NFL Season Kicks Off!

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
How awesome of an opening Sunday was today? First and foremost, the Chicago Bears SPANKED Green Bay with a 26-0 shutout. Carolina was proven to be useless without Steve Smith as they lost to Atlanta 20-6. I was surprised by Tampa Bay getting shut out by Baltimore 27-0. The two best games today were Dallas vs Jacksonville and Indianapolis vs New York Giants. I was hoping the Dallas/Jax game would go to OT, cause they're both amazing teams, but i was glad T.O. got served a loss as his opening game. And of course, it was Manning vs. Manning as the first NFL opener with two brothers starting as QBs on opposite teams. This was one hell of a game, with both teams and QBs neck to neck with each other. It literally went down to the last second, as Indianapolis secured the win with a field goal just minutes before the end. Giants put up one hell of a game, and QB stats show that although Peyton was the better QB this game, Eli was just a hair behind in performance. Colts won 26-21. What an awesome NFL Sunday. This is going to be one hell of a season!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 10 2006, 11:23 PM) [snapback]115051[/snapback][/center]
How awesome of an opening Sunday was today? First and foremost, the Chicago Bears SPANKED Green Bay with a 26-0 shutout. Carolina was proven to be useless without Steve Smith as they lost to Atlanta 20-6. I was surprised by Tampa Bay getting shut out by Baltimore 27-0. The two best games today were Dallas vs Jacksonville and Indianapolis vs New York Giants. I was hoping the Dallas/Jax game would go to OT, cause they're both amazing teams, but i was glad T.O. got served a loss as his opening game. And of course, it was Manning vs. Manning as the first NFL opener with two brothers starting as QBs on opposite teams. This was one hell of a game, with both teams and QBs neck to neck with each other. It literally went down to the last second, as Indianapolis secured the win with a field goal just minutes before the end. Giants put up one hell of a game, and QB stats show that although Peyton was the better QB this game, Eli was just a hair behind in performance. Colts won 26-21. What an awesome NFL Sunday. This is going to be one hell of a season!
[/b]

Technically, the stats say that Eli's performence was "better", although it was obvious the more consistent Peyton was clearly better. Giants committed WAY too many penalties, and their special teams are going to cost them more than just this game in the future. Still think Giants win the NFC east though...

One thing I was happy about was the Jets actually winning, and looking competent on the field. Holy Shit!

P.S. Stav, get up on the fantasy football league Cora is trying to make for this year.

Back