Tattoos

Tattoos

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magama

Just wondering what you think about tattoos. I know I'm going to be getting tattoos when I get older, already have one (did it myself) and I was just wondering what tattoos you have, if any. Feel free to post a picture of them if you have any.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Magama @ Sep 25 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]120327[/snapback][/center]
Just wondering what you think about tattoos. I know I'm going to be getting tattoos when I get older, already have one (did it myself) and I was just wondering what tattoos you have, if any. Feel free to post a picture of them if you have any.
[/b]
no pictures but I have a Pisces Symbol on the left breast with 2 Hammerheads circling a rusted looking Symbol (looks like an "H" if you know what the pisces symbol looks like) instead of 2 silly looking fish. I have a Coloured Dragon on my right shoulder blade and black on my right calf, a scorpion on my right arm, an Ace of Spades with a Skull and Scythe dripping blood, and a Symbol for "Death" (chinese looking thing) on my left arm. When I get some money I have a design that was drawn for me a long while ago that has a grim reaper looking figure with my face half rotted away holding a human heart that is dripping blood and a bloody scythe on my other shoulder blade and maybe something like "Fight the hard fight and die with the enemies heart in your hands" around it. After that I am looking to get a cross with the symbol of the Illuminati in the middle of it on my right breast.

i have sam i am from green eggs and ham on my right shouler blade ....sam of course representing the openess to ideas

on my left calf i have an old jim thiebauld skateboard graphic ..its of a kkk member hung dead in a tree

currently im in the process of getting a 3/4 sleeve on each arm ..my right arm has the rebel insignia on the round of my shoulder with a collage of o.t. rebels .. on my left arm is the imperial insignia with a collage of o.t. imperials ..once they are done ( probably next summer ) ill post them

also for my birthday ill be getting the japanese character for "snow" on the left side of my neck ....my family is all snowboarders heh

if you are going to get atatoo make sure its something meaningful ...imo band names and sports teams are a definite no no lol

also in tatoos you definitley get what you pay for so dont go for cheap ..take time to review your artists portfolio ..normally in a good shop you have artists that specialize in certain things ..if you want a portrait tat make sure you go to the guy that specializes inthat ...also a great tip is if you live in a large city you may have a tatoo convention there ...these places are great to get work done by nationally known artists that may otherwise betoo far for you to visit ..checking your local conventions webpage will usually provide you with a detailed list of whos slated to attend and ways to book time with them ..good luck and hope to see your art soon :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Sep 26 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]120357[/snapback][/center]
also for my birthday ill be getting the japanese character for "snow" on the left side of my neck ....my family is all snowboarders heh
if you are going to get atatoo make sure its something meaningful ...imo band names and sports teams are a definite no no lol
[/b]
This struck me as humerous. I never understood the getting of tatoos of foreign characters and assuming they are all that meaningful. Sure you are all snowboarders, but what is the difference between getting a character that means snow in a language you can not understand as opposed to just getting the word snow tatooed onto you.

As for the arms, nice call. I was going to do a more simple version of that and just get the rebel insignia on my left arm and the imperial insignia on my right. About where you described it also, on the "round of my shoulder"

My father has an American Eagle on his left arm and Yosemite Sam holding a confederate flag on his other. I don't have any though, don't think I'll ever get one. But if I do it would probably be this:
Mandskull.jpg

I have a cluster of skulls on my stomach (orange and purple)

Skull with devil horns on the back of my right shoulder (red and black)

And the crest / shield of Liverpool football club on my right upper arm, with 5 golden stars underneath. 1 for each European championship we have won.

I would like to get 1 or 2 more, not sure what I'm going to get once I can afford another one yet though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Sep 26 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]120360[/snapback][/center]
This struck me as humerous. I never understood the getting of tatoos of foreign characters and assuming they are all that meaningful. Sure you are all snowboarders, but what is the difference between getting a character that means snow in a language you can not understand as opposed to just getting the word snow tatooed onto you.

As for the arms, nice call. I was going to do a more simple version of that and just get the rebel insignia on my left arm and the imperial insignia on my right. About where you described it also, on the "round of my shoulder"
[/b]

why assume i dont speak japanese :p ...but thats neither here nor there ..having it in kanji is no different than anyhting else we do everyday ..we could all wear plain blue pants and a brown shirt with black shoes ..afterall it fullfills the need of clothing ..we could all drive geo metros because that fulfills our transportation needs ..its about presentation and ornamentation ..beauty and appearance ..

btw i dont speak a lick of japanese lmao

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Sep 26 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]120415[/snapback][/center]
why assume i dont speak japanese :p ...but thats neither here nor there ..having it in kanji is no different than anyhting else we do everyday ..we could all wear plain blue pants and a brown shirt with black shoes ..afterall it fullfills the need of clothing ..we could all drive geo metros because that fulfills our transportation needs ..its about presentation and ornamentation ..beauty and appearance ..
btw i dont speak a lick of japanese lmao
[/b]
I would have to agree with Cubby on this one. Simply putting the word "Snow" on there wouldn't really look super nice.....be kinda plain imho. Putting a Kanji (forgot what they were called and I have one.....lol) of the word has a visual appeal to it.

How do you KNOW thats what it says? I would laugh my ass off if it says : "cocksucker" and you are walking around the rest of your life with it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 26 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]120430[/snapback][/center]
How do you KNOW thats what it says? I would laugh my ass off if it says : "cocksucker" and you are walking around the rest of your life with it.
[/b]
I walk around in "wife-beaters" all day and have yet to run into a person who could read mine that told me it said any different then what I believed. Had one ask me a long time ago if I knew what I meant, feigned ignorance and told her no and she told me what it said. Was dead on with what I believed it said :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Sep 26 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]120438[/snapback][/center]
I walk around in "wife-beaters" all day and have yet to run into a person who could read mine that told me it said any different then what I believed. Had one ask me a long time ago if I knew what I meant, feigned ignorance and told her no and she told me what it said. Was dead on with what I believed it said :) [/b]
lol sexy nothing better than a guy in wifebeaters with the word "death" on them in kanji (?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 26 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]120442[/snapback][/center]
lol sexy nothing better than a guy in wifebeaters with the word "death" on them in kanji (?)
[/b]
lol I was in the infantry when I got all of them done except for te solid black dragon on my right calf. I got that one while I was supposed to be working in Killeen, TX (remarkably I got it in the same place I got the rest of mine except for the first couple that I got at Underground Studios in Austin, TX)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 27 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]120787[/snapback][/center]
I'd love a tatoo on the small of my back, but I'd never get one.
[/b]
Why not Tiv? Nothing like a "Tramp Stamp" to get a man droolin'.........lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Sep 27 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]120788[/snapback][/center]
Why not Tiv? Nothing like a "Tramp Stamp" to get a man droolin'.........lol
[/b]

Well for one I'm not one for needles. For another, I just don't like the idea of inking my skin. I just like the idea of body art in itself. ;)

Back