Virtua Fighter 5 -
Virtual Tennis 3

W

WarHawk -
White Knight Story -
World Snooker Championship 2007 -
WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007

bah, Thats all I know for now , lol

I've always sworn by the PS since PS1 came out. But after reading the press and the price tag, there's no way I'll even consider the PS3.

I'll stick to my computer.

What I think Sony needs to do is start over from the other direction. Instead of making a console that also surfs the web and plays movies, they need to design and market the next offing as a new home entertainment center that also plays games.
That way, instead of having a target consumer of militant gamers, you'll have average high-tech couples wanting to buy it, gamers wanting to buy it, and then Sony wins.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Nov 21 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]134024[/snapback][/center]
I've always sworn by the PS since PS1 came out. But after reading the press and the price tag, there's no way I'll even consider the PS3.

I'll stick to my computer.

What I think Sony needs to do is start over from the other direction. Instead of making a console that also surfs the web and plays movies, they need to design and market the next offing as a new home entertainment center that also plays games.
That way, instead of having a target consumer of militant gamers, you'll have average high-tech couples wanting to buy it, gamers wanting to buy it, and then Sony wins.
[/b]

And give Microsoft the entire Market?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 20 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]134015[/snapback][/center]
I always try to talk as a Wanderhomie, but when you've seen the things that I've seen it kinda sways your judgement. Seeing threads like this depress me imensely, and thats why I was rather rude earlier. You can not expect launches of any new product to go perfect, even though thats what every consumer wants.

I think of the phrase "The bigger they are the harder they fall,", but I think things will turn around. There are many reasons for problems, and don't know all the answers, but being honest you can do much worse. Tbh I wouldn't buy any console on launch. There are always problems with electronics, be it a cell phone, computer, console, ipod things still go wrong.

Its what the company does to help its customers, that counts. As you've stated you've had a bad experience, but isolated incidents happen. All the batteries that got recalled where replaced, same with Apple and its broken Ipods.

I just feel the arrogance of the CEO hasn't help matters, but bad media is a killer. All I can say for the content there is a mass of games in development well over 100 titles, and most in 720p thats HD, so just watch this space.
[/b]

See, if you just talked like this folks wouldn't have jumped all over you. That was banana the WHomie, and not banana the Sony employee (which some folks have grown to dislike).

Honestly I do not hope the PS3 fails, but honestly the powers-that-be have to learn something about general design that won't scare away customers like the PSP's UMD format, or the fact that it only uses memory sticks instead of any of the other more widely except formats, or the perceived forcing of Blue-Ray down everyone's throats, it just wears on customers (some of them use to be loyal Sony fanatics like me).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]134026[/snapback][/center]
See, if you just talked like this folks wouldn't have jumped all over you. That was banana the WHomie, and not banana the Sony employee (which some folks have grown to dislike).
[/b]
QFE!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 20 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]134025[/snapback][/center]
And give Microsoft the entire Market?
[/b]
Absolutely.

If you create the must have home entertainment system marketed towards adults/parents, then the console market will disappear. Why buy a different piece of electronics when what you have already works just fine?

The market is shifting towards a complete home entertainment system. The Wii is still going in the dedicated console direction. We'll have to see how that plays out.

It's a matter of marketing.

For instance, my parents, over 50, would never buy a PS3 because it's a game console. It's marketed as a game console that can also do some of their home entertainment tasks. They already have DVD players and the other home electronics, so there's no need. If you made a cutting edge home entertainment system that ALSO plays video games, you'd be hitting a larger portion of the market, and the console market would decline.

"...According to a translated Impress interview of Sony PS3 A/V developers... the PS3 will not only be getting better software SACD support, but it'll also get user-selectable internal YCrCb image processing (instead of RGB -- although we've yet to hear of component output plans), 1080p/24 support, and will finally allow for DVD upscaling as well."

Back