Stargate SG-1 Movies

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18430

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) announced today the extension of the hit "Stargate SG-1" franchise with two movies based on the popular series. Titled "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate: Continuum", the movies will both be made available to the television universe and home entertainment marketplace by MGM. The announcement was made by Charles Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President, MGM.

"'Stargate SG-1' is to MGM Television what the 'James Bond,' 'Pink Panther' and the 'Rocky' franchises are to our feature film unit," said Cohen. "We are committed to continuing to release new SG-1 content and its 'Stargate Atlantis' spin-off, and we're also steadfast in our dedication to extending the franchise. 'Stargate' is an indelible brand for MGM and we will support it well into the future."
[/b]

There's more at the above link plus descriptions of the plot.

It'll be interesting.

Although more SG1 is always a good thing, I hope these two movies are more than just 4 new episodes in fancy wrapping. The fact it's not going to theaters leaves me doubtful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Jan 16 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]139666[/snapback][/center]
Azrail I want to seriously /sechs your avatar.
[/b]
I already have...

If the movies don't have Richard Dean Anderson in them, then I'm not going to watch them

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Jan 17 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]139674[/snapback][/center]
If the movies don't have Richard Dean Anderson in them, then I'm not going to watch them
[/b]
It says they have the current cast so I don't know if he will turn up much. He is in Atlantis though isn't he.
The 1st film finishes off the Ori plot. Not been a fan of the Ori so it's annoying it's spilling into a TV movie.
I think it maybe more like djmtott said. Just 1 showing which could have been more shows. :rolleyes:

yay for stargate

I didn't mind the Ori, they actually creeped me out. bleah religious fanatics...

Back