I feel like someone should be mentioning Star Citizen here

ya it's pretty shocking it's not a huge topic here...although i'm not much into the space combat thing...(quit orig swg when jtls came out)

for those into space it looks amazing

It's Chris Roberts. The worst-case scenario is Freelancer in a persistent multi-player universe, and that would be pretty amazing.

keep me posted i am a big fan of wing commander and christ roberts i would love to learn more about the pvp aspects of this game

The stated goal is to blur the lines between PvE and PvP, so you won't know what you're facing unless you see obvious AI traits. There is a PvP slider system that you can use to set your preference between the two, but people with their slider at max PvE will still see PvP and vice versa. Combat is not just ship-to-ship, boarding of ships will be supported in FPS-style combat, and there will be some FPS-style ground combat on lawless planets. Most importantly, they are including a real bounty hunting system.

Hmm, it is a little surprising nobody mentioned it yet, but I've had it bookmarked for a while.

As usual I tend not to care much about the development stage of a game (except learning some things about how they do said development) since it's most fun when it's finished.

Still, freaking amazing the amount of support this game has received, I can't see it being anything but awesome. Freelancer is the most fun I've had in a space sim, and I've been pretty put-off that nobody really published a better space sim game in all these years. I mean, there were some pretty cool space games back in the late 1990's and early 2000's, and then it sort of tapered off. Hopefully this will convince more developers that there is still a sizable audience for these games.

(also, you just might see me joining NEXUS... or your competition...)

Last edited:
Back