My computer died......

BananaMan

I am writing to you on my laptop, whilst I re install windows on a different drive to ensure i can the dat on te bork installation. It'll be ok, but its seriously pissed me off, now I've got to go find those driver disks :p.

I'll keep ou all updated on my progress:

Currently selecting OS setup, and all that crap.

Initial copy of files has begun, w00t.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Feb 2 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]142576[/snapback][/center]
I am writing to you on my laptop, whilst I re install windows on a different drive to ensure i can the dat on te bork installation. It'll be ok, but its seriously pissed me off, now I've got to go find those driver disks :p.

[/b]

May you rest in peace (or pieces) Mr. Computer. -_-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Feb 3 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]142576[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Been doing that all night myself. Bloody windows. :angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ Feb 3 2007, 04:05 AM) [snapback]142594[/snapback][/center]
Been doing that all night myself. Bloody windows. :angry:
[/b]

I lost all my emails, but my mozila file transfered fine.

:wacko:

Vista is slick though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Feb 3 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]142595[/snapback][/center]
I lost all my emails, but my mozila file transfered fine.

:wacko:

Vista is slick though.
[/b]
I tried to repair my windows but it wasn't having it. So had to reinstall Windows.
Now I have a new logon account but didn't lose anything except maybe a few fonts and cursors.
But I still have to reinstall all my games and programs! <_< If I knew the repair was going to go wrong on me I would have just formatted and been done with it! :angry:

Going to hold off on Vista a while I think.

Just posted a question in the PC Central area too. -_-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Feb 2 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]142588[/snapback][/center]
AND ITS VISTA
[/b]

I'm terribly sorry. That must suck. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 2 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]142602[/snapback][/center]
I'm terribly sorry. That must suck. ;)
[/b]

Vista is quite nice, driver support sucks a big one though.

Don't expect much gaming from Vista for at least another year. I see no point in using Vista. I use the Vista Transformation Pack on XP cause I like the look. Otherwise, even if i do get a comp with vista pre-installed, i'm uninstalling it and installing XP

What I've also noticed, is Windows and apps run faster, and the flip 3D mode rocks.

It may be buggy, and I may have to use Microsofts shitty AV, and FW, but its ok for now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 3 2007, 01:28 AM) [snapback]142610[/snapback][/center]
Don't expect much gaming from Vista for at least another year. I see no point in using Vista. I use the Vista Transformation Pack on XP cause I like the look. Otherwise, even if i do get a comp with vista pre-installed, i'm uninstalling it and installing XP
[/b]

DX10 is very nice, they had Crysis running on a single 8800GTX at 1920x1200 (I think it may have been higher) with the highest settings, and still going at a strong 60 FPS. Considering no one actually plays with that resolution, that's pretty damn good.

Back