Top 10 players of all time!

Tutok

I'd like to see who each of you think are the top 10 players (in order) of your favorite team.

Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer (Yeah I said soccer. In America we call it Soccer and since America = most powerufl nation in the world, it is called soccer)

So here is my list for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

1. Derrick Brooks (9 time consecutive pro-bowler, 2002 Defensive MVP)
2. Lee Roy Selmon (The first great player in Bucs history and the only current Buccaneer in the Hall of Fame)
3. Hardy Nickerson (6 time pro-bowler and the only good player on many many horrible Bucs teams of the early 90's)
4. Warren Sapp (1999 Defensive MVP, 7 time probowler for the bucs. He was a bit overrated in his later years with the Bucs, but his constant double-teaming and trashtalking make him one of the best)
5. Mike Alstott
6. Simeon Rice
7. Paul Gruber (Best linemen ever in Bucs history)
8. Mark Carrier (3 time pro-bowl wide receiver for the Bucs in the late 80's/early 90's)
9. John Lynch
10. Brad Johnson

Honorable Mention:

Doug Williams
Tony Mayberry
Warrick Dunn
Ronde Barber
Ricky Bell

The one's the Bucs shouldn't have let go:

1. Steve Young
2. John Lynch

The Fuck You award:

Bo Jackson (Was picked #1 overrall by the Bucs in 1987, but didn't want to play for the Yucks, so he sat out a year. I was thrilled his career only lasted 2 years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Jan 22 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]32899[/snapback][/center]
Lol.

Detroit Lions:
1. Barry Sanders
2. There is no one else.
[/b]

and he did it with a shitty o-line.

Herman Moore was decent for the Lions though

STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS
way too many greats to think of but i'll try to narrow it down TO A TOP 10

Terry Bradshaw
Franco Harris
Joe Greene
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth
Jack Lambert
Mike Webster
Mel Blount
Jack Ham
Jerome Bettis

and many others such as:
Antwaan Randle El
Hines Ward
Greg Lloyd
Kevin Greene
Gary Anderson
Kendrell Bell
Ben Roethlisbeger
Joel Steed
Tommy Maddox
Kordell Stewart
Neil O'Donnell
Mike Tomczak
Duce Staley
Rod Woodson
Barry Foster
Chad Scott
Jason Gildon
Carnell Lake
Lee Flowers
Troy Polamalu
Merril Hoge
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Joey Porter
Mike Merriweather
Kimo von Oelhoffen
Byron "Bam" Morris
Ernie Stautner
Plaxico Burress
Louis Lipps
Chad Brown
Levon Kirkland

BEST OF EM ALL (cuz they never would be the team they are today without him):

Arthur J. Rooney

Liverpool fc

1 Kenny Delglish:greatest player to put the shirt on
2 Ian Rush:King Kenny stirike partner
3 Steve Gerrard:The power behind the current team
4 John Barnes:A brillient left winger
5 Bill Shankley: The man who dragged us from 2nd Division of English football to verge of being Champions of Europe
Bob Paisley: The man who took us over that verge and won 3 Europion Championships
6 Rafa Beneitez: the man who lead us to our 5 Europion Championship back on May 25th 2005 in Istanbul(the greatest night of my life)
7 Robbie Fowler: A top Striker during the lean years
8 Alan Hansen: Defender who could read minds
9 Mark Lawrenson: Along with Hanson formed the best defence of the 80s
10 Michael Owen: Better than that fat turd Roony

Honorable Mention:Any player and fan who has ever put our great shirt on

YNWA

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ Jan 22 2006, 02:36 AM) [snapback]33004[/snapback][/center]
Liverpool fc

1 Kenny Delglish:greatest player to put the shirt on
2 Ian Rush:King Kenny stirike partner
3 Steve Gerrard:The power behind the current team
4 John Barnes:A brillient left winger
5 Bill Shankley: The man who dragged us from 2nd Division of English football to verge of being Champions of Europe
Bob Paisley: The man who took us over that verge and won 3 Europion Championships
6 Rafa Beneitez: the man who lead us to our 5 Europion Championship back on May 25th 2005 in Istanbul(the greatest night of my life)
7 Robbie Fowler: A top Striker during the lean years
8 Alan Hansen: Defender who could read minds
9 Mark Lawrenson: Along with Hanson formed the best defence of the 80s
10 Michael Owen: Better than that fat turd Roony

Honorable Mention:Any player and fan who has ever put our great shirt on

YNWA
[/b]

Texas Longhorns
1.Earl Campbell
2.Major Applewhite
3.Vince Young
4.Eric Metcalf
5.Roy Williams
6.Derrick Johnson
7.Ricky Williams
8.Nathan Vasher
9.Priest Holmes
10.Cedric Benson

11. plus everyone who ever played for the longhorns other than that Chris Simms faggot. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aliamere @ Jan 23 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]33813[/snapback][/center]
Texas Longhorns
1.Earl Campbell
2.Major Applewhite
3.Vince Young
4.Eric Metcalf
5.Roy Williams
6.Derrick Johnson
7.Ricky Williams
8.Nathan Vasher
9.Priest Holmes
10.Cedric Benson

11. plus everyone who ever played for the longhorns other than that Chris Simms faggot. :lol:
[/b]

Nik his names not Byrom "bam" Morris anylonger-- its Byron locked up for marijuana Morris.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Jan 22 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]32899[/snapback][/center]
Lol.

Detroit Lions:
1. Barry Sanders
2. There is no one else.
[/b]
Barry Sanders will forever be the best RB of all time in my mind. Third all-time on rushing yards and he has the most negative yards of any RB. If he had Emmitt's O-Line you wouldn't have ever heard of Emmitt Smith. To put it in prospective, Barry quit when he was 30, he had at least another good 5 seasons in him and he was just shy of 1,500 yards to Sweetness' record. And not to meantion with all his negative yards he still averaged 5.2 yards/per carry career.

BEST BACK OF ALL TIME = Barry Sanders, hands down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ Jan 21 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]32896[/snapback][/center]
The Fuck You award:

Bo Jackson (Was picked #1 overrall by the Bucs in 1987, but didn't want to play for the Yucks, so he sat out a year. I was thrilled his career only lasted 2 years.
[/b]

Actually this is the fault of Hugh Culverhouse and no one else.
Culverhouse flew Bo out for a tour of the Bucs facilities after his Senior season (Hesiman trophy winner) at Auburn, when the Bucs were planning on drafting him....but that trip was against NCAA regulations, and as such Bo lost his eligibility for his senior baseball season at Auburn that spring.

Bo...pissed off that the Bucs cost him his senior baseball season, told Culverhouse he would never play for the Bucs and the dumb fucks drafted him anyway.

Bo is one of the greatest athletes of all time....that bonehead move the Bucs made was very typical of the mismanagement that plagued the franchise at that time (ie. Steve Young, Doug Williams etc..)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ Jan 21 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]32896[/snapback][/center]
I'd like to see who each of you think are the top 10 players (in order) of your favorite team.
[/b]

This is a tough list to try and put together:

Top 10 Cowboys of all time:

Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Micheal Irvin
Larry Allen
Roger Staubach
Randy White
Bob Lilly
Bob Hayes
Tony Dorsett
Hershel Walker (only because his trade to the Vikings led directly to 3 Superbowls in 4 years in the 90's)

Honorable mention:

Chuck Howley
Lee Roy Jordan
Don Pekins
Mel Renfro
Rayfield Wright
Cliff Harris
(and Tom Landry)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Micky Bulvaar @ Jan 25 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]34570[/snapback][/center]
Actually this is the fault of Hugh Culverhouse and no one else.
Culverhouse flew Bo out for a tour of the Bucs facilities after his Senior season (Hesiman trophy winner) at Auburn, when the Bucs were planning on drafting him....but that trip was against NCAA regulations, and as such Bo lost his eligibility for his senior baseball season at Auburn that spring.

Bo...pissed off that the Bucs cost him his senior baseball season, told Culverhouse he would never play for the Bucs and the dumb fucks drafted him anyway.

Bo is one of the greatest athletes of all time....that bonehead move the Bucs made was very typical of the mismanagement that plagued the franchise at that time (ie. Steve Young, Doug Williams etc..)
This is a tough list to try and put together:

[/b]

whoa, didn't know that.

Thanks for the history lesson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Jan 24 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]33885[/snapback][/center]
Barry Sanders will forever be the best RB of all time in my mind. Third all-time on rushing yards and he has the most negative yards of any RB. If he had Emmitt's O-Line you wouldn't have ever heard of Emmitt Smith. To put it in prospective, Barry quit when he was 30, he had at least another good 5 seasons in him and he was just shy of 1,500 yards to Sweetness' record. And not to meantion with all his negative yards he still averaged 5.2 yards/per carry career.

BEST BACK OF ALL TIME = Barry Sanders, hands down.
[/b]

It's always hard to compare players of different eras...the game is so different now than it was 30 years ago, even 15 years ago.

Barry was an ultra talented guy, he had moves that were straight up ankle-breakers, maybe the most elusive back ever.
I don't think I'd calll him the best of all time though.

The thing with Barry is, he DID have a pretty good line in front of him, Lomas Brown was amongst the best linemen of his generation.

The problem with Barry is, if the line opened a hole for Barry on a 14 lead lets say, and he could take the rock through there for 4 yards...he wouldn't take it.

He'd cut back, reverse his field 2 times and try to bust the 60 yarder....and its a testament to his ability that he was often able to do it.
He was a very hard guy to block for...'cause he wouldn't necessarily run where the play was designed, he'd improvise.

The thing that limits Barry though, is the same thing that limits Marino and Manning....he's been very very average in the playoffs.

In the 1994 game against GB, he had -1 yrds rushing for the game. In 6 playoff games he managed a total of 1 touchdown. His team lost 5 of the 6 playoff games it played. Is it all his fault? Of course not, but in pro sports, you're measured on one thing....winning.

FWIW,while I don't give Barry the nod as greatest of all time, he's definately in the discussion...which includes the likes of Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith and Earl Campbell (Dickerson and Simpson are in the next tier IMHO).

Anyway, those are the reasons I disagree with Barry as the greatest, but in these things, there's no right or wrong answer, and these discussions are usually a lot of fun.

Yes, Barry was incredibly difficult to block for. Lomas Brown was good, but the rest of the line wasn't great - certainly never close to Dallas' o-line. And he did sometimes lose yardage because of poking around for the big run.

But you really can't judge him on winning in the playoffs. His quarterback was Scott fricking Mitchell. No matter how great Barry is, the teams could shut him down if that was their gameplan. If the Lions had a decent quarterback (ever, ugh) then the opposition couldn't have focused 100% on stopping Barry.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Jan 25 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]34941[/snapback][/center]
Yes, Barry was incredibly difficult to block for. Lomas Brown was good, but the rest of the line wasn't great - certainly never close to Dallas' o-line. And he did sometimes lose yardage because of poking around for the big run.[/b]

Actually Kevin Glover was a hell of a player, a 3 time pro bowler and Jeff Hartings was a two time pro-bowler.

Between Lomas Brown, Glover and Hartings, they have 12 Pro Bowls...thats a pretty damn good line actually.

I'm a Barry fan...really. There has never been another back like him, but I just don't have him as the best of all time.
I'm a Cowboys fan, and as such naturally I like Emmitt (not saying he's the best of all time either, but he deserves a place in the discussion)...and the one thing that gets me, is the notion that Emmitt had a superior line than the one Barry played behind.

They were actually very similar. Edge Cowboys definately, but not by as much as people make it out to be.

No question though that Emmitt had a better QB.
Receivers? Probably edge to Detroit....between Herman Moore, Johnny Morton and Brett Perriman, Detroit was probably deeper than Dallas.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Jan 25 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]34941[/snapback][/center]
But you really can't judge him on winning in the playoffs. His quarterback was Scott fricking Mitchell. No matter how great Barry is, the teams could shut him down if that was their gameplan. If the Lions had a decent quarterback (ever, ugh) then the opposition couldn't have focused 100% on stopping Barry.
[/b]

As I said, I don't think you can put it all on Barry, but things is, when you're your teams best player, their leader, and the league MVP, you gotta step up in the playoffs man.

I agree 100% that Barry can't win games all by himself (though I'd argue that Emmitts done it a couple of times, the famous game vs, the Giants w/ the separated shoulder) but there's no excuse to ever have -1 yards rushing in a playoff game.

Furthermore his personal stats in playoff games are very very ordinary.

May sound like I'm raggin on Barry and that I don't think he's great, that's not it at all, those are just the main reasons I don't think he's #1 all time.

Again, theres no wrong answer...I like these discussions when people can argue their case intelligently, it makes for some fun comparisons.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Micky Bulvaar @ Jan 26 2006, 07:22 AM) [snapback]34806[/snapback][/center]
It's always hard to compare players of different eras...the game is so different now than it was 30 years ago, even 15 years ago.

Barry was an ultra talented guy, he had moves that were straight up ankle-breakers, maybe the most elusive back ever.
I don't think I'd calll him the best of all time though.

The thing with Barry is, he DID have a pretty good line in front of him, Lomas Brown was amongst the best linemen of his generation.

The problem with Barry is, if the line opened a hole for Barry on a 14 lead lets say, and he could take the rock through there for 4 yards...he wouldn't take it.

He'd cut back, reverse his field 2 times and try to bust the 60 yarder....and its a testament to his ability that he was often able to do it.
He was a very hard guy to block for...'cause he wouldn't necessarily run where the play was designed, he'd improvise.

The thing that limits Barry though, is the same thing that limits Marino and Manning....he's been very very average in the playoffs.

In the 1994 game against GB, he had -1 yrds rushing for the game. In 6 playoff games he managed a total of 1 touchdown. His team lost 5 of the 6 playoff games it played. Is it all his fault? Of course not, but in pro sports, you're measured on one thing....winning.

FWIW,while I don't give Barry the nod as greatest of all time, he's definately in the discussion...which includes the likes of Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith and Earl Campbell (Dickerson and Simpson are in the next tier IMHO).

Anyway, those are the reasons I disagree with Barry as the greatest, but in these things, there's no right or wrong answer, and these discussions are usually a lot of fun.
[/b]
1 lineman isn't going to stop a blitz or even be a nearly good rush block. And besides that, everyone knew that Detroit had a 1 sided offense. Through out his career the only stand out player that the Lions had to throw to is Herman Moore. He's a good receiver and all but he's not an elite player.

Besides this isn't really a debate of the time he played, Sanders retired in 2000. Its not like he play 20 years ago it wasn't that long ago when he played. A lot of the guys he played against are still in the league.

None the less I'll revise my statement I suppose. Barry Sanders is the best pure runner the NFL has seen. I'd have to give the best power back award to surprise surprise, Jim Brown.

Comparing the running backs is certainly unfair. However, Barry is only one of two running backs to avergae over 5 yards a carry for his career (Jim Brown was the other, Brown was 5.2, Sanders was 5.0). Yes, granted he didn't stay into his 30s, so you would assume his ypc would go down, but the man still played for 10 years, and all of them were 1000+ yards.

Barry's Stats

So, looking at his stats I think it is easy to see he was the best running back of his era. Marginally better than Emmitt Smith, and certainly better than anyone else on the top 10 rushing list of guys in his era. So now you have to look at Barry's numbers and compare them to the great running backs of other eras. How do you compare them, you ask, as someone pointed out you really can't. Well you can if you don't look at raw stats, you look at how much better that player as compared to others in his own time.

When you compare that, there are 4 players that stand out the most: Jim Brown(late 50s to late 60s), O.J. Simpson(early to late 70s), Walter Payton(late 70s to late 80s), Barry Sanders(late 80s to late 90s).

Now the stats that leap out the most are:
Most years leading the league in rushing
Jim Brown - 8
O.J. Simpson - 4
Barry Sanders - 4
Walter Payton - 3

That and you compare Jim Brown's yards gained as compared to others in his era, and he is far and away the most dominate running back of his era. He dominated it more than the other 3 guys dominated their own eras. So, I would have to say that Jim Brown is the best running back ever.

Going
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
O.J. Simpson
Walter Payton

P.S. I won't get into the Marino / Manning conversation because I believe it is an insult to Marino to even put Manning's name with him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jan 27 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]35051[/snapback][/center]
Comparing the running backs is certainly unfair. However, Barry is only one of two running backs to avergae over 5 yards a carry for his career (Jim Brown was the other, Brown was 5.2, Sanders was 5.0). Yes, granted he didn't stay into his 30s, so you would assume his ypc would go down, but the man still played for 10 years, and all of them were 1000+ yards.

Barry's Stats

So, looking at his stats I think it is easy to see he was the best running back of his era. Marginally better than Emmitt Smith, and certainly better than anyone else on the top 10 rushing list of guys in his era. So now you have to look at Barry's numbers and compare them to the great running backs of other eras. How do you compare them, you ask, as someone pointed out you really can't. Well you can if you don't look at raw stats, you look at how much better that player as compared to others in his own time.

When you compare that, there are 4 players that stand out the most: Jim Brown(late 50s to late 60s), O.J. Simpson(early to late 70s), Walter Payton(late 70s to late 80s), Barry Sanders(late 80s to late 90s).

Jim Brown - 8
O.J. Simpson - 4
Barry Sanders - 4
Walter Payton - 3

That and you compare Jim Brown's yards gained as compared to others in his era, and he is far and away the most dominate running back of his era. He dominated it more than the other 3 guys dominated their own eras. So, I would have to say that Jim Brown is the best running back ever.

Going
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
O.J. Simpson
Walter Payton
P.S. I won't get into the Marino / Manning conversation because I believe it is an insult to Marino to even put Manning's name with him.
[/b]
I agree with your stats but you have to consider the talent evolution of the league from the 50s to the 90s. And the thing that stands out between Jim Brown and Barry Sanders to me is this... Barry Sanders 5'8" 200 lbs., Jim Brown 6'2" 232 lbs.

Barry was a lot shorter and though it doesn't look like a lot, 30 lbs, especially of muscle makes an enormous difference in strength. I guess I just like Barry cause he's the only guy that has joints that don't move with his appendages. He's a little guy that showed he could hang with the big boys and flourish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Jan 26 2006, 08:15 AM) [snapback]35035[/snapback][/center]
1 lineman isn't going to stop a blitz or even be a nearly good rush block. And besides that, everyone knew that Detroit had a 1 sided offense. Through out his career the only stand out player that the Lions had to throw to is Herman Moore. He's a good receiver and all but he's not an elite player.

Besides this isn't really a debate of the time he played, Sanders retired in 2000. Its not like he play 20 years ago it wasn't that long ago when he played. A lot of the guys he played against are still in the league.

None the less I'll revise my statement I suppose. Barry Sanders is the best pure runner the NFL has seen. I'd have to give the best power back award to surprise surprise, Jim Brown.
[/b]

Completely agree that 1 lineman can't make the difference alone...but as my post earlier pointed out, they had 3 Pro-Bowlers on that line, Brown, Hartings and Glover...3 Pro-Bowl linemen does make a good line.

I disagree that Herman Moore was the only standout receiver they had to throw to...and that he wasn't elite.
Herman Moore set an NFL record with 123 receptions in 1995...when you start setting NFL records....I think it's safe to say you're an elite player.
Furthermore, that year in 1995, Brett Perriman had 108 for 1488, setting a record for most receptions and yards by a duo....and we haven't even talked about Johnny Morton.

Agreed that Sanders era is not the issue, but it becomes an issue when comparing him with other backs in other eras.

The point you make about Barry being the best pure runner, it's hard to argue with that.
But again, I'm not sure this makes him the best running back ever...there's more that goes into it than that.

Who has the best highlight reel.....no contest, Barry Sanders. But if you were gonna start a team today, is he the back you'd pick...honestly, I'd say no.
Reasons stated above, but I'd rather have an ultra productive back that runs where the play is designed and gets me the yards the play affords, rather than a Mozart in cleats.

Hey, I might not have a 2,000 yrd back, but I'd also not likely see -1 yrds in a playoff either.

But hey, it's all relative, when you're talking about one of the all time greats it's almost ludicrous to be as critical as I have been of Barry in trying to make these points.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jan 26 2006, 09:12 AM) [snapback]35051[/snapback][/center]

Barry's Stats

Jim Brown - 8
O.J. Simpson - 4
Barry Sanders - 4
Walter Payton - 3

Going
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
O.J. Simpson
Walter Payton
[/b]

Good argument, and while I personally take exception to the exclusion of Emmitt Smith, it's hard to say that you didn't make a good argument for your case.

Don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling that when its all said and done, it'll be Tomlinsons name thats at the top of this list. That guy is just sick.

Re: Manning / Marino I do agree with you, I wasn't meaning to imply they're equals, Marino is the best passer the games ever seen, but I just meant that in both players cases, irrgeardless of whatever the both have achieved, they are both defined by their failure to win a championship.

I ask the same question here I asked earlier...if you were starting a team tomorrow, would Marino be your QB?
Is he the best passer ever? I think so, but is the best QB ever? Not in my book. Theres just more to it than throwing the ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Jan 26 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]35057[/snapback][/center]
I agree with your stats but you have to consider the talent evolution of the league from the 50s to the 90s. And the thing that stands out between Jim Brown and Barry Sanders to me is this... Barry Sanders 5'8" 200 lbs., Jim Brown 6'2" 232 lbs.

Barry was a lot shorter and though it doesn't look like a lot, 30 lbs, especially of muscle makes an enormous difference in strength. I guess I just like Barry cause he's the only guy that has joints that don't move with his appendages. He's a little guy that showed he could hang with the big boys and flourish.
[/b]

/agree

Barry was amazing. A guy his size shouldn't have been able to do what he did....thing is his talent made his size almot irrelevant as no one could ever get a hard shot on him, he was just too elusive.

The amazing thing about Jim Brown is, as good as he was, he freaking retired at 29 years old!
Guy was in his freaking prime when he retired.

And the sick stats he put up, he put em up in 12 games a season, not the 16 the modern guys play.

One guy I always mention when talking about the all-time greats is Bo Jackson.
I am fully aware the guy didn't play long enough to merit consideration as the greatest...but his freakish talent and what he DID accomplish in his short time makes you wonder what might have been.

He's still the only player in NFL history to have 3 TD runs of over 80 yrds...and he only played 4 years.
He was a threat to score every single time he touched the ball.
A guy his size is just not supposed to be able to run as fast as he did.....he still holds the record for the fastest time ever recorded at the scouting combine.....Bo was one sick freak.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Micky Bulvaar @ Jan 27 2006, 02:04 AM) [snapback]35072[/snapback][/center]
Good argument, and while I personally take exception to the exclusion of Emmitt Smith, it's hard to say that you didn't make a good argument for your case.

Don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling that when its all said and done, it'll be Tomlinsons name thats at the top of this list. That guy is just sick.

Re: Manning / Marino I do agree with you, I wasn't meaning to imply they're equals, Marino is the best passer the games ever seen, but I just meant that in both players cases, irrgeardless of whatever the both have achieved, they are both defined by their failure to win a championship.

I ask the same question here I asked earlier...if you were starting a team tomorrow, would Marino be your QB?
Is he the best passer ever? I think so, but is the best QB ever? Not in my book. Theres just more to it than throwing the ball.
[/b]

Unfortuently when you take Emmitt's team and overall stats into consideration he just does not compare to Sanders. He's got the rushing title to his name until LT takes it away from him.

When I look at past records and how much more Brown just crushed defenses, if he was doing it today he would be more famous than any of the current sports celebrities. Shame he went nuts and threw his wife off of a balcony, but he recovered into a mediocre acting career at least. :lol:

Yeah, Manning/Marino....well, I am not a fan of Marino in the least, he is a bit of an arrogant jerk. However, the poor man had absolutely NOTHING around him for years. Fuck Marino got his team to the super bowl in his 2nd bloody season. Not to mention in the few playoff games Marino played in he almost always shined. Manning on the other hand, has yet to have a "quality" playoff game despite all of the tools around him. Though Manning has copied Marino's signature "blame the teammates" speech down pat. :(

Back