learning to play a guitar

Avari

Ive had a guitar/amp for a few years and only thing I could play was some mexican theme or something and It must have been luck cause I have no idea what I did, anyways i got this like 50page book a friend gave me a few years ago which my incompetent self cant understand, anyone know of anything I can look up to teach my self, like videos or something online?

I could go out and buy something but i disagree with having to pay to learn something ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avari @ Mar 23 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]62494[/snapback][/center]
wOOt, thanks tiv ;)
[/b]

NP. Let me know if you need help reading music.

What kind of guitar do you have?

Just started learning to play myself... It's a great way to get away from SWG and just relax :)

Oh yeah...

www.chordie.com

That is the site where I get all my tabs/chords. Hopefully, you can find some use in that site. They have tons of songs, all free of course. :)

YOu can also transpose into easier chords if you are having trouble with some chords in a song. Hope this helps. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 23 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]62632[/snapback][/center]
Good site Sak.

I've been playing guitar for the better half of my life, need any help Elpa, and its yours.
[/b]

me too. power chords FTW!!!!

Dig up Jimmy Hendrix's bones, crush them into dust and smoke it.. I saw this in a movie once.

How High?? :p

lesson 1:
your left hand squeezes the neck and your right hand strums the cat guts

lesson 2 will be about Van Halen's Eruption :D

I'm still a n00b on guitar, but anyway what I started with is just learning basic chords, you know A B C D E and F. Then when you have those down play some simple songs that only use them and hum or sing along, so you have a good feel for it, and then take it from there to learning sharps etc.

TABS are great for learning guitar music, though might take a while to catch onto how to read them. I get mine at http://www.olga.net/

thank you all for the tips! :)
now I gota get a new guitar , it wasa shotty squier strat but its missing a string, my brother lent it out a while ago and I never checked to see if it was ok...
plus I want an acoustic and this is definitly a good reason to go out and waste my money on one :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avari @ Mar 24 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]62906[/snapback][/center]
thank you all for the tips! :)
now I gota get a new guitar , it wasa shotty squier strat but its missing a string, my brother lent it out a while ago and I never checked to see if it was ok...
plus I want an acoustic and this is definitly a good reason to go out and waste my money on one :p
[/b]
Why not just change the strings? :mellow:

Advice. O.k. when you smash your guitar like a pro you must do it when you have had coke and alchol and are at the peak of your drug induced strength.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 24 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]62918[/snapback][/center]
Why not just change the strings? :mellow:
[/b]
like i said its a shitty guitar anyways and id rather have an acoustic to practice on

and and....its purple(and white)!!!!!! ahh noes!

Guitar can be awesome, Avari. Learn it correctly though. I didn't learn the basics before I started into the harder stuff, and now... I can do just about any Dave Matthews song (not easy), but I don't know the basics of music. Patience young paddy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ianril @ Mar 24 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]62948[/snapback][/center]
Guitar can be awesome, Avari. Learn it correctly though. I didn't learn the basics before I started into the harder stuff, and now... I can do just about any Dave Matthews song (not easy), but I don't know the basics of music. Patience young paddy.
[/b]
Yes, to be honest Avari, go get lessons. Learn to read music, learn all that Jazz. In the long run, it pays off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Mar 24 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]62954[/snapback][/center]
Yes, to be honest Avari, go get lessons. Learn to read music, learn all that Jazz. In the long run, it pays off.
[/b]
DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!! LEARN PARTIAL RIFTS OF STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!

Back