Guess what I'm allergic to?

Tiveria

Sheeptastic!
My doctor says it's seasonal allergies, but I've never heard of hives and seasonal allergies. Hives. Not shingles (almost killed my father in law for that one), but little red itchy bumps that decide to appear and disappear, but itch worse than chicken pox. I've had them on and off all week. Today I woke up with not only them, but the tell tale allergetic signs of itchy throat, watery eyes, and stuffy nose.

I take two Benedryls or one Benedryl and several hours later, they go away, only to return in a day or so.

Not that I don't believe my doctor, but I thought it would be more fun to guess what I'm allergic to.

Is it my cat? (that I've lived with cats all my life)
Is it eating a particular food that I've had all my life and suddenly has twisted back on me?
Is it dust?
Is it my husband? (haha)

Take a guess and help me figure out how to make these go away permanently, and I'll be very very very happy.

Sketchy trade-show fabric. With all the toxic recalls coming out of China, I'd take a second look at your stash of textiles.

Season allergies are quite common. Most people are more affected my it in the spring when there is a lot of pollen in the air. I am more affected in the fall due to the cold air.

If it is your cat, there is a food additive you can get from your vet to reduce your cat's dander. Just a few drops on it's food each day works pretty well for people with minor allergies. Also is this a new cat? Some cats have more dander then others. So your allergies can be affected my one cat but not others. I had this problem a few years ago when I got a couple new cats. I used those drops in thier food, gave the cats a couple baths, and did some other things. Now I no longer have to give them the drops and with 3 cats, the dander doesn't bother me at all...well unless I pet them then touch my eyes. That will make them itchy. Other then that it's completely gone.

If it's food then all I can say is don't eat that paticular food :p

Dust, I have severe dust allergies so I have to clean all the time so nothing gets dusty. I'm pretty much and it rarely bothers me unless I walk into a dirty house. Then my eyes water and it get difficult to breath.

If it's your hubby then well...you might have to get another cat. lol

My doctor says it's seasonal allergies, but I've never heard of hives and seasonal allergies. Hives. Not shingles (almost killed my father in law for that one), but little red itchy bumps that decide to appear and disappear, but itch worse than chicken pox. I've had them on and off all week. Today I woke up with not only them, but the tell tale allergetic signs of itchy throat, watery eyes, and stuffy nose.

I take two Benedryls or one Benedryl and several hours later, they go away, only to return in a day or so.

Not that I don't believe my doctor, but I thought it would be more fun to guess what I'm allergic to.

Is it my cat? (that I've lived with cats all my life)
Is it eating a particular food that I've had all my life and suddenly has twisted back on me?
Is it dust?
Is it my husband? (haha)

Take a guess and help me figure out how to make these go away permanently, and I'll be very very very happy.

Last edited:
why not go to your doctors, get the standard tests and start getting shots for it?

I DID go to my doctor. He said it's probably seasonal allergies and will go away in approx two weeks. If not after that, I'll go to see a dermatologist. I thought it'd be fun to guess what I could be allergic to. ;)

I think it's probably either food, or just some weird virus that's now raving mad at me.

The other symptoms I don't think are related because now I feel like I have bronchitis or some other chest illness. Ugh, and I have a class to go to tomorrow too, and I itch like a fiend!

Oh, and the cat is old - we've had her for like three or more years now. She sheds like a fiend, but nothing new there for her. No new habits or anything - and she stays inside.

I did, but my mind was clouded with the need to scratch.

Well you know you're in my thoughts, and dang nab it tell her to hurry it up already! *ducks*

Yeah, she is counting the seconds till it is time.

Hives are fairly common in my family. I tend to ignore them, or rather just put up with them, when they happen to me, even though that can be dangerous (anaphylactic shock is very unpredictable).

I'm not allergic to anything but gluten (you find it in flour). It's not a big problem to me tho :)

I'm allergic to the enzyme in milk, but mildly. Oh, and sometimes my husband, but that's not all that often.

Back