The Wanderhome Hall of Fame #63 Sett'bacca

Tutok

#63 Sett'bacca

Sett?bacca

?The lure of creating a Wook toon just seemed to good to me to pass up when I first launched into game. I skipped the first week due to all the launch problems I read about so I didn't land on Korvella, Tatooine until the 2nd week. I didn't really know what to expect this being my first and only mmorpg...but hey, it was Star Wars so I in. Not knowing much about the game I started as a ranged all combat Wookiee....circling straffing my targets until I finally figured out that this wasn't the type of game.

Over the next several months I progressed thru the game until I finally mastered rifleman (the old old fashion way) along with CH as my secondary prof. Decided high end loot hunting was the way for me and made my way out to the Jundland wastes about beyond the dune sea. There I hunted the legendary Krayt Dragon. In amongst my hunting I bumped into a couple of knuckleheads by the names of Fhuzzy and Kaytiorn. We proceeded to beat the stuffing out of Krayts looking for tissue and pocketing the mysterious Krayt Dragon pearl. At the time no one knew of their purpose so we just stock piled them . Later Kaytiorn went off on his path to Jedi and Fhuzzy went off to PvP. After the famous dragon pub I could no longer hunt Krayt the way I previously did so I decided to jump into the world of PvP. After that I did a complete 180 degree turn of play styles never looking back at the npc hunting aspect of the game. Devoted all my efforts and in game time to the Rebellion and full time PvP.

By then Fhuzzy/Zhorx was an established PvP fighter and took time out to show his old Wook buddy a thing or 2 about the world of PvP (well more than a thing or 2, thx Zhorx!) PvP'd solo for a time until one day I saw some Rebs chasing some Imps through Coro. Randomlly I sent the group leader a tell and asked if I could get in on the action. The group quickly invited me in and we took off to find some fighting. I had such a good time I asked Zo'rin Keyes how I could becoming part of this guild ELEET. He said "do you wanna fight with ELEET?" I said...yeah man, I do" He replied "alrighty then, you're in" lol it was just that quick.

The next few months were entirely PvP filled until ELEET disbanded and I jumped on board at the start of AoW. Had a blast while that run lasted until people decided to go their different ways and next ended up with TacD. I had finally found a true home. I've been fighting the good fight with them for quite a while now. Since I started to PvP this game has provided me with some of my favorite gaming moments in all of my 25 yrs of playing video games. I truly regard this as a special game. I've met some great people and made friends on both sides or the war (Gomi has been a great bud of mine despite the fact we've always been on opposite sides of the battle line)

Thx to all my buds that have helped me through the game and all those I had a chance to fight with in ELEET, AOW and TacD....and to the Imperials I have fought against over my great battles, the game wouldn't be the same if you weren't there to make the battles fun.? -Sett?bacca

?He definitely started the trend on everyone going Swordsman? -Syntaxx-Error

?His Powerhammer was **edit**ing disgusting? -Nem

?Sett'bacca keyed the popular 80's phrase "where's the beaf" and was an influential part of operation "jump behind the wookie when the enemy opens fire." god bless sett'bacca and no one else!? -Xanter

?Sett'bacca is god, and his hammer really really hurts. But even without that hammer he would still be kicking everyone's ass. He knows how to play the system, so its not just that weapon.? -Daemien

In regards to the famous feud between Galladel and Sett?bacca.....

?Haha, he always wants everyone to kill Sett first so he can't kill him. Sett has Gally's # thats for sure. He killed him yesterday and was the only jedi to die... That Sett'bacca is bad news bears for Gally? -Lil Hammie

?The Details are sketchy in my head, but I remember once in Coronet we were going to fight the Imperials. We had Sett?bacca on our side and the Imps had Galladel. Right away when Galladel saw we had Sett?bacca, he started running away. Sett?bacca went right through everyone and chased Galladel via burstrun through Coronet until he finally caught him at the Coronet Hotel and killed him with his powerhammer.? -Nem

?I have to say this is THE FUNNIEST matchup ever. No matter what Gally does to make his template better he still has that Nemesis of his, the big wookiee man beast Sett'bacca. I swear every single time I see Sett fight us he always kills Gally. I just wanted to point out that I find it hilarious that Sett is like the only person Gally can't kill.? -Lil Hammie

?LOL I have a screenshot of the Cnet one. You see Gally go "Rebels" then a few seconds later a 4 letter word lol. We all have faced sett's hammer, not quite like gally though.? -El-Diablos

?I don't mean to put the hurt on Gally...really I don't.....he just ends up in the targeting recticle all the time......i don't know why

Take last night for example...Tenel and I go attack the 20 imps in front of the sp even though we know its a lost cause and we'll get smoked but we're just having some fun. Well we rush back to the sp to harass some imps for a few secs before we die and i'm looking for the likes of Lil, El, Daemen or Apolly.....but who is the only cyclable jedi target at the sp? Gally.......the rest of the 10 djks are south of the sp entrance......

And to Gally's credit I just caught him off guard....he didn't even put up force armor until he had about 100 mind left. Had he been prepared, he wouldn't have gone down as quickly as he did. I think no one thought any rebs would attack with a group that size....so we caught a few ppl off guard.

Well thats it, I felt bad enough that he was the only one to die last night, so I won't be going after Gally anymore....for a while at least

BTW, I <3 Gally bigtime...always have. I hope he doesn't really hate me lol? -Sett?bacca

?Of course I don't hate you Sett. Also considering you seem to always kill me in every battle. My vote goes to you for best PvPer.? -Galladel

I thought Sett would of been higher but to me he always was one of the few fighting wookiees when wooks didn't have armor and a class act.

Sett was a bad mofo and a down to earth just plain kick ass guy. I miss the glory days when everyone played SWG back when it was made for adults and not kiddies. Miss ya Sett you big wookiee man beast.

Set is the man no doubt. I remember in the beginning of the game being Timibacca sittin in Kor Vella with nothing to do and another Wook came running up to me just shooting the shizznit. Asked if I wanted to join a group and go on a hunt and I was all about it. It was he and I and some others that headed on out to a durni lair 3k away from Kor Vella. We started hitting durnis left and right and did pretty well, thinking we kicked ass. Then we attacked the lair and bunnies all over came out....it was a horrible site. They had BIG POINTY TEETH!!!! We all started laying down fire and one at my feet....Set yelled, "Switch to pistol! Switch to Pistol!" by that time it was too late and I was down for the count....Set took off running with an army of durni's after him and made it into the river where he met his demise. We all rezed, regrouped, and headed back 3k away and finally finished the mission.

Made about 100crs off that hunt and thought I was the bomb until I got up to the bizzar and realized, I didn't have the cash for that uber CDEF rifle I've been longing for. Good times.

Yeah, I'm surprised he wasn't higher as well. While Sett was always melee and me ranged, I always looked up to him as a Wookiee brother. I only dueled him one time..... i never offered after that. :) He was always looking for a fight. I'd get "Sett'bacca has signed in" and first thing he'd say was usually... "Any PvP going on?".

My funniest memory of him was when Zaric started making uber Wook hunting armor. Sett and I were standing in Coronet and Zaric sent out a gmail to all Wooks who had bought from him before. It said something along the lines of "just put up two sets of hunting armor for those interested". Sett and I didn't even say anything, but the next thing I knew, we had both pulled out our speeders are were promptly heading to Zaric's shop.

Back