good but I'm so sick of fantasy type games it ain't even funny anymore.

Oh yeah it kinda looks like Oblivion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 9 2007, 01:07 AM) [snapback]138608[/snapback][/center]
Looks like a pile of shit. It may be good but I'm so sick of fantasy type games it ain't even funny anymore.

Oh yeah it kinda looks like Oblivion
[/b]

heh i just happened to be talking to an old swg guildee on xfire last night and i made the point that about the only thing keeping swg going was that it is the only major company backed space style mmorpg ...as much as i detest star trek ( other than the original t.v. show ) if the star trek mmorpg is well done i may very well find myself there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Jan 8 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]138620[/snapback][/center]
heh i just happened to be talking to an old swg guildee on xfire last night and i made the point that about the only thing keeping swg going was that it is the only major company backed space style mmorpg ...as much as i detest star trek ( other than the original t.v. show ) if the star trek mmorpg is well done i may very well find myself there
[/b]
I agree with that. Want a space fantasy game to play for a while. The elf, gnome, halfling, barbarian type thing is getting a little old. I hope that Star Trek or Stargate are going to be worth the time to play......

For Banaman,

It may have good features. It may have good graphics. It may be one of the best games around.

But in my PC it runs really slow... Slideshow, with an 8 second delay between pics... No matter if it's empty. No matter if all graphics are in their lower settings.

And still there is NO CSR capable of telling the truth.

EQ2 has good competent customer service that play the game and know what they are talking about (At least those that I have spoken to). My question is, why not employ the same for Vanguard? Are they willing to make the same error they did with SWG?

I got EQ2 set to max settings on everything, performance is wicked. No hindrance by the textures as before.

so no zoning at all? like you said 3 massive continents...dont need to load between them?

like swg had zoning between planets and stuff..

also for pvp is it always pvp between faction? or do you have to like go overt?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Jan 9 2007, 03:21 AM) [snapback]138622[/snapback][/center]
I agree with that. Want a space fantasy game to play for a while. The elf, gnome, halfling, barbarian type thing is getting a little old. I hope that Star Trek or Stargate are going to be worth the time to play......
[/b]

tbh i forgot about startgate and would probably fell much more comfortable in that mmorpg than star trek... ill admit im only a casual follower of the series but i trust someone could help me find my way ..when i looked at their site it really looked wonderful ..now maybe if the gameplay can match the graphics huh hehe .. i like the fantasy genre and all but dammit sometimes i just wanna blow shit up lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Jan 8 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]138603[/snapback][/center]
Botom line, it's like me taking SWG, making some improvements to gameplay onnly, and then redistributing it as a game called Battle for the Galaxy. The graphics are identical to EQ2 in Vanguard. I can't play Vanguard and think that I'm playing a different game, when in fact all i see is EQ2, no matter how different it is gameplay wise from eq2
[/b]

If those graphics look identical to EQ2 you need a new video card. Yes its true that this game does improve on all of the areasEQ2 was lacking in. When windows XP came out you stopped using windows 98 and eventually upgraded didnt you?

But iirc eq2 graphics at max still can't be played on todays machines...

WoW graphics > EQ2 graphics regardless :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ruler-jimbo @ Jan 8 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]138652[/snapback][/center]
so no zoning at all? like you said 3 massive continents...dont need to load between them?

like swg had zoning between planets and stuff..
also for pvp is it always pvp between faction? or do you have to like go overt?
[/b]

No Zoning, Pure open Ocean.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Jan 8 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]138740[/snapback][/center]
But iirc eq2 graphics at max still can't be played on todays machines...

WoW graphics > EQ2 graphics regardless :p
[/b]
So you prefer ATARI over SNES?

Back