Just watched the UFC Liddell vs Jackson fight...

Akieo

Man.. thought Liddell was going to take this but I guess it was Jackson's time to carry the championship.

I would love to see a rematch, but I really don't want it to turn into a Shamrock-Ortiz thing, minus all the drama. If Liddell comes back and loses again to Jackson for a third time, that'd be pretty embarrassing.

I'm excited for the Jackson v Henderson fight.. It will be pretty badass.

Fight ended in a hurry, 1:53 in the first. Chuck was REAL sloppy with his footwork and hands, and Rampage made him pay with a quick right-hook counter, which knocked Chuck to the ground. Rampage jumped on him and finished the deal. Honestly, it looked like Chuck completely took the fight too lightly, but can't knock Rampage at all, he did exactly what you are suppose to do against a wild swinging striker like Chuck.

Recap of all UFC 71 fights: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=7668

P.S. ESPNEWS is showing highlites of the fight, not to mention a whole section on ESPN.com dedicated to MMA! :eek:

Last edited:
Fight ended in a hurry, 1:53 in the first. Chuck was REAL sloppy with his footwork and hands, and Rampage made him pay with a quick right-hook counter, which knocked Chuck to the ground. Rampage jumped on him and finished the deal. Honestly, it looked like Chuck completely took the fight too lightly, but can't knock Rampage at all, he did exactly what you are suppose to do against a wild swinging striker like Chuck.

Recap of all UFC 71 fights: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=7668

P.S. ESPNEWS is showing highlites of the fight, not to mention a whole section on ESPN.com dedicated to MMA! :eek:

Yep, was a pretty short fight, I expected much more. Chuck did take the fight too lightly, he made Quinton chase him around the whole time and when Chuck threw that sloppy punch, he just completely let his guard down and Jackson caught him with a right hand and chipped his chin.

I gotta applaud Chuck though, he's been a damn good champion. Must be hard having all that fame, being on TV, being the "XYIENCE" UFC'r, and just having so much publicity and then losing it like that.

I think Jackson will be a great champion.. Everyone in the damn stadium boo'd him and he showed them up.. must feel great, heh.

I think the Houston Alexander vs. Keith Jardine was a pretty funny fight. Jardine came in all cocky and was like "I don't need to fight this guy" and then he got knocked the fuck out in like 50 seconds.

I really like Jackson now. I never knew much about him before because this was only his second match in the UFC, but he has a hilarious attitude that I like.

Last edited:
Yep, was a pretty short fight, I expected much more. Chuck did take the fight too lightly, he made Quinton chase him around the whole time and when Chuck threw that sloppy punch, he just completely let his guard down and Jackson caught him with a right hand and chipped his chin.

I gotta applaud Chuck though, he's been a damn good champion. Must be hard having all that fame, being on TV, being the "XYIENCE" UFC'r, and just having so much publicity and then losing it like that.

I think Jackson will be a great champion.. Everyone in the damn stadium boo'd him and he showed them up.. must feel great, heh.

I think the Houston Alexander vs. Keith Jardine was a pretty funny fight. Jardine came in all cocky and was like "I don't need to fight this guy" and then he got knocked the fuck out in like 50 seconds.

I really like Jackson now. I never knew much about him before because this was only his second match in the UFC, but he has a hilarious attitude that I like.

I see Jackson losing to the next contender not named Chuck Lidell. Jackson just has Chucky's number like no one else has. I think even if Chuck was better prepared for the fight, Jackson would have still won. His style is just perfect for defeating Chuck's style. However, Jackson's style can get him in trouble against a lot of other LHs in both UFC and Pride. (and it has in the past)

Got some great fights on their way with UFC owning Pride now. Can't wait, expect a lot of belt changing all over the place taking place soon. Oh, very eager to see that crazy kid Gonzaga fight the man, the myth, the legend Couture.

Back