• In the home, cooking cleaning and caring for the children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the workplace, supporting the family

• Other, explain

• Total voters

racerxff

I'm not looking for a flamefest, just an opinion.

My girlfriend stays home, although we have no children and I support her getting any job she would enjoy (short of degrading or shady ventures)

I think it depends on what the couple decides. In my case, I support our family. My sister stays home and takes care of her children. My mother shares in the responsibility.

I don't think there is a right or wrong place for a woman.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Aug 14 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]105868[/snapback][/center]
I think it depends on what the couple decides. In my case, I support our family. My sister stays home and takes care of her children. My mother shares in the responsibility.

I don't think there is a right or wrong place for a woman.
[/b]

It depends on the situation

I guess I am kinda old fashioned in the sense that I think they should be at ome, cooking, cleaning and caring for the children. It is the man's duty to support the household. I would rather work 2 jobs to bring in the money to support us then my wife having to work even a part time job. She knows how I feel about her working and knows where I think she should be.

I know it sounds a bit cheuvanistic (sp?) but what I believe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Aug 14 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]105875[/snapback][/center]
I guess I am kinda old fashioned in the sense that I think they should be at ome, cooking, cleaning and caring for the children. It is the man's duty to support the household. I would rather work 2 jobs to bring in the money to support us then my wife having to work even a part time job. She knows how I feel about her working and knows where I think she should be.

I know it sounds a bit cheuvanistic (sp?) but what I believe.
[/b]

I honestly don't think it's chauvenistic. I think chauvenism is more based on how you treat her as a person. If you treat her as an equal still, everything is kosher. I think the problem is when men put women in the kitchen and say they are no where near equal to them. Running a household is a very tough job, and marraige/living together is about making decisions and running things together.

I picked other. Other being whatever they want.

If they want to work, that won't bother me as it is more money comming in for us.
If they want to stay home and take care of the house, that is fine so long as I can make enough to provide for us.
If they want to stay at home and take care of kids, hell that works too.

In nowadays society it is very rare to find a stay at home wife or "trophy wife" as some men would call them. You need two salaries to get by in a family. Granted there are some that can do it and more power too them. Now me personally I love my career and plan on working in my field for a long time.

Interesting enough I read an article about "Trophy Husbands" these guys stay at home raise the kids , cook, clean the whole 9 yards. Now some women would be agast at the thought of a Man performing a tradional womans role. or more to the fact raise a child or children. I say why not I have seen it loving caring and nurturing, fathers can do it! some of you may have not had that experience so its possible that your opinion is one sided. granted on the same tolken I have seen bad fathers, mothers for that mater. but I digress.

Now if it was me and if he would do all that and have dinner for me when I got home? forget about it!

i agree with Ker-ri
my husband fully acknowledges that i am the more career minded and often jokes that he will stay at home if/when we start a family. of course he often jokes about when i make 6 digits he is gonna quit work and work at best buy part time for play money -.-

in families with both parents i feel it is up to each to provide what is needed to give children the best they can. There are so many children with parents who barely pay attention to their kids let alone care for them so that they (the kids) simply raise themselves. If both parents need to work for financials then ok do what you need to. If financials are not a concern then concentrate on what would be most effective for the children.

The great flaw in the ''house-wife'' ideal is in the ramifications for those women should their environment change, and a growing preasure for them to adapt to unpleasant changes even if those changes are not in their best interests. It is due to ignoring this that has lead to increasing numbers of single mothers on welfare, moving back in with their families to suppor them, or remaining in unhealthy relationships.

I don't mean to sound like a good education and a steady job are defense mechanisms; however, that is one aspect of them. They provide a woman with a choice, and level the power balance of a relationship. When the playing field is equal, and neither part of the relationship has to rely on the other more significantly than the other, then you know that both partners remain in the relationship because they truly want to be together.

This is a touchy subject for me, and has been the subject of many fights. I personally have no problem with the idera of a stay-at-home wife, I actually would prefer it. I reckon I'm kinda old-fashioned.
My wife wanted to do the at-home thing, but she wouldn't take care of the house, cleaning, etc., and did a piss-poor job with the kids. So, if you are going to stay home, you need to do the job that goes along with it. If you are not willing to keep up the house, raise the kids, etc. full-time, then get off your ass and get a job. She decided to do neither. So now we're seperated. I have one kid (the wife watches her while I work, mainly because I can't afford childcare), she has the other (an infant). I work full-time, she gets gov't aid and stays home. She still refuses to take care of her own home, mine is in better condition and I have less time to put into housework and maintenance.

Bah, anyways, I picked other as I think the modern woman's role (per the poll topic) should be something she and her husband should agree on, and vice versa.

/rant off

225px-Barefoot_and_pregnant.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Aug 14 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]105879[/snapback][/center]
I picked other. Other being whatever they want.

If they want to work, that won't bother me as it is more money comming in for us.
If they want to stay home and take care of the house, that is fine so long as I can make enough to provide for us.
If they want to stay at home and take care of kids, hell that works too.
[/b]

/agree

It's the woman's choice to do what she pleases (reasonable...choices...)

I love the fact that the guys that say a womans role is to be barefoot and pregnant are also the guys that bitch the most when the woman gets bored, there is a divorce and he is shoveling out $$ for all those kids he has :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Aug 16 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]107055[/snapback][/center]
I love the fact that the guys that say a womans role is to be barefoot and pregnant are also the guys that bitch the most when the woman gets bored, there is a divorce and he is shoveling out $$ for all those kids he has :)
[/b]
Lies!

Women can never get bored, not with the millions of new recipes on the internet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Aug 17 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]107058[/snapback][/center]
Lies!

Women can never get bored, not with the millions of new recipes on the internet. [/b]
internet? women shouldn't be allowed on the internet, it is the devil.. Food Network FTW.. have to love Rachel Ray :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Aug 16 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]107059[/snapback][/center]
internet? women shouldn't be allowed on the internet, it is the devil.. [/b]
And you think the ability to block internet sites was made to protect children...

Back