Planetside 2 - King of current World PVP games

Ramin

Hey all

I waited a while before making any sort of post like this because I wanted to see if the game had any lasting appeal. I have been playing for a few months now and can honestly say that Planetside 2 has got to be one of the best world pvp games available right now. If anyone even slightly enjoys FPS games; it would be a crime not to try this game out. The depth to the game is maddening and there are so many different play styles to please all types. Some of these include flying aircrafts, driving tanks, and a variety of infantry based classes.

If anyone is still holding out because it is a SOE game I highly suggest you put the NGE debacle in the past, its unhealthy to hold such a strong grudge against a game anyways. Aside from that SOE has come a long way now and they truly listen to the feedback the players give and they are constantly communicating with the players through the forums and twitter (props to Matt Higby he is great).

TLDR: IF YOU LIKE FPS/WORLD PVP GAMES AT ALL TRY PLANETSIDE 2!
Its free 2 play but not pay 2 win; just pay to level faster (like guild wars 2)

Cinematic trailer (you can pretty much do everything presented here in game)

In game footage trailer

Last edited:
I've been playing since December 8th. Connery (US West) server, Terran Republic. Name is BadHabitz, soldier in the 56th Recon Division. /salute

Just wanted to add this video, so you don't fall for the political propaganda of the New Conglomerate.

Haha nice addition you TR scum! =P but ya lol i love the faction rivalry I play New Conglomerate. On Jaeger name is Refleshed so far I am battle rank 45 almost halfway to max

I'm in the mid-30's somewhere. Wish I had more than 3-4 days a week to play. And I took 3 weeks off because my addiction to NCAA Football turned back up. But, yeah, it's a lot of fun and I look forward to changes in the future.

WUT ITS FREE??

can't tell if sarcasm lol but YES it is free! If you don't mind FPSers it gives you that old feeling of SWG base busting except like x10; entire world is persistent there is no "end of match"

WUT ITS FREE??
You don't have to pay anything, but if you end up liking the game you're probably going to want to. Like other F2P games, there are fluff items that can only be obtained by spending cash, like decals and camos. But it takes a long time to unlocks new weapons, so you'd probably want to spend money to unlock, as you can do it either way. It kind of straddles being Pay2Win without meeting the textbook definition.

You don't have to pay anything, but if you end up liking the game you're probably going to want to. Like other F2P games, there are fluff items that can only be obtained by spending cash, like decals and camos. But it takes a long time to unlocks new weapons, so you'd probably want to spend money to unlock, as you can do it either way. It kind of straddles being Pay2Win without meeting the textbook definition.

All correct but it should be noted that some weapons are very reasonable to buy with in game currencies. Mainly these are the 100 cert, 250 cert and some 500 cost ones (max I'd spend). But the 1000 cert ones should def be bought with real money. Let me say though that I never really felt forced to make purchases but I simply wanted to because I love the game and to support the devs. Out of the 60 some bucks I've spent in the cash shop all of it has been cosmetic except for 3 weapon purchases. IMO this is the way all F2P games should be run (unlike TOR).

Last edited:
i do have the game installed already and tried it out a few times. i liked the look and feel of it, especially with a xbox controller but it was kind of weird to understand.. we were camping some people inside of a structure that we couldnt get in, like a base or something, and the guys kept coming out and we kept killing them. probably not me killing them though, level 1 cant stand up to anyone lol

yea i rather just invest more time if anything, i hate paying for cash shops even though i donate so much to swgemu lol i just dont like to pay 2 win if i can do it without it.. gives a better sense of accomplishment :p

Yea what you are describing is camping the enemy spawn room; this usually happens just before the attackers get full control of the base and the spawn room pushes everyone out. If you are on the receiveng end of that I highly suggest moving to a different location. The game takes some learning but when you get it down its great. And as long as you don't mind things taking a little longer you can unlock every item in game without money except for the pure cosmetic items.

Yea what you are describing is camping the enemy spawn room; this usually happens just before the attackers get full control of the base and the spawn room pushes everyone out. If you are on the receiveng end of that I highly suggest moving to a different location. The game takes some learning but when you get it down its great. And as long as you don't mind things taking a little longer you can unlock every item in game without money except for the pure cosmetic items.

oh lol yea i was wondering wat was going on because it seemed kind of lame camping people in a FPS game. is it a persistent world though like can u move from base to base on the larger scale map? or is it just intsta-matchmaking battles for world control? i saw all the unlocks and it was pretty cool even though i couldnt ride a damn atv lol made me actually want to try to unlock some stuff :p

oh lol yea i was wondering wat was going on because it seemed kind of lame camping people in a FPS game. is it a persistent world though like can u move from base to base on the larger scale map? or is it just intsta-matchmaking battles for world control? i saw all the unlocks and it was pretty cool even though i couldnt ride a damn atv lol made me actually want to try to unlock some stuff :p

The world is entirely persistent and sandbox style there is no match making of any kind. You can travel throughout the whole continent that you happen to be on at the time (indar, esamir, and amerish). If you want to jump to a different continent you can redeploy there from a warpgate (faction hub for each continent).

The vehicle unlocks you saw were to enhance the vehicles but anyone in the game can use every single vehicle right from level 1. You just need to find a vehicle terminal and can spawn the ATV, sunderer truck, and 2 types of tanks (certain terminals don't have all 4 options depends on the size of the base). The same goes for airplanes you can drive all those too but you will prolly get shot down fast with a stock one. Lastly there are class terminals at every base you own that you can change your class on the fly with.

If you got any other questions feel free to ask I know the game can be a bit overwhelming at first.

Since you guys are both east coast you should plan to squad up sometime. Should be easy to teach/learn in squad voice instead of the forums. Nuka, just make sure your character is New Conglomerate like Ramin, so you can run around being dirty rebel cowboy scum together on Jaeger.

I always kinda viewed the TR as Norsefire; the totalitarian government from V for Vendetta. They both came to power through the aftermath of nuclear war and do not hesitate to gun down their own citizens for speaking their minds.

I've been playing since December 8th. Connery (US West) server, Terran Republic. Name is BadHabitz, soldier in the 56th Recon Division. /salute

Yeah, I'd some squad up with you, but our play times don't match up at all. I really like TR. I'll make a TR on Connery.

Currently on Genudine (sucks) as New Conglomerate.

Since you guys are both east coast you should plan to squad up sometime. Should be easy to teach/learn in squad voice instead of the forums. Nuka, just make sure your character is New Conglomerate like Ramin, so you can run around being dirty rebel cowboy scum together on Jaeger.

lol eventually i will have to come there and kick ur ass so u want to play swg again :p

PS i lost the info to ramins vent! WHERES AVARi?!?!

I actually shut down my vent server for now since it wasn't being used by anyone. As for Avari he is raiding in WoW so thats taking up all his gaming time.

Back