How awsome is Vanguard going to be?

How awsome is Vanguard going to be?

• Fucken shit yea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've played it I know its awsome

• So awsome if it was a person it could kick Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold S

• Fuck that game cause I'm gay

• Total voters
I didnt vote, there are some awesome things they have in game that I like but I have yet to experience them with all the lag, hitching and bugs that are present.

If you're hoping that this game is going to be the next big thing, will make you happier than SWG EQ2 or WoW, or may in some way bring back any semblance of the best days of SWG you're going to be horribly disappointed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Jan 4 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]138308[/snapback][/center]
Pshhh not from what I hear. I'm testing it for my self soon.
[/b]

Have fun uninstalling it 5 minutes after you start playing. It's bad.

In all honesty. It's a WoW wannabe with EQ grinding. It has potential to be fun, but it's just lacking so much that you find yourself looking for a reason to keep on going.

The lvl grind in WoW just burnt me out and doing it in another game doesn't make it better.

I dont know what playing that damn beta is like.

The character generator seemed cool, but the game became a total slide-show lagfest.

I know it is in beta and all, but it is not very usable yet. I'll also be reinstalling windows from scratch soon, as part of the issue might be resolved with a clean OS.

But not very impressed yet. And having it be SOE certainly does not foster any positive opinion.

I'd put it this way... if I had to choose between Vanguard and LotRO at this point in time. I'd pick LotRO hands down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Jan 5 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]138386[/snapback][/center]
Daydreaming is a bad habit stomis, and makes u vulnerable to getting disappointed.
[/b]

lol nice Hakan...werent you digging for Dark and Light for the longest time? I'd call that a nightmare more than a day dream.

I have to say I've now played it. Its WoW/EQ2 Quests + a mix of CU/EQ2 combat + WoW interface + SWG huge open world + Pre CU attribute type modifyers and awsome graphics even when turned all the way down.
Yes it is a lagfest in beta because of the programs running in the background sending info. But I turn my stuff all the way down on a 6200gt card it still looks great and doesnt lag. I'm extremely satisfied with the game. It is worth the money and every bit of hope I've poured into it.

vanguard is a fun game, but if you are looking for anything original you better look elsewhere. I like playing it for free in beta...but I don't know how fun it will be once they start charging for it.

Thats the point it seems to have the best of all the games I've played... I dont want something original anymore because the originality boat sailed with precu. That was it. like banana says it was ahead of its time and the lack of support and marketing lost that for us. It was the "next gen". Now this game is stepping up and people wont except it because its basically EQ3 with a different name.

None of the above. :p

You need to get a mid-high gaming rig just to make the play tolerable, IMO. If you have one, you can get smooth graphics without many hitches. Gear from 2005 probably will not cut it, unless it was the extreme high end then. Maxed resolution and all the bells and whistles will probably require the top-end rig available sometime in 2008. Server lag remains an issue. The servers I last played on were reportedly down-rev lame and not suitable for release. The word I last heard is that new ones are on the way.

I can't say much about gameplay yet. I'm having fun so far, but I'm not a hardcore vet of EQx or WoW. My experience so far reminds of of a good solo RPG. I have not grouped yet because I can't commit the time, but I sense that a good group at the low levels will result in a really fast adventure leveling experience, obtained mainly through quests and not random killing.

Adventuring seems to have fewer bugs than crafting or diplomacy, based on my experience and bug reports so far. Some regions are more solid than others. There are some graphics bugs in particular that make it look like the game is being pushed out the door to some extent. They don't seriously degrade gameplay, being more laughable and embarrassing to Sigil than disruptive. My feeling now is that the game is basically more solid than SWG was at official release. There are frequent lost connections, but I sense that these are server self-protection events rather than server crashes, because restart has generally been painless.

THe lag is because the BETA servers are beastly old they admitted that. That coupled with a secondary program sending your comps info to their server every 5 seconds is what makes the lag.

I was going to upgrade for the game but and deciding not too for now only because I think I've outgrown games in general. I played for a few days and havent been on in 3 days. Im kind of realising I'd rather go hang out with my friends til 10 or 11 on a school night than play an MMO. That aside I run 1024 x 768 on all low settings with an AMD 64bit Athlon 2800+, gig of ram, geforce 6200 and an 8meg cable connection. The lag is nowheres near as bad as SWG ever was back in the day before they "optimized" it. For $400 I could upgrade my mobo buy an AMD x2 and a geforce 7600GT and play that thing with blazing high graphics. I'd just rather spend money on my truck...

I dont have a AMD X-2 but I have a amd 64 3500+ with 2 gigs of ram and a 7600GT and the game hitchs and lags so bad I have offically given up on this game. That and I'm tired of dealing with idiots in the community that like to insist that its everyones computer and not the codding or servers, I refuse to upgrade just to play one game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tirrem @ Jan 12 2007, 05:12 AM) [snapback]139134[/snapback][/center]
I dont have a AMD X-2 but I have a amd 64 3500+ with 2 gigs of ram and a 7600GT and the game hitchs and lags so bad I have offically given up on this game. That and I'm tired of dealing with idiots in the community that like to insist that its everyones computer and not the codding or servers, I refuse to upgrade just to play one game.
[/b]

That rig wont last you much longer anyway, DX 10 is out, and that cards shaders a purely outmatched.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Jan 8 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]138577[/snapback][/center]
lol nice Hakan...werent you digging for Dark and Light for the longest time? I'd call that a nightmare more than a day dream.

I have to say I've now played it. Its WoW/EQ2 Quests + a mix of CU/EQ2 combat + WoW interface + SWG huge open world + Pre CU attribute type modifyers and awsome graphics even when turned all the way down.
Yes it is a lagfest in beta because of the programs running in the background sending info. But I turn my stuff all the way down on a 6200gt card it still looks great and doesnt lag. I'm extremely satisfied with the game. It is worth the money and every bit of hope I've poured into it.
[/b]

Yes coz Dand L was at least in theory was a good game and the dev team wasnt the same old crap. As soon as I saw they wont be able to deliver what they promised I said my bye to it.

Vanguard on the other hand is the same old crap with some polish on it which I am not buying. But feel free to hope I guess. I just dont give ppl many chances when time after time they screw things.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Jan 12 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]139217[/snapback][/center]
Yes coz Dand L was at least in theory was a good game and the dev team wasnt the same old crap. As soon as I saw they wont be able to deliver what they promised I said my bye to it.

Vanguard on the other hand is the same old crap with some polish on it which I am not buying. But feel free to hope I guess. I just dont give ppl many chances when time after time they screw things.
[/b]

Its no worse then EQ2... matter of fact it's crafting system blows EQ2's out of the water so far. The game has massive potential that hasnt even been tapped yet. It's quite hard to call it a piece of crap when you havent even gotten above level 20 or even attempted to try the beta. There is a 'free' beta as in it costs 6-7 dollars to join Fileplanet to download it and play.

Would also like to know how you have given the people of Sigil many chances in the past and they have screwed you over. Last I checked the main people creating Vanguard where the ones behind Everquest and not the ones behind Everquest 2 and Star Wars Galaxies. Only thing SOE has to do with Vanguard is server support and Customer Service. One thing I can say about SOE is their servers are always handled pretty well and although their CS can be crap so can Blizzards. So before you call something crap or blame them for harming you in the past do some research :D

Although I would recommend giving Vanguard at least 3-6 months before you even attempt to start playing unless you are for sure you are going to love it. By then alot more polish will be involved... they are reworking almost all if not all of the character animations and spell effects as we speak. There is so much going for Vanguard that its kinda mind-numbing, now can they pull it off? That remains to be seen. But they have the foundation for one hell of a game and IMO having played Everquest2 right at launch Vanguard has more going for it now then Everquest 2 did at launch and just look at how good EQ2 is now. /shrug. If it doesnt pull through by Q4 07' there is always Warhammer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 12 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]139156[/snapback][/center]
That rig wont last you much longer anyway, DX 10 is out, and that cards shaders a purely outmatched.
[/b]

I agree. Not only is DX10 on the horizon but so is the utilization of Duel Core and Quad Core processors. So technically if you where to purchase a new machine now... and made sure you grabbed a nice Mobo with SLI support as well as being Duel and Quad Core ready you are for the most part set for the next 2-3 years.

Alot of people, not saying anyone in particular, are bashing Vanguard because they would have to upgrade then turn around and say they will wait for AoC or Warhammer and as far as I know AOC is DX10 and I dont believe Warhammer has released specs yet but it wouldnt surprise me if they are going to be using Duel Core and DX10... I know Vanguard will be utilizing Duel Cores down the road. I think alot of people myself included for some time where spoiled by WoW and its subpar computer specs... WoW did a huge favor to the MMO Genre by getting people into the genre in the first place but at the same time hurt the growth of the industry because now they expect to run new games on machines that are outdated for computer gamming.

Back