So I finally played the Wii

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
Yeah, on Friday in the Console Gaming Lab at school. I played Zelda and Wii sports with an open mind. Played for two hours (one hour a game). I played on a 50 inch HD Smasung LCD. If they suddenly released a Wiimote for the N64, I probably would not notice the difference between that N64 and the Wii. What a crap system for something as awesome as the Wiimote. Unfortunately I couldn't play the PS3 cause there was a wait for it. Wii=waste of money

Wii is a good tool for those with small children, and those who wish to entertain guests, but its ability to stand up to the test of time is a problem. I see the Wii, which is in essence a toy, and as such should be classed as one.

I have had my fun, and my Wii, which has a few remotes may soon end up on a ebay near you.

Consoles are supposed to be toys. You can burn on Nintendo all you want for keeping it old school. Giving your console the ability to hook up to a computer or the ability to play DVDs is cool. However, in the end it may just create more problems.

haha the hilarious thing is...i've played a playstation 3....and yes it looks Amazing graphics wise....but its the same game style as ps2...there is no difference but graphics, it even has the same crappy controller as ps2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whewa @ Feb 5 2007, 02:13 AM) [snapback]142736[/snapback][/center]
haha the hilarious thing is...i've played a playstation 3....and yes it looks Amazing graphics wise....but its the same game style as ps2...there is no difference but graphics, it even has the same crappy controller as ps2
[/b]

Six Axis? :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 5 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]142735[/snapback][/center]
Consoles are supposed to be toys. You can burn on Nintendo all you want for keeping it old school. Giving your console the ability to hook up to a computer or the ability to play DVDs is cool. However, in the end it may just create more problems.
[/b]

Longerity? :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whewa @ Feb 4 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]142736[/snapback][/center]
haha the hilarious thing is...i've played a playstation 3....and yes it looks Amazing graphics wise....but its the same game style as ps2...there is no difference but graphics, it even has the same crappy controller as ps2 [/b]

the hillarious thing is that the PS3 is the beggining of it's life cycle and it has the potential to advance threefold in its gameplay. Wii is at the beggining of it's lifecycle and it's already reached the pinnacle. Har har har!

Think of it like DX10. The very first DX10 games will be no different than DX9 games. They'll just have better graphics. It won't be for at least a year or two before we see any true exploitation of the DX10 engine

Have to disagree with you stav. For me gameplay > graphics. I don't care how great a game looks if it's boring I'm not going to play it. And the wii remote has kept the games interesting and brought gameplay to the next level.

I do have access to a ps3. My best friend has one and all it's being used for is to play movies since he got a wii. And gameplay has not changed from the ps2 to the ps3

I wonder why we argue so much about something that really just comes down to a personal opinion....its funny that we don't argue about our favorite sodas or something dumb like that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whewa @ Feb 5 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]142788[/snapback][/center]
I wonder why we argue so much about something that really just comes down to a personal opinion....its funny that we don't argue about our favorite sodas or something dumb like that
[/b]

Coke in the 8 oz bottles.

YOU GUYS DRINK SODA?!?!?!

Water > Soda

((I stopped drinking soda months ago lol))

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whewa @ Feb 5 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]142788[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

That's easy - Diet Sunkist.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Feb 4 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]142717[/snapback][/center]
Wii is a good tool for those with small children, and those who wish to entertain guests, but its ability to stand up to the test of time is a problem. I see the Wii, which is in essence a toy, and as such should be classed as one.

I have had my fun, and my Wii, which has a few remotes may soon end up on a ebay near you.
[/b]
I'm not sure it will have problems standing up to the test of time, as long as developers keep commiting to make more and more great games for it. While PS3 is still waiting for "maybe" fall 2007-spring 2008 for all their big awaited games which probably won't even be exclusives anymore the way things are going.

And I think "longevity" has more to do with the frequency of great game releases than anything else. With PS3, a developer has to spend a huge budget to make a game, then they have to sell tons of them just to break even let alone make a profit. Which could be even harder if PS3 continues to sell poorly. With Wii, it's easy to make games and the budget can be really small. Add on the fact that Wii is selling like crazy and a developer can make tons of profit. So I see no reason why Wii would not continue to be supported with quality games for the next 5 or more years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 5 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]142798[/snapback][/center]
YOU GUYS DRINK SODA?!?!?!

Water > Soda
((I stopped drinking soda months ago lol))
[/b]
Fruit juice pwns water you noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 5 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]142796[/snapback][/center]
AHHHHHH!!!!!
I drink pepsi more than coke. But a cold coke in an 8oz glass bottle is the best.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Feb 5 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]142809[/snapback][/center]
I drink pepsi more than coke. But a cold coke in an 8oz glass bottle is the best.
[/b]
:huh:

Back