Most Favored/Trustworthy Game Portal

Most Favored/Trustworthy Game Portal

• Stratics (ex: swg.stratics.com, eq2.stratics.com)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OGaming (ex: wow.ogaming.com, gw.ogaming.com)

• Allakhazam (ex: swg.allakhazam.com, wow.allakhazam.com)

• Warcry (ex: swg.warcry.com, wow.warcry.com)

• IGN Vault (ex: swgvault.ign.com, mevault.ign.com)

• Total voters

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
OK, so here's a few game sites that exist out there for MMORPGs. They have EQ2, WoW, SWG, and other subsites. Which overall parent site would you call the most reliable, the most trustworthy, and the most helpful/useful?

NOTE: I'm not talking about game info sites. I'm talking about MMO portal sites. For example, OGaming has gw.ogaming.com for guildwars, wow.ogaming.com for swg, etc. Warcry has swg.warcry.com, stratics has swg.stratics.com, eq2.stratics.com, etc. These are sites that are portals for a game and contain guides, beastiaries, databases, forums, news, announcements, trainer locations, maps, game info, etc.

IGN has the most informative articles, and has the cash flow to get the exclusive story by sending reporters into the field.

I suppose GameSpot should be up there too.

I think you've misunderstood. Gamespot does not have it's dedicated section for individual MMOs. Allakhazam, for example, has swg.allakhazam.com. OGaming has guildwars.ogaming.com. Stratics has eq2.stratics.com. and so forth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 17 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]126116[/snapback][/center]
I think you've misunderstood. Gamespot does not have it's dedicated section for individual MMOs. Allakhazam, for example, has swg.allakhazam.com. OGaming has guildwars.ogaming.com. Stratics has eq2.stratics.com. and so forth
[/b]

skim reading, lol

sorry :lol:

I say Ogaming by far. They have full quest lists, walkthroughs, beastiaries (sp?) and general information about most MMO's out there. They are also updated constantly to ensure that new quests that are added to the games are up there with the complete information.

this just in: The Zam (Allakhazam) network bought OGaming. No changes in the short run, they'll still run independently, but in the future their is a possibility of merging and/or cross-site integration

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 18 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]126375[/snapback][/center]
this just in: The Zam (Allakhazam) network bought OGaming. No changes in the short run, they'll still run independently, but in the future their is a possibility of merging and/or cross-site integration
[/b]

I normally found Allakhazam's data on a lot of SWG related topics, to be outdatted at best. In the middle of the CU they still had tons of Pre-CU info up there and it was clearly wrong. Just didn't look very up to date if you ask me.

Allakhazam was very good with wow and eq data when I first started playing them. I never really used them for swg. stratics was the one I went to when i first started playing. then there was a time when I didn't use anything.

Now, of course I'm going to say stratics - I work my butt off trying to get people to update guides. I don't always get what I want, but I try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Oct 18 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]126490[/snapback][/center]
I like IGN overall for news, but Allakhazam's SWG info is second to none.
[/b]

How is this updated?!

I just started browsing on their site, and most of their data is old. We have our problems, but we have guides on stats, on jedi-leveling, and on quite a few quests. We're still re-building, but it's volunteer and hard to get people to do things when it is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Oct 18 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]126503[/snapback][/center]
How is this updated?!
[/b]
Look at it this way, they're ready to support the pre-cu/CU emulators :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Oct 18 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]126522[/snapback][/center]
Look at it this way, they're ready to support the pre-cu/CU emulators :p
[/b]

:lol:

Zam does a good job keeping it's portals for "good" games relatively up to date (EQ2, WoW). But for a dead/dying game like SWG, there is only one staff member (since the combat upgrade, they scrambled to find a replacement cause the two people who ran the site quit). So it's just been Instigator since the CU. One man can't possibly run the entire site on his own. He barely can keep up with new quests, let alone knew items.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 19 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]126539[/snapback][/center]
Zam does a good job keeping it's portals for "good" games relatively up to date (EQ2, WoW). But for a dead/dying game like SWG, there is only one staff member (since the combat upgrade, they scrambled to find a replacement cause the two people who ran the site quit). So it's just been Instigator since the CU. One man can't possibly run the entire site on his own. He barely can keep up with new quests, let alone knew items.
[/b]

I agree - but that will be true of ANY fan site. SWG gamers are no where near as dedicated to it as they were before. There's good reason for that (glares at SOE). I was just disconting the fact that Zam had current SWG info. It's very hard to find volunteers who want to update info for SOE - if for the simple fact that within six to eight weeks, the information will very likely be obsolete. This game is very different than it was even two months ago.

Back