How awsome is Vanguard going to be?

How awsome is Vanguard going to be?

• Fucken shit yea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've played it I know its awsome

• So awsome if it was a person it could kick Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold S

• Fuck that game cause I'm gay

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Jan 12 2007, 04:49 PM) [snapback]139217[/snapback][/center]
Yes coz Dand L was at least in theory was a good game and the dev team wasnt the same old crap. As soon as I saw they wont be able to deliver what they promised I said my bye to it.

Vanguard on the other hand is the same old crap with some polish on it which I am not buying. But feel free to hope I guess. I just dont give ppl many chances when time after time they screw things.
[/b]

No offense, but if you couldn't see that DnL was going to be crap before it even went into beta, you were grasping at straws.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 14 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]139350[/snapback][/center]
No offense, but if you couldn't see that DnL was going to be crap before it even went into beta, you were grasping at straws.
[/b]

Lack of fundings, and them being french makes it quite easy to see.

After checking out the site for AoC I'm actually a bit more interested in playing that when it comes out.

It might have potential but I'll wait and see after the beta has been tweaked. I don't like games where I have to run naked back to my corpse. And, this one has spawn rate problems in certain areas, where I just happen to end up. A few deaths and a lot of nekkid runs later... I'm logged off with no intention of loading it again. I'm gonna give it a while longer and try again. I have friends playing it who love it. Reminds me of eq2, which makes me wanna /puke.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Jan 13 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]139221[/snapback][/center]
Its no worse then EQ2... matter of fact it's crafting system blows EQ2's out of the water so far. The game has massive potential that hasnt even been tapped yet. It's quite hard to call it a piece of crap when you havent even gotten above level 20 or even attempted to try the beta. There is a 'free' beta as in it costs 6-7 dollars to join Fileplanet to download it and play.

Would also like to know how you have given the people of Sigil many chances in the past and they have screwed you over. Last I checked the main people creating Vanguard where the ones behind Everquest and not the ones behind Everquest 2 and Star Wars Galaxies. Only thing SOE has to do with Vanguard is server support and Customer Service. One thing I can say about SOE is their servers are always handled pretty well and although their CS can be crap so can Blizzards. So before you call something crap or blame them for harming you in the past do some research :D

Although I would recommend giving Vanguard at least 3-6 months before you even attempt to start playing unless you are for sure you are going to love it. By then alot more polish will be involved... they are reworking almost all if not all of the character animations and spell effects as we speak. There is so much going for Vanguard that its kinda mind-numbing, now can they pull it off? That remains to be seen. But they have the foundation for one hell of a game and IMO having played Everquest2 right at launch Vanguard has more going for it now then Everquest 2 did at launch and just look at how good EQ2 is now. /shrug. If it doesnt pull through by Q4 07' there is always Warhammer.
[/b]

this was probably said about swg beta as well and we see how that " 6 months till polished " went lol ...true soe isnt the dev staff of the game but they are the host of it and they will press sigil to release a half finished buggy turd just as they did with swg .. actually i think you yourself posted that opinion somewhere already ... i just think some folks have been burned too many times ..everygame will tell you on the box and or website that its the next big thing but far far far too few deliver the promise

If Vanguard wasn't a Fantasy type MMO then I'd give it a shot. I'm sick of fantasy games and I only ever really played one. The fantasy genre just isn't for me. :\

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ Jan 14 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]139399[/snapback][/center]
this was probably said about swg beta as well and we see how that " 6 months till polished " went lol ...true soe isnt the dev staff of the game but they are the host of it and they will press sigil to release a half finished buggy turd just as they did with swg .. actually i think you yourself posted that opinion somewhere already ... i just think some folks have been burned too many times ..everygame will tell you on the box and or website that its the next big thing but far far far too few deliver the promise
[/b]

Yeah I agree thats why I try all of the turds because sometimes when you dig deep enough you find the turd has a heart of gold :wub:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 15 2007, 07:28 AM) [snapback]139408[/snapback][/center]
If Vanguard wasn't a Fantasy type MMO then I'd give it a shot. I'm sick of fantasy games and I only ever really played one. The fantasy genre just isn't for me. :\
[/b]

I agree with this comment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kiah @ Jan 14 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]139392[/snapback][/center]
It might have potential but I'll wait and see after the beta has been tweaked. I don't like games where I have to run naked back to my corpse. And, this one has spawn rate problems in certain areas, where I just happen to end up. A few deaths and a lot of nekkid runs later... I'm logged off with no intention of loading it again. I'm gonna give it a while longer and try again. I have friends playing it who love it. Reminds me of eq2, which makes me wanna /puke.
[/b]

I can sympathize with the spawn rate problem. I ended up in a few of those areas myself. Either too many or too few.

You don't HAVE to run nekkid back to your corpse, you can always just pay the fine, or bind your good stuff. Of course, at low level you really don't have much in the way of good stuff. Anyway, there are alternatives if you want to pay the price. For myself, I regard recovering my corpse as a matter of honor (i.e., money), unless I've been really stupid and gotten killed in a place I got to by following higher-level trailblazers.

Back