"Star Trek" heads back to TV with digital makeover

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 15 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]117215[/snapback][/center]
Burn the Trekkies(sp)!

<Thread officially hijacked by Artica>
[/b]

I agree, fuck the Trekkies!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Sep 15 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]117217[/snapback][/center]
I agree, <strike>fuck</strike>Burn the Trekkies!
[/b]
Be polite pwease. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 15 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]117272[/snapback][/center]
SW > ST 4 3V3R
[/b]

Ah, well. It airs at 11pm local time. We'll see if those new effects are to ST as the SE were to SW. :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 15 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]117272[/snapback][/center]
SW > ST 4 3V3R
[/b]
/agree!
hug2.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ekibe @ Sep 16 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]117431[/snapback][/center]
Right. Whatever. Live long and prosper. :D
[/b]

Ooh hey; earlier while searching for something else, I somehow came across an interesting, albeit old (I think written before Episode 1 came out) article about Star Wars vs Star Trek, and an apparent anti-democratic message in SW.

link

I think that guy put a little too much thought into it, but I have to admit he made some good points. I never really liked the whole weird "emotions lead to the darkside" thing. <_<

Well I have to say, the improved effects were a lot more subtle than I'd expected. Guess I'd gotten kind of used to how they used to show off the ships in the movies, good thing they didn't try to change it like that.

Back