History of Star Wars Video Games

Star Wars Video Game Posters
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20070222.html

See them all at the link above.

9.jpg
2.jpg

wow i remember playing the super star wars games on my snes. will have to put them on my psp :D

I never knew they made an ESB arcade game!

I remember the SW one well. They used to have it every year in the Guy Fawkes fair. :cool:
Used to get real annoying trying to blast down all the TIE lasers to stay alive. Still one of the most fun satisfying games they made I think.

You can emulate it on the PC I think can't you?

yep i should think you can. just need to get the roms and the appropriate emulator. that is all i did on my custom firmwared psp :D

Does that newer one with the lightsaber fights against Boba and Darth work on emulators? I remember playing that one at a local arcade and how badass it was.

lol i dont think i ever got very far in the games to be honest. i think i only ever rented them and i remember being totally crap at games as a kid (not much has changed then!!)

The games on super Nintendo were the shit, the sidescroller with chewy blasting away with the bowcaster is classic in my mind. Simply fun. A buddy of mine also had the old Star Wars arcade cabinet. we used to play as kids, it was the 83 space sim one, shitty digitized voices from the movie n all. Funtimes.

I remember playing Jedi Arena when it came out for the Atari 2600. It was fun... I guess... you just deflected a probe's laser bolts as you moved your lightsaber around on a pivot point.

OMG, I actually got the original Dark Forces to work on XP! This is HUGE, i haven't played this game in over 10 years. Had to do some research and download some programs, but it's working!

I've considered having another go on Republic Commando recently.

Jedi Outcast is great. Jedi Academy wasn't amazing.
I played Super SW etc on my XP machine.

They need to do a re-release of all the Jedi Knight games in new graphics.
I expect there is a mod out though.

Shame Force Unleashed is only console :(

There's been a mod in the works for the past 6 years or so to recreate Dark Forces in Jedi Academy. They released a sample2 at the end of January. It looks really good.

that is some pretty amazing dedication right there. i never actually played any Jedi knight games before JO. i did try but the abysmal graphics meant i quite quickly turned off

Does that newer one with the lightsaber fights against Boba and Darth work on emulators? I remember playing that one at a local arcade and how badass it was.
They had that one in my local cinema until recently. Never got far on it.
Would love to try it on an Emulator. Anyone got any good links to any of this stuff?

I got the Megadrive 32x only to play the Star Wars game on it.
Don't think I ever got far. It was really hard and annoying. 3D graphics have come a long way! :lol:

Star Wars: Knight of the old Republic. Hands down. It's original, open ended, and beautiful. I love that game and the story. The sequel was ok, but fell apart at the end.

Back